• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question about using Methadone in a nasal spray bottle intranasally.

nayroxy

Greenlighter
I have a friend who takes the gel out of fentanyl patches, mixes it with water, puts it in a spray bottle like those Flonase spray botles and just sprays a couple sprays, and is good for a few hours.
I was wondering if I could essentially do the same thing as him, but do it with methadone. I wouldn't ask if I had the pills or those big orange wafers, i'm asking because I have the liquid methadone.
Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks my friends,
nayRoxy
=D

Shouldn't be a problem as long you measure your dosage per spray correctly.

However, having looked it up it seems that snorting methadone is extremely painful.

Do you think it would hit me quicker if i did this? Usually methadone takes a long time to peak.
Also I have 2 60mg doses, how much water should i use to dilute it? Lastly, should I just use 60mg at a time or more?

Do you think it would hit me quicker if i did this? Usually methadone takes a long time to peak.
Also I have 2 60mg doses, how much water should i use to dilute it? Lastly, should I just use 60mg at a time or more?

It should definitely hit you quicker. It doesn't need to go through first pass metabolism or anything, so it will work fine intranasally.

What is your tolerance like? What dose of methadone would you take to feel good? I would use that info to determine the best solution to make.

Ok so I usually take 60mgs to get that effect, but wont I need less because the onset is much quicker?
Btw thanks for the good answers this is one of my first ever post and i was worried no one was going to respond!

Of course, always glad to help.

So how many mls is each 60mg dose right now? You said it was already in liquid form? And needing less will really depends on exact bioavailability of the two ROAs, which I don't know off hand.

30mg per ml? that is awesome! however, thats a lot of spray to be putting in your nose. Fentanyl is active at a much lower dose, so you would need a lot less of the sprays.

Yea, like manboychef said, putting that many mls of liquid up your nose would be very hard.

So its essiently useless then right? My experiment has been slightly disappointing. I definitely get a stronger buzz from it but it takes several sprays to get me going. I think ill just stick to drinking it as it last wayyyyy longer and is much stronger since i take it all at once when i drink it
-nayRoxy