• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Purification of methcathinone

Uber_Penguin

Bluelighter
TL;DR: What I'm hoping to gain out of this thread is simple: an actual non cluttered discussion of essentially the simplest way for an average user to remove as many harmful impurities (I don't fully understand this part, mainly I'm concerned about manganese and benzaldehyde but I'm sure there's more I'm not considering and am actually a bit concerned even bringing up my uncertainty lest...well, I'll go into it in a second) as possible from methcathinone produced using potassium permanganate (KMn04).
To clarify this has nothing to do with synthesis, I am referring to what can be done to already prepared methcathinone to make it as safe as possible using methods and materials reasonably available to the average user.

I've heard of performing a "solvent wash", but I can't seem to figure out specifics. If we're talking about washing with acetone, then that seems simple enough yet I don't really understand what doing that entails or to what degree doing it will purify the product. This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for, cause while I have reasonably strong scientific understanding in a lot of avenues chemistry has always been a massive blind spot.

----

There have actually been a handful of other threads on BL in the past that seem to be looking for this information, but to be honest I'm actually a bit disappointed in many of the bluelighters in those threads: every single one of these discussions almost immediately veers off into absurd discussions of the ins and outs of extremely complex lab level chemistry (Just purely theoretical discussion, not even like there's the pretense anyone, and DEFINITELY not a layperson, could find it practically helpful), discussions of whether or not MCat is any good, debates over which of the various byproducts of KMn04 MCat synthesis are the more toxic or which are responsible for what symptom...

Meanwhile harm reduction gets completely ignored and the thread just eventually kinda goes off and peters out, with ultimately not a single bit of it being the kind of thing an average person with a bag full of unclean MCat is going to look at and say "Oh, this is helpful to make what I'm doing less likely to cause a severe negative impact to my health!"

For illustrative purposes, there is a friend of mine (not a euphemism for me, actually a friend) who's learned of MCat and although I told him the methcathinone produced through the KMn04 method can, in regular users, cause fairly severe complications especially if injected and thus I probably wouldn't try it, I get the distinct impression he's probably gonna try anyways cause he's kind of into needles and likes shooting crystal.
Not the kind of dude who is real into chemistry or whatnot, doesn't have a ton of patience for it, but isn't by any means stupid; just impatient. So basically for someone like him who is reasonably willing to take steps to reduce abuse related harm so long as they're simple to understand, but mainly just wants to get the drugs into his body, what would be a purification process I could describe for him that will make the product itself as safe as it can be without reaching "That's too hard and involved, fuck it" territory.

P.S. Sorry if I sound a little overly...peeved, it just gets me rather heated even just seeing people basically treating people's well being as taking back seat to what amounts to intellectual masturbation, and thing is that judging by the knowledge some of these people demonstrate I'm completely positive they could quickly clear the issue up if they could stop getting distracted by their (understandable with that level of knowledge) tendency to indulge in what amounts to especially chemically advanced "what if"s.

P.P.S. I had no idea what to prefix this with

Hmm, i cant offer anything directly to this, however, you might get sufficient answers if you read some of LeJunk's posts. He has many techniques that will likely help

First of all, in what form methcathinone to be purified you're talking about is? Is it a post-reaction mixture after filtration or solid methcathinone hydrochloride precipitated out of such mixture?