• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Questiond related to shorter, comfortable withdrawal

Moonlitskies09

Greenlighter
Hi again everyone!

I've been having weirdly mild withdrawal symptoms during my at home detox. I'd been binging for about 6 months, keeping myself around the heroin equivalent of banging 120mg-360mg morpine a day.

I don't understand why or what is happening. I peaked on day two, but was still comfy, even happy. I'm on day four of detox. No rls, no sneezing, I'm just a little lazy and having cravings. Bored and a little nostalgic. Last time I tried to quit just two weeks ago I experienced full blown withdrawal. Opiates are weird.

I've thought about a long acting opiate being mixed into my caps but that feels unlikely. I don't know.

Is there any information explaining why I'd have such a rapid withdrawal? I don't like how unpredictably my body is behaving, I'm thankful but it worries me.

Update: I just came home from a three hour stroll around Palm springs FL, weather here is lovely atm. I feel great. Going to try to get some sleep.

Last edited:
Maybe you were using fentanyl and didn't know it.... There's a lot of fentanyl going into the for nowadays and many sources are becoming more fentanyl than heroin

Hi again everyone!

I've been having weirdly mild withdrawal symptoms during my at home detox. I'd been binging for about 6 months, keeping myself around the heroin equivalent of banging 120mg-360mg morpine a day.

I don't understand why or what is happening. I peaked on day two, but was still comfy, even happy. I'm on day four of detox. No rls, no sneezing, I'm just a little lazy and having cravings. Bored and a little nostalgic. Last time I tried to quit just two weeks ago I experienced full blown withdrawal. Opiates are weird.

I've thought about a long acting opiate being mixed into my caps but that feels unlikely. I don't know.

Is there any information explaining why I'd have such a rapid withdrawal? I don't like how unpredictably my body is behaving, I'm thankful but it worries me.

Update: I just came home from a three hour stroll around Palm springs FL, weather here is lovely atm. I feel great. Going to try to get some sleep.

I can't explain it, but I can kind of relate to what you're saying. On the many occasions when I was trying to come off methadone, I found that sometimes I was able to abstain for days with absolutely no withdrawal symptoms, whereas at other times I'd be craving after 24 hours. The longest I went was 5 days, before the withdrawals suddenly kicked in on the 6th day and I had to redose.

It does seem to me that at certain times you can tolerate withdrawal much better than others.

I don't know if you've ever heard of biorhythms?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biorhythm

They were quite big in the late 70s early 80s but have largely now been debunked by the scientific community. However, I feel that there may be some truth to them as my physical and emotional states do appear to follow cycles.

Tacodude: The withdrawal was light but it's like you said, you can't tell what is being added to our bags. It's a really good explaination though, I'm glad you thought of this because I'm pretty sure that the fent half-life is like quarter that of dope, which really lines up with my symptoms.

FUBAR: Love your username!. I've never researched biorythms and a cursory search on Google explains the theory as pseudoscientific like you said. I need to read up on the theory and think about it's implications and criticisms. I think that's a really interesting explaination and I'm really grateful, I'll try to get back to this after I read some more online.

Maybe you were using fentanyl and didn't know it.... There's a lot of fentanyl going into the for nowadays and many sources are becoming more fentanyl than heroin

Its a myth that fentanyl withdrawls are somehow short purely due to its short half life...

Im going through them now and am on day 7 and still feel like im fucking dying.

It depends how much is used and ROA of course, but if one withdrew from the equivalent amount of morphine to another using the equivalent of fent the fent withdrawals will likely be shorter not considering difference in a persons metabolism

It depends how much is used and ROA of course, but if one withdrew from the equivalent amount of morphine to another using the equivalent of fent the fent withdrawals will likely be shorter not considering difference in a persons metabolism

But for withdrawls to subside, its a case of the body and brain returning to homeostasis in terms of thr various neurotransmitters and hormones which takes around a week roughly. The difference in half life of a few hours between morphine and fentanyl makes very little difference in this regard. Also, when it relates to transdermal fentanyl, the withdrawls are noticeably protracted due to the drug being trapped in thr subcutaneous fat.