• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question about Oxycodone tolerance

bluesteyes

Bluelighter
Today is April 4. On March 26 I took a 37.5MG dose of Oxycodone. I took a 11.25MG dose of Oxycodone on March 31. I haven't had any Oxycodone since.

On Friday, April 8, I am going to be getting my hands on some 10MG Oxycodone tablets. I would like to have a larger dose that night. It will have been 12 days since my last 37.5MG Oxycodone dose. How much will my tolerance level have reduced in those 12 days?? Prior to March 26, I might've taken 37.5MG per day two or three times a week. The rest of the days I would take 7.5MG per day, 11.25MG per day or nothing at all.

I just don't want to overdue it since I haven't been without a 37.5MG or 40MG Oxy dose for this amount of time in quite awhile. At 37.5MG I was never nauseous and was even reasonably functional. I have decent tolerance as I've been on this med for three months, but I am just not sure. Thought I'd get some input. I just want to get a little euphoria that night to go along with pain relief for my neck. Thanks for your input and assistance.

Last edited:
It depends on the person but for most people, 12 days does nothing to decrease your tolerance. It took me months to get my tolerance back down. This is also depends on the person but 30-40mg isnt that high, not sure about your weight and prior experience though, I would say take it slow to be safe. What ROA are you using?

If u go 12 days without use it should be close to zero but start low and reside as needed to be safe don't over do it

Tolerance

I'm at the point now where I need 180mg+ of Oxy to really feel anything. And I don't use it that often, but still seem to have a massive tolerance. I reckon I could take a 6 month break from all opiates, and still be stuck with this damn tolerance. I'm the same with benzo's. I can eat a box (28) of 10mg blues and just feel a bit drowsy. Maybe time to give up drugs eh :-/.

Last edited:
It depends on the person but for most people, 12 days does nothing to decrease your tolerance. It took me months to get my tolerance back down. This is also depends on the person but 30-40mg isnt that high, not sure about your weight and prior experience though, I would say take it slow to be safe. What ROA are you using?

I just take the tablets with water. I am 5-5, 160. Back in the days when 18.75MG would be enough to bring euphoria, I took a 6 day break from taking any Oxycodone. I then took another 18.75MG dose, and it was as if I had never stopped taking the drug.

I should say that I usually take 2 to 3 1MG Ativan tablets with my Oxy (I take Ativan on a daily basis.). Not so much to increase the effect, but to provide some muscle relaxation. I never go beyond this because it's a huge risk. I find with my pain condition that I need a painkiller and a muscle relaxer to get deep relief.

I will confess....I have also thrown in a Benadryl at times to potentiate. No more than one though, because I don't want to fall asleep.

My best guess is that despite the 12 day lay off, I could probably go back to using 40MG without skipping a beat. No more. I'll probably stay away from the Benadryl. I only do this "deluxe" treatment two times per week as my doc has me on a tight leash with these meds. I want to have enough for daily pain treatment, but sometimes, I confess....I just need to escape from it a bit, so I take a little more. I have been really good about not exceeding this limit, because I am terrified of running out of pills and betraying the trust of my doctor.

I recently broke 3 ribs , my color bone and 3 teeth in a skiing accident and received Valium and 10mg percocet , So What i am getting at is with the attivan added you should get some really nice pain relief as well as some euphoria, But yes this not exactly a safe mix.. But it for sure worked for me. I would say in my junkie opinion that increasing your dose ever hour until you reach your desired height should be fine.

Everyone's body is different , Orally administration has a slow onset so be very careful I came close to OD'ing a few days ago via lack of tolerance and the fact my ROA was oral i didnt think it would hit that slow and that hard. so IMO let it sit , When you really feel ready for another dose go for it but take it slow, if you really want relief and not a rush this is the ideal way.

EDIT: Just be sure ya don't wake up dead ;)

See for me, if I take a dose of Oxycodone - say, 30MG - and I add another 10MG to it one hour later, I don't get any additional euphoria. I might feel a little more pain relief, but no more euphoria. The intense euphoria with Oxy for me is short lasting: around 30 minutes. And then it just tails off. I still feel good, but it tails off. Adding anymore Percs is just a waste of medication. I know other users on this message board have mentioned that the same thing happens to them. I have to pick my Oxy dosage amount, and just ride it out for six hours or whatever.

I have already tried the Grapefruit Juice/Tonic Water/Tagamet potentiation thing awhile ago. Does nothing for me. All it did was aggravate my stomach, which doesn't like sugar at the moment.