• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Question for those who are experienced with many, many benzos

ObieWan

Bluelighter
I often take clonazepam or alprazolam to help me sleep, though my sleep has been better so I'm using them less. I take anywhere from 0.25 to 1.5mg of either one, maybe a few times a week at night. I've gotten these because they are the cheapest and most accessible to me. Even 2mg of alprazolam only keeps me asleep for a few hours. Just for the heck of it I purchased 20 lorazepam 2.5mg and I took one at night and I couldn't believe how good a single dose felt, even better than the first few times I tried xanax. It was warm, fuzzy, euphoric, and I slept great, better than with Ambien. I have tolerance to these drugs but I'm not dependant on them. I often hear of Lorazepam rated very low as a benzo user's favorite drug. I don't even need 2 pills. I wonder how they scale in mg strength compared to alprazolam?

Did this feel so good and work so well simply because the drug is new to my body, or does it seem preferable to me because of the way my body metabolizes the drug or my benzo receptors like it better? I used to love benzos, now the only time I ever think about them is if it's 3am and I can't sleep or I've woken up and I can't sleep. They are not fun anymore. It's 3pm now and I'd love to take one, but a benzo habit creeps up quick, so I'm not.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm according to this 1 mg lorazepam is equal to 0,5 mg alprazolam/clonazepam.

However, how one react to benzo's is very subjective. So you can't really use the experiences of other people in regards to benzo's.

I have a prescription for three different kinds of benzo's. I take 2-4 mg clonazepam and 10-20 mg diazepam each day - every third month I change the third benzo. Normally I take 3 months with alprazolam and 3 months with bromazepam. However, just today actually, I have added lorazepam to the mix as well. I feel that the fact that I am not taking those three on a continuous basis makes that benzo potentiate the effects from the entire combo. It might just be placebo, but I do feel like there is an effect.

2.5mg lorazepam is similar to 1.25ng alprazolam, although it lasts longer

The benzodiazepines have slightly different effects and subtlety’ based on pharmacokinetics and subtype receptor Selectivity

Lorazepam is fairly common and somehow popular, it also seems to be a more neutral benzo

If It worked for you that is great though

Reading over my posting, I realize there is noway anybody can answer my questions except with more anecdotal experiences. It's interesting Ignio, how you rotate your benzos. Does the last one potentiate the others? I don't know. When I took them more regularly I would rotate them, but much more frequently. The theory was because of cross-tolerance I was able to keep absolute benzo intake down. I'm too tired to illustrate my thought clearly, and I'm going to take advantage and go jump into bed.

Benzodiazepine type(Nitrobenzo v Tribenzo v ? Classical ? benzodiazepine v TriNitrobenzodiazepaine etc) and, seubtype receptor selectivity, especially, and also lipophillicity and T1/2, all play in a role in th? uniques of each

Rotating then with legitimate medical issues is reckless unless you keep this in mind, and you will still be/become physically dependent ; the best you can do(with regular usage) is slow the build of a tolerance abit, pretty much, and we don’t even have hard figures on that. Just be careful