• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Questions about effects from a non-user

P.s. came home from work and was upset because Im not believing him and if I dont trust him then why are we together. Again I told him it's his choice...hes free to walk away but his anger is only making me distrust him more. i said the next 5 days will show the truth. He claims it only last 3 days in your system and will take a drug test on friday to prove it. Swore on his grandfathers grave that its not as bad as i think it is and he would never lie while swearing on his grandfathers grave. Finally we got a little somewhere because he said he was done but went somewhere and saw a needle and that was all it took. Cried and was quiet for a long time. Then went back to anger. said an older friend of his told him he better quit the shit and walked away a few months ago. I asked if this person is someone we can go to for support and he says yes. But then anger...if i dont trust him its going to push him away. Again your choice.

Is ambivalence at this point normal? I dont know if its ok to post this all here but I have no one else to share this with really.

Are you kidding me?
Come on bro, you need to start thinking about the garbage coming out of your mouth before it comes out.

Grow up or gtfo.

Of course! Show some respect. Not the place. Not the time!

looks like he's on the other side of the line.
in the side of REAL addiction to opiates.
opiates are a whole nodda ball game once you truly found out whats its like to feed its hunger and cravings.
the fact of the matter is, its gonna be tough, and if he has never been introduced to opiates he would never lie to you. but thats what heroin does.
heroin becomes a romantic part in their life.
pretty hard to comprehend but you really can't explain it.
im just being real, you're gonna have to be extremely patient with him, one little reason that might make him feel okay to use and he's gonna use.
But honestly if you really are not acceptable to live with him using, i suggest you start hardening your heart and prepare to leave him.
im not saying you will, but unless HE sees that YOU really are ready to leave him, he is not gonna change.
good luck!

You will be able to tell if he is not using. He will definitely be lazy, lack of motivation. If he really hasn't been abusing for a long time he shouldn't have really bad wd. I don't really know how long he has been on them but the longer the worse it gets. I was on them for 6+ years and I am on only 8 weeks clean now and still not 100% I remember the first time I quit after only taking them for a few months I was just really lazy and had the runs. So I told myself that wasn't that bad and I continued to party. Bad bad move on my part it just got more difficult every time Ittried to stop after the first year or so.

if he used 2 days in a row, then there would be NO WITHDRAWAL. doesnt seem like anyone said that; you would have to use 10-15 days in a row to even feel the littlest bit of withdrawals. months+ to go through heavy withdrawals.

younger women talk to much. i like older women

Maybe younger women talk too much cuz they havent given up hope yet. Whatever.

Anyhow today is going well...watched movies and went to get a haircut. Nothing like I was dreading it might be.

Are we in the clear as far as wd?

Maybe younger women talk too much cuz they havent given up hope yet. Whatever.

Anyhow today is going well...watched movies and went to get a haircut. Nothing like I was dreading it might be.

Are we in the clear as far as wd?
hun, if he used heroin for 2 days, there would be NO WITHDRAWAL! lol. so its either he knows zero about addiction and is really overrating here, or he is completely lying to you and you do not have a clue as to what is really happening.

I can picture someone who shoots dope, regularly, now or in the past, actually thinking they would be sick after only using 2 days. maybe 2 weeks but not 2 days. who the hell knows here, but just doesnt make sense.

Lol of course i have no clue which is why i was asking the questions. He admitted to using the two times but then everyone was making it seem like he was probably lying and in denial..i didnt know what to think. My only experiences with heroin are having a co-worker die from it (nobody at work knew he used) and watching a guy in an alley shoot up in broad daylight while walking home with a bunch of kids.

He didnt overrate, I just didnt believe him. So hey I learned something regardless and I am not as clueless as I was Tuesday. :)

looks like he's on the other side of the line.
in the side of REAL addiction to opiates.
opiates are a whole nodda ball game once you truly found out whats its like to feed its hunger and cravings.
the fact of the matter is, its gonna be tough, and if he has never been introduced to opiates he would never lie to you. but thats what heroin does.
heroin becomes a romantic part in their life.
pretty hard to comprehend but you really can't explain it.
im just being real, you're gonna have to be extremely patient with him, one little reason that might make him feel okay to use and he's gonna use.
But honestly if you really are not acceptable to live with him using, i suggest you start hardening your heart and prepare to leave him.
im not saying you will, but unless HE sees that YOU really are ready to leave him, he is not gonna change.
good luck!

So true! I was told by my wife that if I continued she would leave and take my children away.
I tested this by taking my last shot and they left me. I was so miserable and sick.
At the end, I looked for help, went to doctors got clean- at this stage only through methadone.
I was involved with H and high doses of fentanyl.

I had to change my life, pulled myself together and finally my family came back.
If I could go back in time to change one thing, anything at all. Would have never touched H.
It breaks my heart looking at the damage I've done, regardless if it was 1-7 or 20 years ago...

Last edited:
Just know that hes always going to tell you what he thinks you want to hear. When hes using hes never going to be honest with you, he'll lie his ass off.

The decision you'll have to eventually make is whether or not you can live with an addict as a boyfriend... My gf goes through the same shit. Eventually you'll have to say "Me or the drugs." Thats how it always goes...

And I'm not going to lie to you, this is a LIFE-LONG struggle, be prepared...

First of all, and I'm surprised no one has pointed this out, if he only used twice he wouldn't be having any withdrawal. Withdrawal is what you experience when your body is used to having opiates and then they are suddenly taken away. If he made it to work as you say, he's not in withdrawal. Is he psychologically craving? Probably. Is he trying to get angry and pick a fight to have an excuse to use? Possibly.

If someone is in opiate wd they will be throwing up, having uncontrollable watery diarrhea, having cold sweats to the point the sheets are soaked through, unable to sleep, unable to lay still but no energy to do anything but lay there....that's for starters. What you describe sounds more like someone who played around a few times and is in a place where he may want to stop but that want may not be enough to overtake the desire to feel that high

Good luck. Hopefully he does stop now. I just wanted to clear some stuff up for you, because in reading your posts I can see you mean well but have no idea what opiate addiction/withdrawal is all about.

And yes, you should control all available money for at least the next few weeks. If he isn't willing to do that , in the back of his mind he is giving himself a way to use. There is no real reason for anger at that request other than him trying to manipulate you into feeling guilty for asking. As a former heroin addict that is EXACTLY how I would react if I wanted my way lol

EDiT. Sorry BBT, I do see you also pointed out there would be no wd after 2 days ...

If someone is in opiate wd they will be throwing up, having uncontrollable watery diarrhea, having cold sweats to the point the sheets are soaked through, unable to sleep, unable to lay still but no energy to do anything but lay there....that's for starters. What you describe sounds more like someone who played around a few times and is in a place where he may want to stop but that want may not be enough to overtake the desire to feel that high

Not everyone experiences withdrawal THAT bad. I've gone to work while kicking, yeah it sucked big time but I sweated it out. Every heroin kick I've ever had I was nothing to the point where I was throwing up, and I had a couple year or more long runs. The only time I've experienced close to what you're describing is when I kicked 100mg methadone cold turkey, yeah that was fucking hell...

I would throw a blanket in the dryer, crawl into a scorching hot shower, get out of the shower, wrap myself in the warm blanket, blanket would get cool, I'd throw the blanket back in the dryer, crawl into the shower...REPEAT over and over for three weeks until it finally started to let up.

Last edited:
those withdrawals must not have been that bad; when I go through/have went through withdrawals I did NOT EVEN WANT TO MOVE! I was sick there and shake and body would just tumor, but NOT ABLE TO SLEEP OR STAY STILL FOR A SECOND. there would be a cold sweat with my body completely run down and does not want to move. just miserable fucking times of my life but these would be after 1-2 year runs of doing a gram+ a day. just sick, sick days. they were not even that long ago.