• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Question about Xanxax (This is my first time posting in thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Joe87

Greenlighter
So This last thursday my buddies and i took some xanax. I've never done it before but the had white, yellow, and green ones. they said the whites were .5 and the yellows and greens were both 2(g or mg) i i forget.
Any ways i took 2 greens and snorted a yellow and we also all did some morphine.

I wasnt really feeling that high because the first 2 greens we did like an hour before the other ones. I rememeber going to walmart and for some reason trying to steal pokemon cards. When the alarm went off i was so down to fight the worker for whatever reason. I'm a pretty quiet polite guy but i was being a total dick.

Anyways, to get to the point, we got to my apartment did the rest of the drugs and the next thing I know its saturday at 9pm and i have to work it 2 hours. ( I work graveyard at a group home). I"m at work now but I still feel like i am wasted as if i drank alcohol. Does anyone know when these affects should wear off?

Yes alcohol and benzo's both act on the gaba receptor system, so they are very similar, so that feeling shouldn't come as a surprise. A couple things, be extremely careful when mixing opiates (morphine) and benzo's (xanax)! They both are CNS deppresants, and have caused even the most seasoned drug users to OD! Also, snorting benzo's isn't really effective, as they are nearly insoluble in water, just swallow them, as the bioavailibility is around 80-90%. The white ones are .25mg btw.

To answer your question, xanax is a fairly short acting benzo, and has a duration of action that can last up to 8 hours, but usually falls in the range of 2-6 hours.

If you take any advice from this post, I would strongly suggest you adhere to the "not mixing opiates and benzo's" advice! This action can be fatal, and should not be taken lightly, just do a quick online search of pharmaceutical overdoses, and you'll find that this combination is usually the culprit!

Stay safe bud, Hopeless 7ous

First of all, do some research before combining drugs.
The combination you took (two CNS depressants) is notorious for increased respiratory depression and in the worst case could kill you.

You took way way too much alprazolam (xanax) a good starting dose is 0.5-1mg max and when combining with another CNS depressant, like morphine you have to take way less, because they synergise so well.

What you experienced is called a benzo black out, this happens when you take too much (6mg if I understand correctly and btw snorting benzos is a waste and just bad for your nose and lungs because of all the fillers etc)
Alprazolam has a relatively short half life (around 12 hours iirc) so you should feel better today or tomorrow.

Benzos tend to make you feel not fucked up even though you are extremely fucked up.
So please do some research before combining drugs thennext time and don't hesitate to ask.
If you need dosage advice post in Basic Drug Discussion :)

Yes alcohol and benzo's both act on the gaba receptor system, so they are very similar, so that feeling shouldn't come as a surprise. A couple things, be extremely careful when mixing opiates (morphine) and benzo's (xanax)! They both are CNS deppresants, and have caused even the most seasoned drug users to OD! Also, snorting benzo's isn't really effective, as they are nearly insoluble in water, just swallow them, as the bioavailibility is around 80-90%. The white ones are .25mg btw.

To answer your question, xanax is a fairly short acting benzo, and has a duration of action that can last up to 8 hours, but usually falls in the range of 2-6 hours.

If you take any advice from this post, I would strongly suggest you adhere to the "not mixing opiates and benzo's" advice! This action can be fatal, and should not be taken lightly, just do a quick online search of pharmaceutical overdoses, and you'll find that this combination is usually the culprit!

Stay safe bud, Hopeless 7ous

You beat me to it again :D
I really like all of your posts, harm reduction at its best! Keep the good work up!

You beat me to it again :D
I really like all of your posts, harm reduction at its best! Keep the good work up!
Thanks man, the feeling is mutual, your posts are on point all the time! I know I sound like a broken record, when stressing the dangers of mixing opiates a benzos, but if you ask me, that point can't be stressed enough, and this forum's core value is harm reduction. If I annoy 1,000 people by saying it, but save just 1 person, then it's worth it! I don't want to see anymore threads started in the shrine forum!

- Hopeless 7nos

Thanks man, the feeling is mutual, your posts are on point all the time! I know I sound like a broken record, when stressing the dangers of mixing opiates a benzos, but if you ask me, that point can't be stressed enough, and this forum's core value is harm reduction. If I annoy 1,000 people by saying it, but save just 1 person, then it's worth it! I don't want to see anymore threads started in the shrine forum!

- Hopeless 7nos

Agreed

They will wear of soon, just give them time. You need to try to be more responsible in the future though if you wish to stick around and continue your recreational use of drugs. If you had done a little research beforehand (Im not scolding you here) you would've learned that your chosen dose of ~4.5mg was excessive, especially so considering you decided to combine it with Morphine.

As others have said correctly, this combination can be imminently dangerous for a couple of reasons. One being that you can die from an overdose, the second being that you end up acting like a complete and utter jackass to the point of being a danger to yourself and those around you. It all seems like fun and games until you black out and decide to drive a car or fight a police officer. It would be pretty shitty to wake up from a blackout in a jail cell, in a suicide-smock, charged with multiple felonies.

- Hopeless 7nos
And qft!
I guess benzos+opioids is like the number one killer, just take a look The Shrine

Anyway, I'm going to close this thread as I think OPs question has been answered.
OP, if you want me to re-open the thread or have a question PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.