PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question about CAS numbers.

Achten

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Quick question about CAS numbers, specifically

Cas 7795-52-0. This appears to be (2R)-1-(1H-INDOL-3-YL)PROPAN-2-AMINE.

Cas 299-26-3. This appears to be (3-(2-AMINOPROPYL)INDOLE).

My chemistry knowledge is not sufficient to deduct this.

Are these identical? Different isomers of the same compound? Totally unrelated?

Thanks for your help !

Thanks already!

Can i pick your brain some more?

Suppose i would ingest them both, would there be a difference in perceived effects?

Apart from every experience being different since it's a psychedelic. You know what I mean.

Thanks already!

Can i pick your brain some more?

Suppose i would ingest them both, would there be a difference in perceived effects?

Apart from every experience being different since it's a psychedelic. You know what I mean.
isomers of a different psychedelic compound will lead to extremely different effects this true for every form of drug. Some isomers are completely inactive. For example meth D isomer meth is super strong and is the stuff that get a person wired while the other isomer levo-meth can be used a nasal spray for decongestant.

This is true for all types of drugs.

Hi all,

Quick question about CAS numbers, specifically

Cas 7795-52-0. This appears to be (2R)-1-(1H-INDOL-3-YL)PROPAN-2-AMINE.

Cas 299-26-3. This appears to be (3-(2-AMINOPROPYL)INDOLE).

The first compound is the R-isomer of AMT, the second is the racemate, i.e. a 50:50 mix of AMT's isomers (R and S).

Not sure if this is a case where all the activity resides in one isomer, or - as TripSitterNZ suggested - the two isomers have different effects.

Taking MDMA as an example of another drug that exerts both psychedelic and stimulating/empathogenic effects, it seems like S-MDMA is the more potent stimulant, while R-MDMA is responsible for the psychedelic and much of the empathogenic effect.
Apparently, the true "magic" of MDMA only shines through with the racemate, i.e. a mix of R- and S-MDMA.

The same may very well hold true for AMT.

Ok thanks ! I'll report back when I got to sample this R-isomer.