• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Question about a combination of drugs and ones half life

CartierDreamer

Greenlighter
Hey Bluelight,

Haven't come on here in a sec. I have a simple question and hoping for some advice

I have a history with benzos and have been avoiding scrips in general for a just over 9 months.

I have really stopped enjoying weed lately due to it somehow recently bringing on mild anxiety when I smoke.

(Yes I have tried smoking more indica heavier / lower THC percentage count strains.)

Twice in the last week I have combined the simple combination: 1 xanax and 1 blunt (about a gram)

And I love it. It's everything I need right now. It takes away the anxiety I was stating to experience along with some other things from weed

When I get blazed I love to just sit and sink into my mind and with the assistance of my anxiety being truly lifted I can sit comfortably in that headspace.

(I'm not a anxious person when sober either)

I enjoy the benefits of having fresh/clean benzo tolerance - So my question is how long after taking xanax does it take for you to have at least dramatically lowered your tolerance threshold.

Or how long after a week of using it a handful for of times would it take for me to come to that point of a "fresher" tolerance level.

Like could I do this 3 time a week?

I know with acid it's a 2 week wait for tolerance reset, just wondering what Alprazolam's is.

Thanks if you've got advice

Like could I do this 3 time a week

I personally wouldn't advise this. If weed is making you so anxious that you need to use a benzo, the best advice would be to stop smoking weed and figure that out. If you end up with a benzo addiction, you will yearn for the days when cannabis anxiety was all you had to contend with.

3 times a week and you will become tolerant within a few weeks and have to increase dose to get the same effect. I would say that once a week is probably the safest way to do this If stopping weed isn't something you wanna do.

If it was me, I would stop smoking for now and try to get a handle on whatever is making me anxious. Adding another drug is not a great idea.