• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Question about snorting something.

ElevatedSoul

Bluelighter
If powder gets into your lungs will you cough? To simplify it, if you snort something and it gets in your lungs, will you know?

Just curious.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Your body reacts differently depending on the amount and where the powder hits but obviously if powder is hitting your throat or lungs you are sniffing to hard as you want the powder to coat the membranes in your sinuses.

LOVE,
DEADPOOL :x

If you were to get it in your lungs, would it be bad? Or would your body do whatever it needs to do to fix that issue. I just dont want to accidentally get half a pills worth of powder in my lungs then kneel over and die. lol

Depends. I usually don't cough, some people do. Also depends on the drug, but typically I'd say no.

IMO, you have to snort pretty damn hard to get a line of something into your lungs. There is actually a technique one can use to be sure that doesn't happen. Before you snort, use the back of your tongue to push up. It feels kind of weird but it shuts off your windpipe so there's no access to your lungs. If this is too difficult, just be sure to sort of huff the load up there and don't power snort it. The goodies shouldn't go any further than your nasal membranes if it's done right. Good Luck!

As the posters above have said, you shouldn't be snorting hard enough that it gets in your lungs. The goal is the coat the nasal membranes, any powder that ends up in the back of your throat or worse, lungs, is probably a waste (assuming the BA is higher intranasally than orally). Plus it's generally a good idea to avoid getting shit in your lungs, regardless of what it is. But yeah, snort slow, it requires a lot less effort than people think.

As the posters above have said, you shouldn't be snorting hard enough that it gets in your lungs. The goal is the coat the nasal membranes, any powder that ends up in the back of your throat or worse, lungs, is probably a waste (assuming the BA is higher intranasally than orally). Plus it's generally a good idea to avoid getting shit in your lungs, regardless of what it is. But yeah, snort slow, it requires a lot less effort than people think.
Im pretty sure I dont get it in my lungs, but right after snorting some oxycodone, some of the time I can gather some spit from inside my throat and it'll taste like pills. I could only assume if its making it that far down my throat its also getting into my lungs. I know 100% I got it in my lungs one time because I was coughing and my chest hurt a little, but it hasnt happened more than once. I just want to know if i'll be able to tell if its getting in my lungs. The only time I know for sure it got in my lungs, like I said, I coughed a bit. I dont know if that'd happen everytime. I could only assume that it'd be pretty impossible to get powder in your lungs without realizing it, but thats just an assumption like I said.

Just because you coughed doesnt mean it gotnto your lungs, your cough relex and gag reflex gets irritated in your throat. You will almost always get some drip and some powder in your throat that you can taste but if you are constantly coughing and choking on powder you need to learn to snort much lighter as it seems to me like you are just breathing in way too hard. You may as well eat your drugs because at this point it seems like you are getting half your dose into your throat and then stomach the way you are talking about it lol. Seriously though, normally if you cough its from powder irritation in your throat not your lungs but normally you wont feel a difference if youre busy coughing. You wont fall over and die on the spot but unless you learn to snort lighter and keep it in your nose you will continue to not get the desired effects from snorting and OVER TIME if you are actually snorting hard enough to get powder into your lungs then all of those chemicals can cause long term health problems. So learn how to do it right or change your ROA to oral or plugging depending oncyour substance for better results.

LOVE,
DEADPOOL :x

It's never good to have some foreign substance in your lungs, especially if you have a history of asthma, but even if you don't.