• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question about Fentanyl Transdermal System 75mcg/hr Patch....

Jiesel85

Greenlighter
So I don't mean to cover something that's already been covered, but this is a pretty specific question, so I figured I would ask.

I was given 5 of these patches for nearly free of charge so I figured I would see what they were all about. These are the Mallinckrodt's btw. I've read all of the warnings and dangers associated with these patches, which had me tread lightly from the start. Well the first one I opened up, I cut the patch in to 8 equal strips. I then put one in between my gums and cheeks, nothing. Then chewed one up, nothing. Then even put one on foil, nothing. I mean, maybe a small buzz, but nothing I'd write home about. People seem to worry about OD'ing on these, so I was trying to be very cautious as you can always take more, but can never take back what you've already consumed. Am I doing something wrong? Now in all fairness, I do have a fairly high tolerance. I typically partake in a G of quality West Coast tar each day, unless I am substituting with my 8mg subutext. Most recently I opened up a new patch, cut in 3 equal strips, chewed one up and didn't even really feel anything. So at this point I had to ask, am I doing something wrong? Is the only way to utilize these by putting a patch on your skin as directed for 72 hours, or to do some kind of alcohol extract?

Any tips or thoughts on this would be much appreciated. I'm worried that I'll OD on these from taking to much, but thus far I don't even feel like I've gotten close to being high, let alone buzzed. I certainly don't want to waste any more of these, as I'm told they do hold some legitimate value to those who use them as directed.

I realize I am a new member, I did browse the rules and I hope I followed the necessary guidelines. Hopefully someone hear can help answer a few of my questions regarding this product, as this is something I know very little about. Probably best to stick to what I know with the other more "popular" opioids.

THANKS again, I really do appreciate the help of the more experienced members....

Jiesel85

The cheeking thing takes getting it on the right, dry, spot. It has to really stick on there. BUT as soon as I got a piece really stuck on there I was really shocked at how strong, how fast, it hit me. Trade them or wear them. You'll never be able to get the buzz you want with cheeking/gumming whatever, you will always be not fucked up enough or might take way too much, it's impossible to tell. Not worth the risk.

Yeah I had some close calls with cheeking fent. I myself would stick them right on the inside of my left cheek, right in the middle of it and BAM. Seems like with fent the nods hit before the euphoria. They're more sedating than anything.

Yea, It really seems like these patches are worthless. I haven't been able to get a decent buzz regardless of how I use them.

Off topic, I know the typical wait times going from H to Subutex, but is there any difference going from Fent Patches to Subutex?

Fent has practically zero euphoria and it's very sedating so it's not exactly the best recreational opiate. You have to get it on a dry spot and KEEP it there without moving it for about 30-60 min to feel it. Fent half life (buccal administration) is around 11-14 hours but you should still wait at least 24hrs before you dose the sub

Hello all. I have been using bluelight for roughly 5 years, here and there to prevent harm on my day to day quest to get high. I am a long term opiate addict. Mostly heroin but really whatever I can get my hands on.
I created on account here for a specific purpose just to ask this. I'm sorry if this is the wrong spot for it, as I don't really know what I'm doing yet.
Anyway, I got my hands on a 25 mcg/hr transdermal mallinckrodt fentanyl patch. I've been reading and reading and reading some more but I can't find specifics to this kind. I ripped it in half and put it sticky side to both sides of the inside of my cheeks. That must've been 45 mins ago and I can't tell if I'm starting to feel anything at all, or if it's just placebo. Although this morning I did wake up moderately dope sick and that does seem to have subsided.
I taste a very very tiny bit f bitterness, but most people report that if I'm doing it right, I'll know it and the taste will be uncanny. That doesn't seem to be the case with me. Again, I'm not sure if I even read anything about this specific kind of patch, cuz there seems to be many kinds, but I do know people were using non gels like mine, and putting it in their mouths.
I also read some people say that these are garbage taken correctly or whatever you do with them. Have I done it wrong? Is it a waste? Can I still take them out of my mouth and tape them to my skin or something if that's my only option? Or am I just supposed to keep them in my mouth for hours on end? I didn't rip the adhesive f2f or anything, just took it out the package, ripped in half and put the sticky sides touching the cheeks. One half is still pressed against the cheek and the other I ended up chewing and that's where the very very little taste I'm getting seems to be coming from. Any help on this matter would be EXTREMELY appreciated. Thanks guys.

ok i have the exact same patches your talking bout cept 100mcg. now it is important to note i have a tolerance (i think) i take 1/8th of a strip of the 100mcg and put in between my cheek and gum. i keep my jaw moving for a few minutes at a time for about 15 minutes then chew. dont expect a whole lot out of fentanyl its not that euphoric but its my only option right now.

they kick in for me at about the 40min mark. and last about 6 hours.

You don't do anything with the patch first like rip a membrane off or anything? You just take it out of its package and straight to your mouth?

You don't do anything with the patch first like rip a membrane off or anything? You just take it out of its package and straight to your mouth?

well i take the backing off or the plastic it sticks to as i would if i was applying it to skin. after that i put it between my cheek and gum and keep jaw moving for a good 5 minutes then repeat 3x then chew.