• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question 20mg oxycontin: to cut or not to cut?

Numnums

Greenlighter
Hey yinz all,

Would like your opinion re: cutting 20mg of oxycontin (OP) in half. First, pertinent info: I usually take oxycodone (7.5mg) once or twice a week for recreational & pain management purposes (rotator cuff injury--doesn't need more management than this); I have been doing this off and on for years (sometimes I go months without taking oxy) and have had no problems with addiction or w/d (knock on wood). I'm now in possession of 20mg oxycontin because I can't get the 5mg oxycodone anymore (how f'ed up is that??). I feel that 20 would get me too high. While I know that's not a bad thing for some, I do not like getting super high (I enjoy the "hey, I'm getting a lot of stuff done today AND I'm happy!" aspect of rec use).

I do realize that you're not supposed to cut oxyC in half; yes, I have UTFSE, searching for opinions and facts, and found people to be divided (no pun intended) regarding this issue. Some believe that cutting a 20 is okay because if you do get all the opioid in one half (due to the time release problem) you're not taking a big risk because it's "only" 20mg vs. 80mg. So what are your opinions? I am vacillating, but my current feeling is that if I do get 20mg all at once, c'est la vie, I'll just be superhigh this once and deal with it. Naturally, I don't want to do something totally risky and would like your feelings on this.

I apologize for being a puss* and look forward to your comments.

My magic number is 30mg and I can get a really nice euphoric high. Why not just enjoy this one 20mg and let yourself be a little higher than usual. Cutting it would be like a guessing game

Oxycontins should be fine if you just split them in half, especially if they're the new OP formula.

It's not like all of the opioid is going to be in one half of the pill and the other half will be blank, it should be evenly distributed.

You should be fine to cut them I did all the time with time released 20s back in the day. They are evenly distributed and the new gel caps (OP/ON) are the same way and definitely wouldn't release all the medication at once. And think about it cutting one in half will gibe you 10mgs even if it was released a little fast its not much higher than the 7.5 you usually take.

Are they the OP kind?

I have a very similar question for Oxycontin OP 20mg, so I guess I'll just ask it here.
I get a nice buzz off 10mg of Oxycodone, and only need around 25mg of Hydrocodone to feel pretty good.

Like the original question, I think an eventual 20mg is way too much for me, so I'm a little concerned about taking the whole thing.
I read in another post that Oxycontin is like half the dose but longer, which would be absolutely perfect for me if that's the case.
But then I read another post that says the dose keeps building as it's released, which sounds like too much because I'm surprised how little I need to get high, and 20mg sounds like way too much for me.

So I guess I'm wondering if it only keeps the dose at around 10mg the whole time, or is it slowly building up to eventually reach 20mg?
If it's the second one, maybe I'll just take 1/2 or 3/4 of it to see what happens. Thanks!

Last time I wasted good money on OPs, I dissolved a 40mg op in a pill bottle full of Coca-Cola. Shake every few hours. And let sit overnight.

The next day you have a sort of gooey mess of Coca-Cola, but it's practically IR, drank it down and it worked waaaayyy better than chewing them up or anything else I tried, and I tried a lot of shit to make those babies IR.

Honestly if 5mg of Oxy gets you off....lol shit why not just take it whole, and absorb 5mg every 3-4 hours, or however it releases? Sounds reasonable to me, although you could maybe make 2 doses out of a 20mg pill I understand your logic, but with these new formulas the time release is quite difficult to defeat by simply breaking, chewing, etc.

Good luck finding some IR's...had a pink 10mg ir the other night...not nearly enough for me so I drank a 6-pack and smoked some dank with it, felt alright.

Last time I wasted good money on OPs, I dissolved a 40mg op in a pill bottle full of Coca-Cola. Shake every few hours. And let sit overnight.

The next day you have a sort of gooey mess of Coca-Cola, but it's practically IR, drank it down and it worked waaaayyy better than chewing them up or anything else I tried, and I tried a lot of shit to make those babies IR.

Honestly if 5mg of Oxy gets you off....lol shit why not just take it whole, and absorb 5mg every 3-4 hours, or however it releases? Sounds reasonable to me, although you could maybe make 2 doses out of a 20mg pill I understand your logic, but with these new formulas the time release is quite difficult to defeat by simply breaking, chewing, etc.

Good luck finding some IR's...had a pink 10mg ir the other night...not nearly enough for me so I drank a 6-pack and smoked some dank with it, felt alright.

The way I'm looking at it is the most Oxycodone I've ever taken is 10mg, so the thought of taking one that contains double that sounds like a bad idea lol.

I'm pretty confused about cutting it up though... if it's evenly distributed (or close), I'm going to try 3/4 of one to start.