• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Question about redosing Methamphetamine.

Cosmic Vapor

Greenlighter
The irony of this post that I have one of the most basic questions out there, while having read loads about Meth. And except for vague hints and information can't get a definite answer in regards to redosing. Possibly because it's not much of a deal, but as I've never used Meth before I can't tell. And I really want to know before I find out myself for my own harm reduction.

Anyhow, my mind is made up into trying Meth, and my ROA will be snorting and/or oral.
It's for the first time, and I know theres some room for error in terms of overdosing.

I could get my hands on 0.5g for 2 persons.
So thats 2-5 doses each (split between me and SWIM) as we're both first timers.

What information I can't seem to find is when CAN you safely redose, and when do you WANT to redose?
I know the high will last anywhere from 8-15 hours. So I bet I would WANT to redose anywhere after 8 through 15 hours after the first dose?

Or does the urge to redose come before that time period. By any means, what's the safest timespan after the first dose to take another one?

And do you redose with the same amount you administered at the start, or less?
Are there urges to redose after just several hours? And if Yes, does that mean one could take small bumps or can you actually take a decent amount to chase your peak.

What I read about meth is that unless you smoke it you don't want to redose to often. But I don't know that for a fact.
I'm a little bit nervous that Meth could work just like coke that it would urge you to take more, while that may be the case because you have to redose cocaine every 30+ minutes in the first place.
I don't know if Meth also gives these urges in between hour 0 through 8. And whether I and every Meth user is supposed to ignore the urge until a specific timespan has passed.

Snorting is my way of doing it, let me tell you it BURNS but you eventually learn to love it haha. So if you do a line if its decent quality you should be set for at least 4 hours maybe more. I've never liked doing it orally but that's just my opinion. It's definitely not like coke tho just have fun and be safe.

Back when I was into it, I'd re-dose whenever I started to feel tired again :) With the intranasal ROA, that was usually 3-4 hours after a line.

It's a pretty forgiving drug in that the risk of some kind of acute reaction/OD is not real high, even for people who abuse the shit out of it (as so many do). It's tricky to dose the oral ROA, though...it's easy to overshoot it & end up staying awake for days. If you're that concerned about re-dosing then just don't re-dose...parachute a moderate to large amount of meth and just ride it out. You'll be high for a while, trust me...

So lets say I'm 3-5 hours in and I'm feeling the effects wearing off, do I administer the same dosage? Or is tolerance buildup that quikly after one hit that I would need even more?

Snorting will indeed be my first ROA when I get my hands on it. I'm pretty much in a experimental drug phase lately and done a whole list of things. Never got addicted to anything except weed. But that's only because I think weed is very safe in the first place.

I don't think very lightly about Methamphetamine and I want to keep it to the safest ROA's available. I'll try to bomb a 2nd or available third hit just to see what works best for me. Because while most people favor snorting some people do suggest bombing over snorting.

I'll see what works best for me.

Well I can't recommend snorting in good faith because I...severely damaged my nasal passages snorting lots o' methamphetamine. Had to seek medical attention for a pretty bad sinus infection.

Can't recommend smoking in good faith because I hate smoking it. Can't recommend shooting in good faith because that's kind of fucked up and only certain people are into that anyway. So the only thing left for me to recommend is bombing it. Snorting it is good though...it combines longevity and recreation well IMO. And hell, you won't screw yourself over with just a session or two of being snortin' Norton :)

Is there a reason why you want to redose? My former roomate would reuse every few hours because a) he would meet random dudes online and have sex (party & play) for hours at a time and could orgasm many times in one night and b) he developed a tolerence so quickly by redosing he had to use huge amounts to keep his high going. If you're a first time user, you don't need to think about this yet. You might even hate the feeling and not want to use again. But let me tell you from my expereince, redosing will make your crash even worse, and lead to crazy insomnia, even after the 'high' has worn off.

Certainly when I would go on a bender I would end up having a shot every hour, but at the beginning of said bender I would redose every say 3-4hrs once I got past the first 200-300mg 8hr dose which is the first.

So 2-300mg shot, do another 2-300mg at 8hrs then the dosage rises and the time in between doses shrank and I would be awake for days of course. Errgh, horrible.

If it was your first time with high grade gear I'd recommend 30-50mgs up ya nose and go from there. You could redose till the cows come home if you wanted, but you'll know whether you want more and how soon, as another member posted you may not like it, I think you'll like the high, what happens after that is any ones guess I suppose.

Back then I would have, without being too evil, encourage you to allow me to administer 50-100mgs IV for free. I would always offer guests a free shot any size they like but it had to be IV (if they weren't experienced drug takers I would never make such offers). In hindsight I facilitated the beginnings of some nasty habits, but I was an insane cook/dealer extremist who thought everyone was like me or that they should be, a parents worst nightmare frankly. Take care OP, have fun!

Last edited:
I think you should take it orally. Start off with 30mg-40mg and if you're not satisfied after 45 minutes or an hour, take up to another 40. If the purity is on point this will get you where you want to go.

If you end up wanting to redose, yeah, I would say it'd be somewhere after the 8 hour mark, but chances are a while past that. You can take a similar dose to the total of what you took the first time.

Not knowing how re-dosing will prolong the effects of meth is the reason I'm still up after having my last hit three nights ago. It was my first time in years and altogether I've probably taken 5 or 6 hits of meth in my life. My DOC is Oxycodone and I'll come back to that later.

While playing cards at my buddy's house, unbeknownst to me he had 1.5g of meth on him and offered to smoke me up with him and his girlfriend. I knew I was staying there for the night; it was only three of us - myself, him, and his girlfriend - and based on memories from previous experiences I thought I'd give it another go. I had no idea the time commitment I was getting myself into as a result of having to clue about the affect re-dosing can have.

For starters, this was two nights ago and I still haven't slept even though we smoked the 1.5g the first night. My buddy's been a regular user for twenty years and said it was pretty good stuff. The rush was amazing, and although I threw up after my second or third hit, my trip to the bathroom and back was but a minor bump in the road during my detour with this drug. The stuff was powerful, yet subdued.

The first night literally cruised by in what seemed like minutes. We sat quietly for extended periods of time playing cards into the next day while my buddy prepped and passed the pipe around sporadically. He had to light it for us as well. The following day, with the exception of me going to the gas station to get another tin, we pretty much stayed at that table playing cards. By the following evening, I wasn't tired by any means but just thought enough was enough and I should take my tweaking ass home.

Again, that was two nights ago. It's 3:00 in the morning now on the third night and I'm still not tired. Has anyone ever heard of someone being up for three nights after the amount I did? I'm not tweaking anymore (aside from typing long rants in the middle of the night) and I actually feel extremely relaxed. My face looks all fucked up, so I can see the effects even if my brain is too fried to feel it. I took some Oxycodones the first night I came back in hopes to offset what I thought would be an exhausting experience waiting to come down. But no crash and nothing substantial from the Oxycodones. I took a light dosage trying to curb the crashing, but that was before reading somewhere on here about meth overpowering a lot of other drugs. Ironically, I'm not bothered or feeling any anxiety or depression as of yet, it just defies logic (to me anyway) to still be up. I'm gonna try turning off my computer and tv once I'm done typing.

If anyone has insight, I'm wondering if the Oxy is currently preventing me from crashing? Obviously the meth is what's keeping me up, so aside from amount and quality, was re-dosing .5 in one night too much for someone as inexperienced as me? What are some course corrections you'd suggest in the future? I didn't eat anything the first day, but I had a few things throughout the day today and have been drinking water the whole time.

(My buddy of course slept through the first and second night.)

Last edited: