• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Quaaludes - cross tolerance with benzos and/or alcohol?

ShaunG

Bluelighter
I know it hits a diff part of the GABAa receptor, but is there still cross tolerance with these drugs? Please advise. Thank you.

No idea, but I am completely jealous... how did you come across if you don't mind my asking?

How's that possible they haven't been made forever ... Maybe deep web or some sketchy Chinese or Indian pharmacy making them ?

Methaquaalone still gets manufactured industrially in India.

Doubt there's any cross tolerance as I've never really found there to be any direct cross tolerance with booze and benzodiazepines (although they affect different subunits)

Not sure if there's an actual cross tolerance but in my experience, there seems to be a bit of a "cross tolerance" for all drugs in the same class. Like a person who takes downers all the time..

For example: a lady I was in the psych ward with was a hardcore benzo/opiate/etc abuser. A shot of haldol and ativan, followed by a thorazine shot did nothing to her whereas it would incapacitate a regular person.

If you're used to taking downers it might not fuck you up AS bad but take a lower dose at first to be on the safe side.

This may be what's referred to as "learned tolerance" commonly associated with alcohol. Am I making any sense?

Not sure if there's an actual cross tolerance but in my experience, there seems to be a bit of a "cross tolerance" for all drugs in the same class. Like a person who takes downers all the time..

For example: a lady I was in the psych ward with was a hardcore benzo/opiate/etc abuser. A shot of haldol and ativan, followed by a thorazine shot did nothing to her whereas it would incapacitate a regular person.

If you're used to taking downers it might not fuck you up AS bad but take a lower dose at first to be on the safe side.

This may be what's referred to as "learned tolerance" commonly associated with alcohol. Am I making any sense?

I think you are. I certainly feel like my heavy alcohol use has affected my tolerance for CNS depressants in general.

When I drank like a fish, it took a lot more valium to bring me out of the shakes. I dunno if you would consider that cross tolerance. I was probably massively jacked up from the dose of valium, but I was taking it to combat the withdrawals when I tried to stop so I could just lay on my couch comfortably.

No idea, but I am completely jealous... how did you come across if you don't mind my asking?

How's that possible they haven't been made forever ... Maybe deep web or some sketchy Chinese or Indian pharmacy making them ?

A friend found a old ass script in his parents basement....i was gifted just one so trying to make the most out of it. he has 9 more...im jealous

RORER

And yeah, heavy whiskey drinking has absolutely a cross tolerance with benzos from my experience.