• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Question ab filling suboxone and benzo at same pharmacy?

cman204

Greenlighter
I have 2 doctors. Neither know about the other. One prescribes me Suboxone, the other prescribes me xannax and klonopin. I've been on 8mg Beupenepherine and up to 16mg of xannax before and have been absolutely fine--no trouble breathing AT ALL, (and im asthmatic). I dont abuse my drugs anymore, i take them as perscribed.

My question is, If i fill both the prescriptions at wallgreens, because apparently wallgreens is the only carrier of rectangular shaped bars around here, will I be flagged/get cut off/in trouble with doc/police? All CVS has are the PIES, same with TARGET, WALMART, SAMs CLUB, everywhere besides Wallgreeens has the pies instead of the bars. Should I not get the perscription filled at wallgreens? Because in the state of texas apparently you cant be on suboxone and a benzo at the same time... is that true? Because i need the rectangular bar so i can score it out, like my doc said to, and i have called around and the only place that carriers the rectangular 4 scored "bars" is Wallgreens. What if im not using my insurance, and just paid in cash at walgreens, would i still get flagged? Because all my suboxone comes from a wallgreens.

Any advice or help on this situation would be appreciated. Thank you.

All states have a prescription monitoring program where prescribers and pharmacists can see all controlled substances filled regardless of the pharmacy.

Ask a different pharmacy to order in the brand that makes the bars? And it will be getting tougher as most pharmacies will be using the same database to track controlled substances.

Found a Wallmart today that gave me exactly what I wanted, the yellow 4 scored bars. Their database is entirely separate from cvs/wallgrenns etc. correct? I haven't been notified that I have been flagged or anything like that so I should be good, right? When I fill my suboxone at Walgreens I pay pure cash, no insurance, I'm using insurance for the benzo' s at this Walmart

There pharmacy computer system is different but the states have set up a program where any prescription for a controlled substance must be reported to a centralized database that all prescribers and pharmacists (as well as law enforcement and the state regulatory boards in TX) can access. Data must be submitted weekly from what I see of TX system.

I don[t believe that pharmacies of a different company can see eacchothers fills when its a C3 or C4 drug (your case). Only C2 drugs are visible to pharmacies of different companies.

This is my personal experience. I was very worried when I went and got suboxone thinking I couldn't fill my fentanyl....but I filled the fent like a week after getting the subox and had no issues.

I have been denied a benzo when prescribed oxy (by the same doctor). FUCK PHARMACISTS... bitches, count my pills and get back to operating the cash register. Its amazing how little they know about drugs if you talk to them yet they have all this power, more power than to doctors even.

There pharmacy computer system is different but the states have set up a program where any prescription for a controlled substance must be reported to a centralized database that all prescribers and pharmacists (as well as law enforcement and the state regulatory boards in TX) can access. Data must be submitted weekly from what I see of TX system.

LE has access to my medication list? thats a fucking violation of HIPPA, what fucking business does a cop have knowing my medications? thats horriible and a violation of civil rights. state regulatory boards? Now I can't get licensed for my career because they say so from seeing my meds. They better be scrutinizing anybody that is sick and on ANY fucking medication for licences as much as they do people on opiates. They better refuse to licence diabetics because they might need an insulin shot during work or pass out from high blood sugar and not do their job properly.

I'm telling you chronic pain patients on opiates are second class citizens...I don't know any other diseased patient that gets treated so shitty by the whole medical and LE system. Imagine if they treated diabetics this way...denying medication for no fucking reason etc. I have a dream to fight for pain ppatient advocacy and go against all this bullshit....a bunch of people abusing and ODing on pills has nothing to fucking do with a bunch of chronically sick pain patients.

Last edited:
By regulatory boards I meant boards of pharmacy, nursing, medical examiners etc. The Texas board of Accounting or whatever does not have access. And believe it or not, HIPAA does allow disclosure to LE under certain conditions (subpoena, escaped prisoner, child abuse and others). I dont know exactly how easy it is for a police investigator to get access but I looked up TX monitoring program and it said they can.