Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Purple D&G - PMA WARNING

chopped_chimp

Bluelighter
Queensland police have released a warning for Purple D&G pills on the Gold Coast. They have been tested and have PMA in them. Link. This link was also substantiated by a report on AM radio at 11pm tonight.

Mods, I have already posted this in the Ecstasy related death thread, however I believe this will receive better exposure for people searching for this pill.

There is no way I can add a better pill report as this info is from the media. If anyone can add anything, please do.

Thanks for the report - we should all try and get the word out to our mates... would be horrible it it was one of your friends that took the wrong pill.

Does D&G refer to Dolce & Gabbana?

Last edited:
Hey people..

These pills in question (http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=7700) are also circulating Far North Queensland.

I know of people who consumed over the weekend just passed. I have also witnessed the pills and although you could call them grey with white speckles , i would personally say its more of a light purple colour.

No one I know of witnessed any abnormal reactions although the warning is clear and must be taken note of.

Would be good to see someone geta reagant test done on these!

Be careful everyone!

Police warning over Gold Coast ecstacy
Tony Moore | August 21, 2007 - 8:13PM

Queensland Police are warning people of a potentially lethal form of ecstasy (MDMA) that has been circulating on the Gold Coast.

Over the weekend police seized a quantity of light purple pills, imprinted with the letters "DG", during the search of a home in the area.

Queensland Health have tested the pills and scientific officers have confirmed they contain a potent and highly toxic amphetamine known as para-methoxyamphetamine, or more commonly as PMA.

This amphetamine is both a stimulant and hallucinogen and although it has no medical use, it has effects similar to drugs such as ecstasy.

Queensland's Drug Investigation Unit chief Detective Superintendent Brian Wilkins said PMA was far more potent and more toxic than ecstacy.

"People need to be reminded that if they take ecstasy, whatever the colour or logo, they actually have no idea of what they are taking," Supt Wilkins said.

"It could not only make them very sick, but they could in fact die as a result," he said.

"This is not the first time PMA has been identified in pills which are being sold as ecstasy.

"Several years ago a number of people died in South Australia from ingestion of PMA and more recently in Canberra a man died of a reported PMA overdose.

"At the time these persons thought they were taking MDMA and had no idea the pills contained PMA."

The amphetamine PMA affects the user's central nervous system, and they might experience hallucinations, restlessness, agitation, muscle contractions, rigidity, sweating, high fever, vomiting, seizures, coma and even death.

Detective Superintendent Wilkins advised anyone believing they may be suffering from the effects of illicit drugs to seek immediate medical attention.

Anyone with information which could assist police with their investigations should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Brisbane Times

I have just re-produced the information from your link C-C. Thanks for the update.

I just heard from a friend that her boyfriend consumed these pills last night, along with many other eople.

Some dropped multiple and some mixed them with multiple and some mixed them with multiple other known MDMA pills. she said none of them felt ill or had any undesired effects.

This does not mean these or PMA is safe. It is true that PMA can be used without death or ill effects, but some people are extremely sensative to PMA ad combining PMA with other drugs,

Stay away from these and warn everyone about them please! Yes, they may be like 5-10mg PMA but who knows if the pills range doses or how you or others react fropm them!

Police warn of lethal ecstasy batch
Posted 5 hours 22 minutes ago

Police have issued a warning about a potentially lethal form of the drug ecstasy circulating on the Gold Coast.

Last weekend police seized light purple pills stamped with the letters 'DG', which tests have now confirmed contain the drug commonly known as PMA.

Police say PMA has similar effects to ecstasy but is more potent and far more toxic.

The drug investigation unit's chief Brian Wilkins says police are worried that people are risking their lives by taking the drug.

Detective Superintendent Wilkins says it is not the first time PMA has been found in drugs being sold as ecstasy.

ABC News

I think the only safe thing to say in 99% of cases is stay away from pills period.

I've been afraid even to give known MDMA to newbies - based on the fact if they are that .01% of people with out the CYP2D6 Enzyme and they drop dead - it's my fault. I think thats the real education they need to get out there. Is why people die from MDMA, why people die from PMA, How they can tell what they are taking. I mean most people don't even know what a pill tester is. HR/HM needs to be implemented better in high schools to prevent this kinda shit. Perhaps even giving kids test kits - or taking cops into the schools with substances and test kits and educating on how to use them

Thats not scare tactics - thats true education and harm reduction imo.

Deadly 'eccies' appear in probe
Tony Wilson
22Aug07

GOLD Coast police have found 25 fake ecstasy tablets they warn can kill and are urging people not to take the light purple pills.

Queensland Health yesterday confirmed the tablets were the fatal substitute for ecstasy known as PMA, which claimed the lives of Sydney dance teacher Annabel Catt in February and a 20-year-old Canberra man in July.

Authorities fear the drug is becoming more widespread in Australia.

Police said 25 PMA tablets, with the letters DG on them, were found in a Gold Coast raid as part of an investigation into the overdose death of Blair Elizabeth Vaina, 18, at Jabiru Island at the weekend.

The Austinville teenager, who had no known history of drug use, died after taking five tablets during what police called 'naive experimenting' in the early hours of Saturday.

Police say it is unlikely Ms Vaina took PMA. It is thought she consumed a different type of tablet and it was just the sheer volume of ecstasy she ingested over five or six hours that led to her death.

Drug experts told The Gold Coast Bulletin yesterday two and a half ecstasy tablets was the 'absolute limit' during any one session.

Police and drug experts said taking a single ecstasy tablet was like playing 'Russian roulette' with your life.

Following the death of Ms Vaina and the collapse of her 17-year-old boyfriend, who was hospitalised, detectives charged a 19-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman, both from Varsity Lakes, with drug offences including allegedly supplying Ms Vaina with ecstasy tablets.

Police sources told The Bulletin that information uncovered during the arrest of the Varsity Lakes pair led police to another Gold Coast address where the deadly, pale purple tablets were located.

Police do not know if any of the 'purple death' tabs had already been sold and are urging people not to take them, but to contact police even if it is anonymously.

PMA, or parameth-oxyamphetamine, is a strong psychedelic drug that affects the central nervous system and causes fatal hyperthermia and seizures.

It has no medical use and police say one tablet can be fatal.

It is easier and cheaper to manufacture than ecstasy and can be passed off as an eccie.

Know as 'red death' or 'red Mitsubishis', the fake ecstasy tablets first emerged in Canada in 1973 when nine young partygoers died.

Since then, more than 20 young people have died from PMA in the USA, Canada, Austria, Denmark and Germany.

The 'dirty drug' appeared in Australia in 1994 on the dance scene and has led to deaths in South Australia and NSW, plus many near-lethal overdoses.

State Drug Investigation Unit chief Detective Superintendent Brian Wilkins said last night Queensland police were 'extremely concerned' that people were risking their lives by taking the illicit drug.

"People need to be reminded that if they take ecstasy, whatever the colour or logo, they actually have no idea of what they are taking. It could not only make them very sick, but they could in fact die as a result," he said.

He advised anyone who believed they might be suffering from illicit drugs to seek immediate medical attention.

News.com.au

Drug experts told The Gold Coast Bulletin yesterday two and a half ecstasy tablets was the 'absolute limit' during any one session.

Haha, well if thats the absolute limit, then me and 99% of my mates should all be dead.

lol 2 and a half. how can they quantiate anything like that.. 2.5 pills.. be it they have 10mg of mdma or 250? lol.

nice work drug experts

drug expert = chimp with a 286.

Last edited:
juice_soldier said:
lol 2 and a half. how can they quantiate anything like that.. 2.5 pills.. be it they have 10mg of mdma or 250? lol.

nice work drug experts

drug expert = chimp with a 286.

Exactly! Hahaha

These drug expert quotes are great for a laugh!

Still, it sux that there are evil bastards putting this crap in pills!

Yeah,

Its definately not suprising that the governments drug experts would make quotes like that. Mind you, rather than taking the piss we should still try and keep this thread on track.

Has anyone here got any personal experiences consuming these pills in question? From most reports it seems they must have a combination of mdma and a small amount on PMA. I also know of people who have consumed multiples of the pill in question while also consuming alcohol without negative effects. I have also heard that people were going back to stock up.

With any luck the warning gets spread. It would be horrible to see any harm come to people from consuming a pill known to contain PMA, even if it is a small quantity.

Look forward to hearing some more responses.

Cheers

Is it possible the little piggies have realised how much PMA scares us, and are trying to inject uncertainty into the pill market to scare us off ecstasy?

[/paranoid]

Hey Doooofus,

That thought also crossed my mind.. Ie the whole scenario with a recent death, and then a find of purple d&g's found upon further investigation. Even though they weren't the pills in question regarding the death, and it was published that PMA was not a cause in the fatality, it still makes me wonder if it could all be a publicity stunt to scare us off.

Either way, I'll be giving the heads up to everyone I know who dabbles. I could think of nothing worse than seeing a friend go down for not knowing any better.

I'd really like to see some reagant tests for a start, a break down ecstacydata.org style would also be nice to see.. with what chemicals were found and in what ratios.

It just seems a little weird that there have been no hospitalizations regarding these pills if they do indeed contain PMA. I know of people who consumed a large quanity of these in one session. Just makes me wonder.

Also, would it be correct to say that PMA and MDMA aren't cross tolerant? Ie, even someone seasoned to MDMA would feel the effects of the PMA alot more?

You would certainly hope that's not the case, and if it is, it's a disgusting tactic.

We all know the story about the boy who cried wolf. :\

Or the story of Pyne and cops killing people with pma pills as a scare tactic?
Speculation +++

I will see what i can do about getting one of these tested ASAP.

I have personally consumed these as have friends everyone agreed they were pretty stong and a bit different to normal pills, no real negative effects appart from vomiting.

I did notice they smelt like no other pill ive tried.

Thought i would paste that PiHKAL entry

In one study, MDMA was consumed at 9:00 AM each day for almost a week (120 milligrams the first day and 160 milligrams each subsequent day) and by the fifth day there were no effects from the drug except for some mydriasis. And even this appeared to be lost on the sixth day. At this point of total tolerance, there was consumed (on day #7, at 9:00 AM) 120 milligrams of MDA and the response to it was substantially normal with proper chronology, teeth clench, and at most only a slight decrease in mental change. A complete holiday from any drug for another 6 days led to the reversal of this tolerance, in that 120 milligrams of MDMA had substantially the full expected effects. The fact that MDMA and MDA are not cross-tolerant strengthens the argument that they act in different ways, and at different sites in the brain.

GOD I LOVE THAT BOOK! Imagine being in shulgins shoes when he first tried his home synthed MDMA at 120 mg 8(

Back on track now...

I will just say this but i don't recommend it on any level!

I first tried PMA in a powder form whilst in Canada during 2004 and i loved the effects!

I tried it another 3 times back in Australia before reading about the deaths in Adelaide a couple of years ago and stearing clear of it ever since.

I'm certain i've had PMA or a mix of PMA and MDMA containing pills on numerous occasions since then as i've had alot of trippy PMA style moments at clubs over the years that i can't attribute to 2cb, MDA, mescaline or LSD adulteration.

I can see how people who take it in pills could think they are just strong pills. Especially if they contain both PMA and MDMA.