• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Question about suboxone injection?

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
All I can get my hands on right now is my old prescription for buprenorphine/naloxone 8mg sublingual films (strips). I plan on taking 16mg sublingually, but my question is, would I be able to IV a tiny corner of the strip-maybe an 8th of the strip or so- to add to the buzz, or would there still be enough naloxone to cancel it out?
I have injected entire 8mg suboxone films in one shot in the past, not knowing how pointless it was. The thing is though, I actually felt something from doing that. Placebo maybe?

16mg is way way to high for someone with no tolerance to opiates, don't inject bupe its crazy dangerous.

16mg is way way to high for someone with no tolerance to opiates, don't inject bupe its crazy dangerous.

Alright, I'll take 8mg then. I know how damaging it is, I just want to know if IVing a tiny fraction of a strip has enough naloxone to cancel out the buzz

Even 8mg is very, very high for IV bupe. The one and only time I've IV'd bupe it was a very small piece of a sub strip. NEVER again - I think I gave myself precipitated withdrawals AND cotton fever at the same time. I do nottt suggest IV bupe, not once.

I used to IV bup, but it destroys your veins and there is really no advantage. You can find plenty of horror stories of abscesses and amputated limbs, etc. I would IV about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mg and it does give you a nice warm feeling but it's mild and not worth it. I just liked the needle.

Injection of Buprenorphine films, for whatever the reason may be, carries with it an exponentially higher chance of causing injection complication. I know first-hand, two people who had never experienced complication of any kind develop severe complications after injecting the films and I've heard from countless others here on BL who have experienced similar issues. It's just not worth it. I wish I had some more scientific data to back up my advice, but right now, I don't.

Please just don't do it. It's not a good idea and a lot of people have really hurt themselves over an experience that,IMO is really just not that great.