• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about methadone clinics

JustMeNKU

Greenlighter
I currently get a prescription for Xanax and have been abusing herion/fentanyl for over a year now. It’s time I get clean. I don’t want to lose my Xanax, and I’m willing to not take them while I’m in a methadone program until I taper down and get clean. My question is, will the methadone clinic be able to see that I get prescribed Xanax? I was planning on not telling them. I’m not going to do anything stupid and mix the two, I’m just curious if they are able to see that I’m being prescribed a narcotic. Do they use a prescription monitoring database like doctors do? Also, do methadone clinics report to prescription monitoring databases?

Yea like schizo said, they will test you for it before giving you any Methadone. You can be your front and try to get them to honor it, but it will be totally at tge whim of the doctor at the clinic.

Basically, they are going to try to analyze how serious your need for it truly is. The most likely scenario based upon what I've seen, is that they will probably reduce the benzo dose right away, say by half, and potentially taper you off as a plan of action

And yes, my understanding at this time is that practically all states have a prescription monitoring database. Any provider in Mass can look up any and all prescriptions to their patients, not just controlled substances.

In short, you can't fool the clinic easily. I'm not saying you are, but don't try to fake a UA. That is the cardinal sin of "clinic life". They will immediately blacklist you.

The clinic will definitely UA you and find the Xanax. Some clinics in my area will not allow you to be on any type of benzodiazepine if you are going to become a patient. Other clinics like mine will allow you to have a benzo script but, cap the amount of Methadone they will allow you to be on. In my case it’s 100mgs. I also have bring in my prescription bottle every month. I take 1mg of klonopin with my dose, along with 600 mg of gabapentin, and 10mg of atarax to help out only being allowed to be on 100mg of methadone.

Thanks for your replies everyone. That’s what I was afraid of. I don’t want to waste their time or mine. I’ve had anxiety a lot longer than I’ve been addicted to this stuff so I think I’m just going to try to taper off with my Xanax and maybe get some gabalentin. I’m off work the next week so that’s a plus.

thanks again!