• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Question re MDMA and antidepressants

awindadrift

Greenlighter
So in a nutshell my girlfriend has been off of antidepressants for several months, and then after being told by her psychiatrist to get back on them she took half a pill of sertraline today (couldn't have been more than 50mg), without realizing that we were going to be doing MDMA this weekend (incidentally, this will be her first time doing MDMA as well). I figured it'd still be fine since I believe the pill's half-life is around 22-36 hours and it obviously hasn't begun to build up in her system yet, but figured I'd check here just in case.

She should be fine. I’d be more worried about any long term tolerance gained from the previous use over the half pill she took recently. Some folks (not all) have a permanent tolerance after SSRI use.

Worst case scenario so long as she doesn’t keep redosing, takes a normal dose, she might just feel a weaker effect.

-GC

She should be fine. I’d be more worried about any long term tolerance gained from the previous use over the half pill she took recently. Some folks (not all) have a permanent tolerance after SSRI use.

Worst case scenario so long as she doesn’t keep redosing, takes a normal dose, she might just feel a weaker effect.

-GC
hmm, could there be a permanent tolerance even for first-time MDMA users though? Seems strange that once they completely leave your system they'd still dampen the effect of MDMA even for newcomers, that would indeed suck lol anyway, she got on the antidepressants last year for the first time and don't think she was on them for more than six months.

Yup. Doesn’t happen to everyone but for some people SSRI’s make permanent changes to the serotonin system. You’ll know soon enough.

-GC

Yup. Doesn’t happen to everyone but for some people SSRI’s make permanent changes to the serotonin system. You’ll know soon enough.

-GC
well damn. So one additional question: Is it possible that her prior SSRI use may also delay the full come-up effect of MDMA, so that I start peaking before her if we take the same dosage at the same time? Just want to be sure that she doesn't re-up her dosage too soon and then end up destroyed at the climax (she's very sensitive to drugs in general).

I have always wondered if there was an SSRI connection.

After expimenting these last few days, I am absolutely certain of the reason a lot of peoplw miss pills from the 1990s-2008~ is because people had MDA and MDMA in their pills quite regularly.

MDA provides an incredibly deep, psychedelic connection that other wise is missing from a single MDMA pill, and it lasts easily 8 hours off a decent dose. Very phen empathogen. Completely alters your sensory input to the point you trip out and hear music in a completely meaningful hedonistic character

Bored of MDMA? Maybe because you remember this. I think these powerful compounds are meant to be taken together, to fully synergise their collective psychedelic and empathogenic power.

I feel like the only one who can use MDMA and anti depressants together and have no issues.
The half life of Duloxetine is only 6 hours so maybe that ha something to do with it