• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

QUESTION: For who has the magic not come back? What have your tried? How long have...

JamesLight

Bluelighter
QUESTION: For who has the magic not come back? What have your tried? How long have you waited?

There's been a big discussion on this over on EADD. It's main argument was the relative strengths of new and old MDMA.

For me - as an 'old timer', the 'magic' went years ago. I'm just so familiar with what to expect now that it's more like an old friend. I still get smashed and happy, but have long since stopped hugging everything with a pulse. But it's still one of my favourite chemicals.

It's all a myth!

I sometimes do it every weekend, sometimes every 2 weekends and often get the same feeling.

It's because your first time is your first time feeling the magic, so it feels more profound and amazing. Just relax and really enjoy the moment and you'll find you can make it feel as amazing as you want to.

It's all a myth!

I sometimes do it every weekend, sometimes every 2 weekends and often get the same feeling.

It's because your first time is your first time feeling the magic, so it feels more profound and amazing. Just relax and really enjoy the moment and you'll find you can make it feel as amazing as you want to.

How long have you been rolling? I used to roll every 1-2 weeks for the first year, and I thought the same thing- serotonin replenishment is a real, proven thing! I wish I knew then. In general, the rule is to wait 30 days minimum. I find now after my past abuse, my body and brain are much happier if I give it 60 days. =/

Things that worked for me: #1 TIME, you can't cheat breaks and what they can do for your body. There's no way to do what actual time off can do, without waiting it out. #2 Piracetam- a brain supplement that most report restores much of the desired effects of MDMA (as well as other amphetamines). I take about 1600 mgs the day I'm going to roll, and not before then. Some claim it restores them to "virgin" status, I wouldn't go that far, but I won't roll without it now. It also diminishes the undesired after effects for me personally.

My most meaningful MDMA experience was my last- in August on a camping trip. It wasn't after a long break, it wasn't after taking a bunch of supplements- I can't tell you why, other than scenery change, it was so amazing. It just was! Same MDMA I've taken in the past too.

I don't think novelty plays a big roll in "magic", but setting can play somewhat of a roll. Some feel magic loss is all about just getting used to it on a personal level, not a chemical level. I disagree from my own personal experience- I had nothing but great MDMA experiences, and then out of no where, I was at a big fabulous rave seeing DJs I loved, and my experience became extremely horrifying =( It was altogether like the opposite of rolling, and til this day it haunts me as one of the most scary, vulnerable feelings I've ever had. It was on confirmed MDMA, and it was clearly the result of rolling 3 weeks in a row. That's why I personally stress breaks, and many long-time rollers will stress the same.

I don't believe in the concept of loss of magic. I think you just grow and get used to the experience. Alcohol seemed so much more epic when I started drinking, weed seemed so much more epic when I started smoking, same with LSD and mushrooms. Your perception has changed. Personally, I like it. I'm glad I'm don't roll like I did when I was 16. Sure it seemed so great at the time, and it was, but I'm glad I grew up, because I'm sure I came off as obnoxious to many when I first started going to raves. It's a different experience now, but it's still great. I feel much more in control, more mature. Take it for what it's worth and learn to enjoy it as it is. You will never feel the same as you did when you first started rolling.

I don't believe in the concept of loss of magic. I think you just grow and get used to the experience. Alcohol seemed so much more epic when I started drinking, weed seemed so much more epic when I started smoking, same with LSD and mushrooms. Your perception has changed. Personally, I like it. I'm glad I'm don't roll like I did when I was 16. Sure it seemed so great at the time, and it was, but I'm glad I grew up, because I'm sure I came off as obnoxious to many when I first started going to raves. It's a different experience now, but it's still great. I feel much more in control, more mature. Take it for what it's worth and learn to enjoy it as it is. You will never feel the same as you did when you first started rolling.

i agree. the concept is lost on me. i always feel it. i chalk the phrase up to people getting this weak ass mdma coming around or taking pipes thinking its mdma. the stuff i got was always strong and you always felt it. yes, compared to your first time, every time sucks after that but you dont lose the magic.

It's a drug that has a lot of magic to it. So when it doesn't feel the same as when you first started it's very easy to say it doesn't work the same when really you're the one who's changed.

Having using MDMA fairly often for the past year, i can definitely say i have lost the "magic" The last few times i rolled it was the same thing, Soft things are no longer soft, my favorite rolling music doesn't sound good anymore, and a back massage or anyone touching me is now out of the question because it just doesn't feel good anymore. I am now on a 6 month hiatus and hoping for good results when the time comes. As it has already been said, i agree that moderation is key! and lucky for u people who have not lost the magic yet because it's truly a sad feeling.

I have rolled 3 times and that third time was good but I wouldnt say it quite as magical.
There are so many lurking variables with this though its really hard to say what the cause might be.
Setting, pill contents, your mood / expectations, your activity while rolling, your dose, etc.....

ex. My third time I spent nearly the entire time I rolled walking around outside very at a very fast pace, while the first time I was inside sitting with my best friends. This may have effected my overall peak and made it seem less magical.

Take 3 quality pills today and repeat the same within few days. Compare these experiences and this is what people call lost magic. It is not their changed perception, it is the fact the magic is lost. Not absolutely but a lot. After longer abuse peple feel the same even after much longer time (even months). That's the fact.

Yeah alexander shulgin and his wife said in an interveiw I read in a book about MDMA that they suspect 4 times a year is a reasonable amount.

obviously I assume she means 4 times spaced out evenly haha not 4 nights in a row

Take 3 quality pills today and repeat the same within few days. Compare these experiences and this is what people call lost magic. It is not their changed perception, it is the fact the magic is lost. Not absolutely but a lot. After longer abuse peple feel the same even after much longer time (even months). That's the fact.

I wasn't talking about using it too much in a short period of time. I was talking about long term, people who say it just isn't the same as it used to be when they started, even after breaks. I am very aware of the problems with rolling too close together.

rolled 8 times in the past. used to space out my rolling 3 months between rolls. first 5 times i rolled, i always rolled hard. then i started rolling once every month. i started taking 100 mg of 5htp every day for a week after rolling to not feel shitty. ive rolled twice in the past 4 weeks. i have a rave to go to next sat. last time i rolled i had a fair amount of pretty good mollie and the magic wasn't quite there but i was still having a good time. next sat though i have way more mollie for :)

I wasn't talking about using it too much in a short period of time. I was talking about long term, people who say it just isn't the same as it used to be when they started, even after breaks. I am very aware of the problems with rolling too close together.

That example was just fore the realization what is the difference between having magic and having it lost (in terms of realization of the experience). It is the same even after one year without e, believe me. I take ecstasy about once a year and I don't have 1/4 of the magic of my first 10 experiences. Sad to say that. I did the mistake and abused it :(

^^^ I guess everyone's different, but I do think that a lot of the magic in the beginning comes from the newness of the experience. I have abused it twice and the roll is much different for me now, but I like it. It's mellow.

I did it everyday for almost 3 months, then I just stopped. It's been over a year now...and I think it's time for a pinkish/tanned/white wedding.