• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Q about Gabapentin for H withdrawal

Single KO

Greenlighter
I've taken gabapentin before for withdrawal and found that 1200mg (4 x 300mg pills) works quite well for masking H withdrawal symptoms. My question is about re-dosing and how much is safe to take in one day. Do you think it would be safe to re-dose another 1200mg after the effects of the first dose start to wear off?

When i take gabapentin, I do staggered doses, so I'll take one 300mg pill every 30 minutes until i reach 1200mg....then the full effects usually come on an hour or so after i've taken the last pill. Once they start to take full effect, more times than not, i'll fall asleep for a few hours. Say i fall asleep for 4 hours, and upon awakening, notice that the gabapentin effects have mostly worn off, and i feel most of the H withdrawal symptoms pretty heavily. At this point (say 6-8 hours after ingesting the 4th and last gaba pill), do you think its safe to start re-dosing the gabapentin (again taking one 300mg pill every 30 minutes up till 1200mg)? Thus in total ingesting 2400mg in the span of 10 hours or so....

I've taken gabapentin before for withdrawal and found that 1200mg (4 x 300mg pills) works quite well for masking H withdrawal symptoms. My question is about re-dosing and how much is safe to take in one day. Do you think it would be safe to re-dose another 1200mg after the effects of the first dose start to wear off?

When i take gabapentin, I do staggered doses, so I'll take one 300mg pill every 30 minutes until i reach 1200mg....then the full effects usually come on an hour or so after i've taken the last pill. Once they start to take full effect, more times than not, i'll fall asleep for a few hours. Say i fall asleep for 4 hours, and upon awakening, notice that the gabapentin effects have mostly worn off, and i feel most of the H withdrawal symptoms pretty heavily. At this point (say 6-8 hours after ingesting the 4th and last gaba pill), do you think its safe to start re-dosing the gabapentin (again taking one 300mg pill every 30 minutes up till 1200mg)? Thus in total ingesting 2400mg in the span of 10 hours or so....
Try to combine gabapentin with Loperamide, that combo is the best for opiate withdrawals it reduces it like 80%, stops the diarrhea, the RLS, the cold sweats, hot flashes. And to answer your question YES, gabapentin is a very safe drug even at High doses.Although, you can have a blackout if u take too much so careful with that. Stay safe.

3600 mg a day is the maximum amount you should take per day according to medical literature. It is indeed a pretty safe drug, and a godsend when going through heroin withdrawal.