• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Question about Subutex and Methadone

R's trouble

Greenlighter
Swim was in full withdrawal yesterday from oxymorphone and then they got their hands on five 10mg methadone which they have eaten over the past 24 hours to relieve symptoms. Swim got a 8mg subutex from a friend and was wondering when it will be okay to take it? They wanted to take it in like 2 hours before work so that they do not feel like shit all day. Swim was prescribed to Suboxone before and never had problems with p.w. but then again has never taken methadone before a few weeks ago. They just want to know if they have only been taking such a low amount of methadone over the past day if taking a piece of the subutex will send them into p.w. They know that Suboxone has naloxone in it but Subutex does not, but has read some posts on the internet saying although it doesn't have naloxone it can still send you into p.w. Is swim crazy to even consider taking some of this subutex after 8 hours since their last 10mg methadone? Please help, they need to know before they leave for work in a couple hours.

WI'm going through the same thing. I took 20 mg of methadone for the first time bc that's all I had amongst a bad batch of 30 mg oxycodone. I've been taking some sort of oxy, hydro, and so as for a month straight. I took the methadone around 1:30 pm. I felt all wd symptoms most of the day. I took a shower, got in the car and headed to a na meeting. Left the meeting at 9pm, at this point I was feeling horrible leg cramps, upset stomach, chills, shakes, and sniffles. I was going to drive 45 mins at 12 am, to pick up dilaudids but instead I drove home. I needed relief so I broke off a tiny piece, less than 1mg , and started there. I waited 15 mins, no pw so I took another mg. still felt shitty so I took 4 mg an hour later. It is now 4:57 am, I'm in bed, can't sleep but am dead tired. Legs aren't cramping, still a little chilly and sweaty, but suboxone has that effect on me. I feel way better than I did 5. Hours ago.

I would start tart off with a very small piece of subutex. Have you ever experienced pw? If so, you're body may be more susceptible to re experiencing that. I've never had a bad reaction to bupe thank God I've been lucky to take it within the same day but I wait to start full wd.

Be careful! I'm glad you posted cuz we are on the same boat. Keep me posted. I have to magically get to work in a few hours and I haven't had a wink of sleep. TGIF! I hope to sleep tomorrow, we'll later tonight. I have plenty of suboxone but less is better. I'm nervous bc I don't want to buy more pills later today. I hope I stay strong and get through my cravings. I ruined 26 months of sobriety, the plan was to use for a weekend. That led to a month of the viscous cycle, missed my best friends wedding as a bridesmaid, family saw me loaded again, work is on me like a hawk bc of my behaviors, mood swings that are beyond painful, and just loss of feelings. So not worth the damn high, that never is enough.