• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest Posting RulesBluelight Rules
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Question about MHRB yield

blossompao

Greenlighter
i have a question regarding % yield in general, i made my first succsessful extraction. i bought some mhrb [snip - no sourcing please] i did gordo tek and came up 2% yield i never saw that much, my question Whats the diferent from mexican and brazilian ? whats the maxium yield you guys obtain?

peace

blossom

Last edited by a moderator:

Xorkoth

Administrator: PD, TR, P&S
Staff member
Wow you're lucky to have found such potent bark. I generally manage about 1% yield after doing 5 pulls. No idea about the difference between Mexican and Brazilian.

I'm not familiar with that tek, I do a version of lazyman's tek, it's a straight to base. Some say you get a better yield doing an acid-base extraction, but someone posted something somewhere with a comparison (for MHRB) and found them to be pretty much the same. MHRB allows you to do straight to base because there isn't much in the way of fats, some other sources don't work well with straight to base.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
I suggest doing a full A/B Xorkoth, it seems like more work but feels like less to me personally. Instead of fighting the plant matter during the basing stage when emulsions like to form, you’ve got a cleaner water/alkaloid solution to work with. No need to even defat the water solution really although you can.

I used to just put the jars away at room temp and extract over a number of days, this seems to improve quality and yields as well compared to a quick boil.

I very consistently have “heard” of 1.5-2% yields from Mimosa and Acacia. Usually 1.5, but the highest was 2.25% off Mimosa once.

The product also comes out much cleaner if all steps are properly adhered to, often either clear hexagonal or long spindly crystals that turns to pure white snow.

-GC

G_Chem

Bluelighter
5 pull? i did 20g in 2pulls wow so i guess it might be a awesome mhrb or gordo tek is the right one
It’s the bark. There’s some insane stuff out there and they may be selecting high DMT plants to breed only getting the content higher over the years.

-GC

Xorkoth

Administrator: PD, TR, P&S
Staff member
I suggest doing a full A/B Xorkoth, it seems like more work but feels like less to me personally. Instead of fighting the plant matter during the basing stage when emulsions like to form, you’ve got a cleaner water/alkaloid solution to work with. No need to even defat the water solution really although you can.

I used to just put the jars away at room temp and extract over a number of days, this seems to improve quality and yields as well compared to a quick boil.

I very consistently have “heard” of 1.5-2% yields from Mimosa and Acacia. Usually 1.5, but the highest was 2.25% off Mimosa once.

The product also comes out much cleaner if all steps are properly adhered to, often either clear hexagonal or long spindly crystals that turns to pure white snow.

-GC
I have very little issue with emulsions, I reuse my naphtha which seems to help (I add new naphtha sometimes too so it's not all used), and I put in sea salt too which helps against emulsions, since then I can shake it pretty vigorously and not form an emulsion if I also keep it quite warm/hot. It seems like each pull has more of a tendency to emulsify but even so it's not an issue. I can extract 150g of bark in a wine jug in part of a day and get about a 1% yield. If I evaporate, the yield weight is higher but it's more oily so I freeze precip. It's usually slightly yellow and kinda powdery but I don't really make an effort to form nice crystal shards as I'm not trying to impress anyone.