• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Question About Clobazam

TheBlackKitty

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I was prescribed Clobazam, 10 mg twice a day, because of my epilepsy. I am also on Lamotrigine, which is another anti-seizure drug.

I noticed that Clobazam is a benzodiazepine, and all benzodiazepines have the ability to lower anxiety (according to what I read).

On July 26, 2019, I tried 40 mg of Clobazam (stupid decision, I know since I should be mainly taking these for seizures but this is a recommended dose for "anxiety relief" and at the time my anxiety was extremely high - not even Clonazepam, which I had been taking once a week when I just couldn't handle the anxiety would work anymore), along with an Indica-based softgel called Argyle (I can't smoke the stuff due to breathing issues).

I tried the Argyle by itself a few times but it didn't do a lot for the anxiety, I even tried the Argyle softgels with Clonazepam (3 mg of the Clonazepam - my family doctor and I both agreed this was an appropriate dose to take since I don't drink and he is aware that "normal doses" of anti-anxiety drugs don't work for me becuase of the cyst that covers the amygdala). I also tried another Indica-based softgel called Penelope but the Penelope softgel gave me heart palpitations yet did ease my anxiety, even though the amount of CBD in it was lower than the amount of THC in it (the Penelope softgels have 2.50 mg THC and 1.75 mg CBD, while the Argyle softgels have 2.50 mg THC but 3.00 mg CBD - I find I have to at least take 10 mg THC and 7 mg CBD for the Penelope softgels to work, yet I have to take at least 12.5 mg THC but 15 mg CBD for the Argyle softgels to work). I have also tried CBD Oil but that doesn't seem to be doing anything for me - I don't want to be "high", I just want to be relaxed and for my mind to shut up and stop thinking about everything that is stressing me out/upsetting me. I tried Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy but it didn't seem to work - when I tried it with a psychologist they said they couldn't help me because I told them I have a brain injury - a cyst covers the entire right side of my brain, including the amygdala, which controls emotions such as fear - this is why I am taking things to try to get the anxiety under control. I can't take anti-depressants because they make me sick and make my seizures worse - when I take the anti-depressants, no matter what the anti-depressant is, I will have a seizure.

I am no longer seeing my family doctor because the head of the clinic called me; she said I was banned from the clinic after I sent her a written letter regarding another doctor who worked as a "substitute doctor" sometimes at the clinic - I saw the doctor twice, the first time, he was nice to me, the second time, he was extremely rude to me - he said things no doctor should ever say to a patient. When the head of the clinic contacted me, she said that the doctor I put the complaint in about would never say the things I stated that he said. I firmly pointed out that I would not say he said these things nor put in the complaint if he hadn't said what he said - I don't make false accusations. Instead of listening to me, the head of the clinic said I was banned from the clinic even though I wasn't rude (I asked someone about this after - it was someone who overheard my conversation on the phone; they agreed that I wasn't rude to the person I had spoken to). I managed to get a new family doctor; it was someone I had seen a few years ago because my family doctor was only working two days a week at the clinic I'm now banned from. Even though the doctor I will be seeing on Wednesday doesn't prescribe benzodiazepines, I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Clobazam - the one time I took that with the Argyle softgels I felt really relaxed, which has never happened before - I even felt like Matt Medic, a character from Rescue Heroes and Genie (the original Genie from the original Aladdin film) were with me even though I didn't hallucinate - I just felt like they were with me in my mind. I only told my then-boyfriend about it.

After the drugs wore off (aka when I woke up the next day) I no longer felt like Matt Medic or the Genie were with me.

If anyone has had any similar experiences with Clobazam and Argyle softgels/Cannabis mixed together, please let me know. This might have been a once-in-a-lifetime chance for this to happen. I'm thinking about trying this again in late-September (I'm going to talk to my neurologist about the fact that the Clobazam has helped with my anxiety; I'm not really taking it now; I'm finding the Lamotrigine is enough to stop the seizures rom happening) and will let my neurologist know what happened with the previous clinic I was in and about the doctor I am now seeing (there are no doctors taking new patients where I live at this time). I won't mention the feeling I had (feeling like Matt Medic and the Genie were there - and I hadn't watched either show recently either). I have several refills left for the Clobazam so I will be ok for a while; I am taking them as needed this time but, like I said, I want my tolerance to all benzodiazepines to be lowered by the time I take the Clobazam again, which will be on September 27, 2019.

Last edited: