Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

question about some DODGEY meth

secret squirrel

Bluelighter
I got some meth to try on the weekend, it was double the usual cost and ppl seemed happy with the value so I thought it worth a go. When we tried it, it was a very rushy feeling that was typical of really good meth but also there was an EXTREMELY SCATTERED feeling that was very unlike anything I'd felt before (especialy on meth) it was even harder to focus and concentrate than when coming down. right from the come up. Also after a few hours i started to experince a really weird sensation in my chest that would last about one or two seconds. it wasn't painfull in any way the only way i could describe it is that it felt like that feeling you get in your chest if something really scares you

The experience has me and my partner wondering whether its dodgey meth or possibly been cut wit something else to make it feel stronger to the user. Opinions anyone?

First question..... how much of this meth did you have?

Second... can you give a brief description of what it looked like? (Not necessarily useful info but could be..)

stace.

I would consider dodgy meth or meth cut with something to be both the same thing. It sounds like there was impurities in the meth one way or the other. That or your dose may have been quite high of an unknown batch that could have been purer than what your used to. Therefore unknowingly taking a much higher dose than usual while still taking what you perceive to be the same amount you usually take could cause effects such as that.

But from one persons retelling of the experience it will be hard to really get a more specific idea of what actually could have been in the mix.

Comentary on CAT

Methcathinone was used as an antidepressant in the former soviet union. This almost makes good sense, as even in abuse doses the 'hangover' is nowhere near as severe as with the amphetamines. Indeed, bupropion, a close chemical relative, is used as an antidepressant in todays United States.

Methcathinone was considered by one company for marketing in the United States as an antidepressant in the 1950's, but was shelved due to "severe side effects". If you've ever taken Imipramine or another TCA, or know of the pharmacology of the MAOI antidepressants, you really wonder about the truth of this statement. The "severe side effect" that shelved the project was no doubt addiction and abuse, not an actual physiological side effect...

If I had to characterize the drug, I would say it induces mania more so than methamphetamine, but psychosis much less. The initial dose produced some paranoia, but subsequent doses did not make this worse (?) and in fact seemed to lessen it. This is definitly a drug for goofing off, unlike methamphetamine which makes one 'serious'.

Methamphetamine may dramatically help certain peoples academic and or business careers, but it doesnt appear likely that methcathinone would do this, as it increases distractability rather than decreases it.

"The drug didn't catch on in Ann Arbor. 'it would be hard to go to classes on cat,' Boyer theorized"

-L.A. Times article on methcathinone abuse crackdowns

from http://rhodium.ws/chemistry/methcatfaq.22.html

stacyrox..
1 - fuckall, half a point then another half an hour later i was expecting it to have legs

2 - it was clear with white tinge and moist but not wet. (like i'd would expect good meth to look)

If it wasn't for the funny chest sensations (from such a small amount) I wouldn't have bothered to wonder, I guess I'll never know.

well i dont know much about amphetamines and their derivatives but do you think it might have been amphetamine rather than meth?

rushy feelings + scatteredness seems to correlate to the effects of amphetamine? but what im not sure of is if you can get amphet. in rock form, ive only ever seen it once and it was beige paste.

much more fun to party on than meth though, it must be said!!!!

Also after a few hours i started to experince a really weird sensation in my chest that would last about one or two seconds. it wasn't painfull in any way the only way i could describe it is that it felt like that feeling you get in your chest if something really scares you

Sounds like a classic big dose of meth to me, but as indicated, it could also be amphetamine or a close derivative. Even if you are a regular user of meth, a stronger dose than what you're used to can really kick. Besides the duration, the main difference I found with meth and amphetamine is that the erratic and scattered feelings are more prevalent with meth than amphetamine at lower doses. Depending upon the form you buy your gear in; rock, paste or powder, it's quite easy to receive something much more concentrated, but similar in appearance to that normally available.

Being double the cost should have given you a clue ;)

did you smoke it? did it leave anything in the pipe?

i had .4 the other night and left soo much black dry shit in the bottem. fucking dodgy gear. won't go back there again