Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pussy-Arsed Bitches An' Bein' Invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please quote a post in which i suggest that moderators be online 24/7. you are blowing this way out of proportion; the post the spawned this discussioned, contained one simple statement: "Moderators should be visible so people know when they are available"

Last edited:
Ahh I missed the part where you realised you got it wrong by thinking they weren't contactable if they are invisible. Ah well, my opinion still stands with everything else I said. That only covered a minor part of my whole post. Simple mistake, my apologies.

Infinite Jest said:
^
Yeah, even if someone is on invisible, they will still receive a PM. I'm not sure that most people would even check to see if someone was online before PMing them - the list of online users isn't very obvious. Plus, you can always post in Support, or in the forum itself, and lots of people will see it.

I don't see a big problem at will in mods being invisible.

ValeTudo said:
Yes, you may receive it later, what good is this in an emergency?

ValeTudo said:
Sorry, i fucked that somewhat. I meant to reinforce my feeling that if the bluelighter seeking help is unaware of the mod' presence, he/she is less likely to send a PM. I reject the notion of them not checking, on the basis that clicking a mod's name on the threadlist take you to the post, not the PM app. a bluelighter seeking help is more likely to scroll to the bottom where the list of mods is, and check which one is online (right next to where they're looking).

Pretty confusing if you ask me.

I was never under the impression that because a mod is invisible, they wont receive a PM, it's ridiculous to put those words in my mouth. Ill clarify: a greenlighter, or bluelighter, could be forgiven for thinking that if a mod appear to be offline, they could be discouraged from posting a PM in the first place, especially if they require an urgent answer :\

VT & dfrs: take your personal vendetta to PM

VT: I asked you a page ago if you were being serious.

If you're still prepared to stand by your comments on the last page, start a thread in Support and tell the mods who are on invisible what you think about their commitment to their jobs.

ValeTudo said:
Mods have a responsibility to be visible. If they are invisible and uncontactable, they should hand in their modsticks :\

ValeTudo said:
I'm sure they have their reasons. All im saying, is that their reasons aren't good enough. It's irresponsible and a conflict of interest. As moderators, it is their job, NAY their responsibility to be available to bluelighters.

OH MY GOD TOO MUCH DRAMA LOL

Mods and bluelighters are not two separate entities...mods are bluelighters, and at the end of the day they have just as much right to use this site as a bluelighter as any of the rest of us do.

Becoming a mod doesn't mean you give up any personal interest in this site outside of waiting for someone to fall over so you can kiss their ouchies away...the systems which are in place currently IMO are totally adequate if anyone needs to get in touch with a mod.

On the suicide/OD note, I'm with starfalls....if someone is in urgent need of assistance, I would hope that bluelighters who are currently online and aware of it would do something about it, which may include alerting a mod; in which case even if the mod's invisible, they're still gonna get the message that they are needed straight away. And really, to be blunt...mods aren't counsellors or doctors or anything like that; if someone's wanting to pop their clogs, mods are not trained to be able to deal with that and it's unfair to expect that it's a job description they should adequately be able to fill.

Moderators are here to help the site run smoothly, not to make sure that each individual bluelighter is happy and healthy...

It might encourage more participation if people logged on and saw some posters who they like and interaact with are around- having said that there are peeps who log on and leave for 3 days so it can be counter productive if you aren't around and are logged on...

But Im staying on invisible coz I can't be arsed changing my settings and don't give a shit about being seen anyway. Besides- its embarassing being logged on all the time. :D

ValeTudo said:
Mods have a responsibility to be visible. If they are invisible and uncontactable, they should hand in their modsticks :\

Nuhhhhhhhhhhhh Hardly kiddo. Just think of it this way... Anytime you're in Drug Culture I might be watchin' you don't know. Plus it keeps all the crazies off my back

Doppelganger said:
^ I don't know, but you seem to be obsessed with the topic, so why don't you tell me? :)

What topic is that then ?

so why don't you tell me?

You need to be more specific about what you want to be told . If we can clear that up I will tell you something, quite what tho, I am not sure

felix said:
No... it would have timed out after 5-10 minutes of inactivity and showed you as offline. :)

TELL ME MORE TELL ME MORE!

So is it when your computer is inactive or when you are inactive on BL? This is interesting!

:D

^
I thought that was only if you didn't check "remember me"?

I removed some offensive off topic posts.

Stop being knobs, people.

drugfukkdrockstar said:
I was under the impression that the mods are there to more so keep the site under control. People don't have to use this site - it's their choice, if they don't like it they can leave really. And as was stated the mods aren't getting paid to be on call to make sure they can support the members.

(some content edited out)

But somehow I think you guy's are going over board with this 'the mods are here to support the bluelighters' crap. They are here to support bluelight. End of story.

You hit the nail on the head. Everything we mods and admin do for this site is voluntary. BUT we do it because we WANT to do it. We aren't here to babysit people BUT we do care about our posters and hope that when they need us we are there BUT you guys ALSO have to understand WE arent glued to the keyboard 100% of the time. We still want our privacy.

As previous stated if people feel so strongly about us being invisible then start a thread in Support about it and we can discuss it. From what i can see by reading over these posts there doesn't seem to be many people who DO care about it. Yet the debate rages on...

Most posters are aware if you hit the REPORT function EVERY mod for that section and admin recieve notification of the report. Visible or INvisible it goes through straight away. PM's...well they are never guarrenteed an instant answer but the magority of us work full time, have families etc aswell as do this so SOMETIMES it isnt possible to respond straight away. If someone DESPERATLY wants attention because of suicidal tendancies or whatever then they generally don't private pm's and remember this...us mods read EVERY POST so we would know prior as to the mental state of each poster. If we thought one needed help or an ear to bend we would be there. But you just have to respect the fact we aren't always online.

Like i said before...us being INvisible doesn't mean we AREN'T contactable. Most of us have alternate email address or IM details in our profile. If an emergency does arise and someone needs our attention and help straight away there is generally a poster on at that particular time who knows the person needed and will go to the external lengths of letting them know.

If us being invisible is what we want, then we will be invisible. Time to move on from the 'mods being invisible' saga.

If this doesn't make sense it's cause working full time, studying and gyming it tend to take their toll ;)

I actually thought selecting invisible created that particualar illusion in reality.

I get several PM's every day, inclduding request for assistance and I am invisible. It seems to matter more to the visible ones who think they may be proving something by having their anonymous, alias/persona visible in a virtual place. Very brave. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.