• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question about Morphine and Hydro

NoneforBrian321

Greenlighter
Hello there! I'm new to the forum although I've been a lurker for quite sometime now.
I know this has probably been covered in other threads but I'm looking for some info based on my current situation. Again, I am new here so I apologize in advance and please correct me if I do something out of line.
From what I understand we can't SWIM here correct?

In that case, I am very familiar with hydrocodone. I've been taking it almost daily for the past 2 years. Although I've been taking it so long, i never have to take more than 7.5-15 mg to get a buzz .. sometimes that's even too much depending on the brand and I get noddy and occasionally nauseous. I don't know why my tolerance stays the same and I never get withdrawal symptoms when I don't take them.
So anyway. I'm coming down with a really bad cold and what better way to deal than with some norcos. My friend gives me these strange ones I've never seen before which I took two and nothing. Maybe I'm just that sick.
I went by my grandmas and she gave me three of her 15 mg instant release morphine. At this point I feel like I got punched all over and I want to take a quarter of a pill(po) to start. I know morphine does not work as well orally as hydro and I'm ok with that. They were free and I'm not looking to get crazy messed up, just some pain relief and a manageable buzz. Also my fiance is at work until 5 so no one to babysit me lol.
The ONLY stronger thing I've had was fetanyl while I was in the hospital last month. It made my head spin on the first dose (iv) but I'll admit it was fun so I accepted it every hour. If morphine is any weaker than this I can manage I think.

Is there a question?

Sorry, this cold is really kicking my ass. I also have a tendency to get really off topic a lot.

Considering my history, would it be ok to take a quarter or half a morphine. Will it make me feel any different than taking 10-15 mg of hydrocodone?
I'm just looking for some pain relief and a nice buzz. Hydro does not usually make me so messed up I can't function. Most of the time I get energetic and productive and happy warm fuzzies. If morphine is going to be very sedating I'd rather just go get some hydros as I'm already not feeling the best and I wanted to do some housework.

I guess we'll soon know because I took a quarter.

We really need to know how many mgs the morphine is to answer that properly...

whoops sorry, you mentioned in your first post.

Morphine's oral bioavailability falls somewhere around 30%. So for reference, 1/4 of a 15mg morphine is 3.25mg and at 30%ba is going to be roughly 1mg. I really really REALLY doubt it will help you at all. However popping .5-1 whole one orally will probably do about as much for you as about 10mg hydro? maybe? but everyone responds differently. See if you feel anything and go from there.

We really need to know how many mgs the morphine is to answer that properly...

whoops sorry, you mentioned in your first post.

Morphine's oral bioavailability falls somewhere around 30%. So for reference, 1/4 of a 15mg morphine is 3.25mg and at 30%ba is going to be roughly 1mg. I really really REALLY doubt it will help you at all. However popping .5-1 whole one orally will probably do about as much for you as about 10mg hydro? maybe? but everyone responds differently. See if you feel anything and go from there.

Thanks for the response. That kind of helped give me a better understanding that I basically just drank a glass of water lol. I just get overly paranoid so I try to do things as "safe" as possible. If I don't feel anything in ten minutes I'll start gradually increasing.