• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pushing on One's Taint to Relieve Pain of Constipation....

daddysgone

Bluelighter
Ok....
I've been debating for awhile whether or not to post this. On one hand, its pretty embarrasing, and sounds downright absurd, but on the other hand, I have found a method that helps immensely with the pain of constipation that often comes with opiate use. So...Ive decided to share this little trick with everyone here.

Note: This does not cure or treat constipation, it merely greatly reduces the pain that usually comes along with opiate- related constipation.

So, when the urge to have a bowel movement finally comes and you sit down on the toilet, many opiate users find themselves battling a very difficult and painful process. It can be almost impossible to actually push the bowel movement out, and their is often tremendous pain experienced in this process.

Here is a great remedy:
While you are straining to push out your bowel movement, use your fingers to firmly push in on the area of your taint, right in front of your anus. Think of it as trying to actually push the end of your taint, into your anus. I know this sounds hilarious and ridiculous, but you will be amazed at how much this alleviates the pain and pressure of the bowel movement.

I wonder if anyone else has stumbled upon this "technique", and if they have found it as helpful as I have?

Well, good luck, and happy pooping.;)

Never had an constipation issue with any opioids (I can evacuate the day after consuming 200mg loperamide, no tolerance. However, there is on exception: when I when I was recieving 380mg a day of intravenous methadone after being hospitalized for a major injury. While this amount of methadone didnt constipate me much orally, having it IVed everyday for over a week did (the idiots gave my regular oral dose, but intravenously).

I remember this fucking filipino nurses aid telling me to hurry up after I painfully made my way to the toilet, and had a very hard time trying to take a shit. She was shouting at me to hurry up, even calling me a "fucking junky". God I hate filipino nurses, and most filipino women in general (there are exceptions). If I had enough strength I would have punched her in the face. Generally I am not violent to women, but female filipino nurses/bitches are the exception....

Yeah, heh, it works. I try to avoid getting that constipated nowadays, though... There's nothing worse than trying to do physical shit when all stopped up.

OP- I will try this one of these days (hopefully soon) when I can finally go. I took a couple of suboxone for 3 days and they were always the worst for my bowel movements.
I will probably do a follow-up post on whether it works for me.

I am currently in a bout of horrible constipation from suboxone.....it takes me days at a time to go and is very painful and now have a hemorrhoid from straining so hard, which only makes it worse. Does anyone else notice that bupe makes you much more constipated than other opiates did? I am so fucking sick of this painful cycle.

holy crap (no pun intended) this works!! just tested :D really good advice. i wonder why this isnt common knowledge ?

I am currently in a bout of horrible constipation from suboxone.....it takes me days at a time to go and is very painful and now have a hemorrhoid from straining so hard, which only makes it worse. Does anyone else notice that bupe makes you much more constipated than other opiates did? I am so fucking sick of this painful cycle.

Suboxone did it the worst for me too out of all the opiates. I just thought it might have been because I was on maintainance so it was always in my system. Between taking it daily and its long half-life, my system always had opiates in it.

Was your use daily?

holy crap (no pun intended) this works!! just tested :D really good advice. i wonder why this isnt common knowledge ?

haha AWESOME!!
my first convert.

yea, as I said, I was debating posting this because of the embarrasment factor, but it really has done such a great job at relieving the constipation pain that I thought I really needed to share my experience and see if it helped anyone else.
Glad it has worked for you.

It really doesn't get more "harm reduction" then this;)-DG

Suboxone did it the worst for me too out of all the opiates. I just thought it might have been because I was on maintainance so it was always in my system. Between taking it daily and its long half-life, my system always had opiates in it.

Was your use daily?

Yes, my use has been daily since I started it 3 weeks ago to help get off opiates. I was taking 16mg a day for the first couple weeks, and am now on 8mg a day, and the constipation is still horrendous. Laxatives don't work anymore, stool softeners do nothing, I can't exercise really because I am still just starting to walk after being non weight-bearing for 3 months due to hip surgery, and I eat tons of fiber but nothing seems to help. I am starting to get worried.

Thanks for adding to the knowledge base. I don't have the problem at the moment, but I suppose this would work for women as well.

A mod should merge this with the "Big n Dandy Opiate Shit Problems" thread, if there is one. There seems to be a new thread on OpioBowels every week.

im gonna have to try this next time i find myself super constipated. I once went 21 days without a bowel movement, and it was physically impossible for me to pass the monster shitlog that built up. I had to use an enema and even that didnt fully work, I had to "help" it come out by manually extracting some of it. This was one of the worst experiences of my life. I literally passed a stool the size of a skinny adult mans arm from elbow to fingertips. Same legth and width. Sorry for the grossout factor of my post, but opioid constipation is no fuckin joke when you have an experience like I had. I was seriously crying on the tioilet between prayers. What a nightmare. I wish I had this "taint" knowledge back then

I'll give this a whirl next time a movement comes to pass ;)
Cheers Daddy ... (that even feels weird to type lol)

LOL OP deserves a noble prize or some shit! Naw really though, when I was addicted to opiates that side effect really bothered me, I'm glad to be done with that. I would've loved a cure for the pain. Although I hope all you opiate addicts remember that you should always pick up Magnesium Citrate if you're too backed up, you don't wanna fuck up your intestens (sp?).

Yeah, heh, it works. I try to avoid getting that constipated nowadays, though... There's nothing worse than trying to do physical shit when all stopped up.

Did you know this before reading the OPs post, or did you use the method after reading it. I was just curious about how you knew it worked, I'm kinda wondering how many people knew about this method since the other posters seem to just learn about it now.
Not trying to be weird by asking such a question8)

^Yeah, I tried it before when in horrible pain on the toilet. It was almost like instinct to do at the time!

Did you know this before reading the OPs post, or did you use the method after reading it. I was just curious about how you knew it worked, I'm kinda wondering how many people knew about this method since the other posters seem to just learn about it now.
Not trying to be weird by asking such a question8)

Yea I would like to know if he knew about this "technique" before I created this thread as well.
I have to imagine that with all the opiate users here who have had to deal with chronic constipation, there must be SOME people who happened to stumble upon this little trick in the same way I did. But rather then simply letting people stumble upon this, I thought it made sense to make everyone aware of it (despite the embarrasment).

Incidentally, I also think I know why pushing in on your taint (I wonder if that will stop sounding weird at some point) does such a good job at decreasin the pain from constipation.
When you are constipated and attempting to press out a very wide and hard bowel movement, it obviously stretches the soft tissue around your anus. However, I have found that it is really the tissue at the front of your anus (near your taint), that gets drasitcally stretched and causes pain, and not the far end of your anus near your tailbone.
By pressing in on your taint, you effectively push the bowel movement towards the backside of your anus (near the tailbone), and thus greatly reduce the strectching and pain which normally occurs at "taint-end" of your anus.
That is my current working theory on how this all works, but if anyone has alternative ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Im looking forward to hearing from people in the coming days who have tried this method and encourage everyone to report their experiences, whether it was helpful or not.

I know this whole subject is pretty silly, but unfortunately for most who are regular opiate users, painful constipation is a reality that they must deal with on a regualr basis.
Obviously it is best to do things to prevent the constipation in the first place (eat plenty of fiber, drink lots of fluids, etc.), but I have found that even when taking these measures, painful constipation can still occur fairly regularly, and Im VERY glad to have found, and shared this helpful and pain-reducing technique.-DG

Yea I would like to know if he knew about this "technique" before I created this thread as well.
I have to imagine that with all the opiate users here who have had to deal with chronic constipation, there must be SOME people who happened to stumble upon this little trick in the same way I did.

Yeah, I did. My purpose originally was to break-up the rock-hard chunks through the skin, and honestly I still think that may have something to do with how it helps.

Yeah, I did. My purpose originally was to break-up the rock-hard chunks through the skin, and honestly I still think that may have something to do with how it helps.

Yes, I agree that is part of it. By pressing in on ur taint like that, it is possible to "break up" a large bowel movement into smaller pieces (man this is an icky subject).
But I also believe that the main reason it helps with the pain is the reason I listed earlier (pushing the bowel movement to the less sensitive tissue towards your tailbone).-DG

One thing I want to add about this.
Now that I have advocated this "technique", I feel compelled to state that I cannot vouch for the safety of this practice. While I have not experienced any problems from doing this (and I have been using this technique several times a week, for several years), I cannot say for sure that their are no dangers associated with this.

One potential problem I could theoretically imagine resulting from this practice would be the formation of an anal fistula. Again, this has not happened to me (thank god), but I could see how pushing your taint like this and effectively altering the natural path a bowel movement makes as it exits your anus, could result in an anal fistuala.

For those who do not know what an anal fistula is, you can read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_fistula

It is not a particularly serious health concern, but its still something u would like to avoid developing.

If anyone knows, or wants to speculate, on any possible damage that could be done by using this "method", please share. Thanks-DG