• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Question about Benzos

slash1983

Greenlighter
So I have a script for clonezepam or however you spell it to help me with my occasional anxiety. I take lexapro as daily use and the clonzepam as "the sh*t has hit the fan and I need to chill the heck out."

I've always liked xanax and buy it off the street from time to time, but my question is about tolerance to clonezepam (klonopin.) I only use it once maybe twice a week. I'll take 2 or 3 .5 mg pills and it's usually enough to make me sloppy and give me a bit of a head high similar to xanax that I enjoy. My question is if I continue to take it once or twice a week at small doses for recreational (and for occasional thereputic relief) will I build up a tolerance? Will I eventually have to up my doses to keep getting that high? Or am I taking it infrequently enough that I won't build up much of a tolerance.

You will start to build a tolerance but nothing crazy. Using anything at any level will have some effect on tolerance but as long as you don't start taking them all the time your tolerance will stay on the low side.

You will start to build a tolerance but nothing crazy. Using anything at any level will have some effect on tolerance but as long as you don't start taking them all the time your tolerance will stay on the low side.

So I should be good to use them recreationally on weekends? yippie :)

So I should be good to use them recreationally on weekends? yippie :)
To a limit. I'm prescribed 1mg twice a day every day and probably only take it like once a week. The sloppy feeling goes away fairly fast and you'll probably end up stuck at the dose you started at to even feel anything but with tolerance breaks you'll feel it for sure. Still gets me to the point where driving isn't a good idea.