• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Purely hypothetical, how much of an opiate would kill a person with no tolerance?

polarthedog

Bluelighter
No I’m not planning To kill myself
I’m just wanting to know at what level would use become possibly life threatening?
Let’s use morphine as an example
Also, if a person has now tolerance, can buprenorphine kill them? If not, why not?

Bupe does cause respiratory depression but there's a ceiling to that. After a certain point it doesn't get any worse even if you keep taking more. So bupe alone cannot kill you (or it's at least highly unlikely to happen). However it's a completely different story when bupe is mixed with benzos and alcohol.

Highly variable depending on the weight and age of the individual.

Bupe causes respiratory depression like other opioids, so yes it can kill.
I know there’s many variables, and you can’t just give me a cut and dry number. I was hoping for an estimate, or an ld50. Online they said that there is no I ld50

For buprenorphine, it may be impossible, unless the person has a genetic variant for extremely high concentrations of opioid receptors

Basically, the reason why I’m asking is because after a long long break, I’musing again, and the main point of getting high on opiates is to nod. (For me). When I was nodding off poppy said years ago, I would take 12 medium raw pods at the end and eat them to nod. I was semi suicidal at the time, and I liked how it was kinda like playing Russian roulette inthat each pods strength is different than the next pods strength, so even though I’m taking twelve pods, that might still be enough to kill me. I’m no longer suicidal, but now going back tomusing without being suicidal, I’m noticing that it’s harder to nod, because I’m too careful, so my dose Doesent get high enough to nod. I was hoping someone could give me a solution other than throwing caution to the wind and just taking a handful with a bunch of other drugs like I used to do. That’s why I’m asking about bupe, because I have pretty much an unlimited supply of bupe, and it only takes about 0.25 mg sublingual to get me high if I take it with my kratom. I was wanting to know I forgot I could go ahead and take half a mg rectally all at once without risk of od. And btw, I’ve found that at doses below 2 mgs, I can still get high off of other opiates

Best answer lol
Seriously though be careful bro my uncle died of a methadone overdose well my dad's cousin not sure if that's uncle or not but my grandmas sister well as you can imagine... It destroyed her you don't want to put your family through that bro I had a none fatal overdose once and my poor grandma seen me lying under the table with my head on a carrier bag and immediately started calling my name in a scared voice I feel horrible for scaring her like that my grandmas the only family I got left the drugs have took all the rest either alcohol or heroin or both and I'm heading the same way anyway the shit is evil mate all opiates are at recreational doses it really is the devil's veil not god's, god wanted us to feel emotion weather its good emotion or bad emotion he put drugs here for people who are in pain mental, or physical don't let me on my high horse though bruv cus I ain't got one I'm one of the biggest screw ups going I got decent looks I like to think I can be quite clever when I put my mind to it but I threw everything away I got the memory of an 80 year old my grandma godbless her has a better bloody memory than me so much so that she rings me every time I have an appointment, or to remind me to go chemist stuff like that I don't think I'm ever gonna get clean some days I think the only reason I've not just ended it all on a noose or od is because of what it would do to my grandma

It's a bloody hard world and it's been harder for me than most I'm telling you.

I found the high from pods vs bupe to be different. Also, I thought 1/32 of an 8mg strip fucked up my normal kratom high significantly. 12 pods is a decent dose of opium. I've puked and nodded before from just 4-5 pods tea with no tolerance.

I found the high from pods vs bupe to be different. Also, I thought 1/32 of an 8mg strip fucked up my normal kratom high significantly. 12 pods is a decent dose of opium. I've puked and nodded before from just 4-5 pods tea with no tolerance.
I worked my way up to it over years, I would take 24 pods a day with about 30 mg of Valium a day, couple hundred mg of lyrica, around 1200 mg gabapentin, alcohol and 0.1-0.2 mg clonidine a day. Then I would too and adderallbinges on top of all that

Also, ya I’ve found the high from pods to have a dreamlike/pleasant nightmarish tinge to the high. It feels like darkness is enveloping me, making me feel safe and happy. Bupe is more of an uplifting happy functional high, everything just feels awesome

Impossible to say, really. You can calculate the LD50 using your body weight (LD50's are given by mg/kg so however many milligrams it is, you times that by your weight in Kg (or your weight in lbs X'd by 2.2)).
But it doesn't take into consideration your tolerance and that's not really something that can be accurately, scientifically measured. Plus everyone naturally reacts differently to different drugs and have different sensitivity levels.
Also, the LD50 is only the dose than would kill 50% of people who took it, so it's no guarantee.

The best bet would be to IV a macro-dose (basically "hot shot" yourself) like if you inject like a couple grams of morphine or a few hundred mg of Fentanyl, nobody could survive that.

80mg of IV Morphine has been reported as the minimum dose to kill an average sized adult with zero tolerance.

Of course the chances of a fatal OD would increase exponentially if you also took Barbiturates. Just three times the highest prescription daily dose of a barbiturate alone can kill.

The chances would also drastically increase if any of CNS depressant were used such as alcohol, benzo's, GHB, Gabapentinoids etc.
Although, the actually advise the use of milk, no alcohol (or GHB) as alcohol makes it very likely that one would vomit up any pills taken. Preferably also with a potent anti-emetic.

AGAIN, JUST TO REITERATE WHAT OP STATED, THIS IS ENTIRELY HYPOTHETICAL AND NOT ADVICE.

I worked my way up to it over years, I would take 24 pods a day with about 30 mg of Valium a day, couple hundred mg of lyrica, around 1200 mg gabapentin, alcohol and 0.1-0.2 mg clonidine a day. Then I would too and adderallbinges on top of all that

I think some of us just have naturally high tolerances or bodies that cope very well with drugs.
About a year ago (at this time I took about 360mg Dihydrocodeine a day and nothing else so I was tolerant to nothing except moderately to opioids) in one evening I had (and I weigh like 115lb as well as no tolerance) I had 100mg Hydroxyzine, 360mg Dihydrocodeine, 85mg Methadone, a large blunt, 200mg diazepam and 2 bottles of wine. Not only did I not have any symptoms of an OD, I actually did not even sleep that night! :/

Last edited:
Impossible to say, really. You can calculate the LD50 using your body weight (LD50's are given by mg/kg so however many milligrams it is, you times that by your weight in Kg (or your weight in lbs X'd by 2.2)).
But it doesn't take into consideration your tolerance and that's not really something that can be accurately, scientifically measured. Plus everyone naturally reacts differently to different drugs and have different sensitivity levels.
Also, the LD50 is only the dose than would kill 50% of people who took it, so it's no guarantee.

The best bet would be to IV a macro-dose (basically "hot shot" yourself) like if you inject like a couple grams of morphine or a few hundred mg of Fentanyl, nobody could survive that.

80mg of IV Morphine has been reported as the minimum dose to kill an average sized adult with zero tolerance.

Of course the chances of a fatal OD would increase exponentially if you also took Barbiturates. Just three times the highest prescription daily dose of a barbiturate alone can kill.

The chances would also drastically increase if any of CNS depressant were used such as alcohol, benzo's, GHB, Gabapentinoids etc.
Although, the actually advise the use of milk, no alcohol (or GHB) as alcohol makes it very likely that one would vomit up any pills taken. Preferably also with a potent anti-emetic.

AGAIN, JUST TO REITERATE WHAT OP STATED, THIS IS ENTIRELY HYPOTHETICAL AND NOT ADVICE.
Well, I’m most likely way below 240 mg ish of oral morphine, so that pretty much answer
I think some of us just have naturally high tolerances or bodies that cope very well with drugs.
About a year ago (at this time I took about 360mg Dihydrocodeine a day and nothing else so I was tolerant to nothing except moderately to opioids) in one evening I had (and I weigh like 115lb as well as no tolerance) I had 100mg Hydroxyzine, 360mg Dihydrocodeine, 85mg Methadone, a large blunt, 200mg diazepam and 2 bottles of wine. Not only did I not have any symptoms of an OD, I actually did even sleep that night!
Ya that sound s like me haha, I heard people saying don’t mix benzos with alcohol,or opiates, and instead of not ,icing them, I was always just careful of my dosage. The withdrawals from that mixture are horrendous though. Especially the nightmares

Well, I’m most likely way below 240 mg ish of oral morphine, so that pretty much answer

Ya that sound s like me haha, I heard people saying don’t mix benzos with alcohol,or opiates, and instead of not ,icing them, I was always just careful of my dosage. The withdrawals from that mixture are horrendous though. Especially the nightmares

Oh God, yeah. I used to have extreme nightmares - like disturbing to the point where I didn't understand how my brain could even come up with such stuff - and I'd wake up every couple of hours, drenched in a cold sweat.

While I'm pretty sure it was 80mg, it MIGHT have been 60. I'm 99% sure, but please don't take more than 180mg orally just in case.
Had to comment this 'cause it was bothering me lol. I don't want you to OD due to my potential misinformation.

While I'm pretty sure it was 80mg, it MIGHT have been 60. I'm 99% sure, but please don't take more than 180mg orally just in case.
Had to comment this 'cause it was bothering me lol. I don't want you to OD due to my potential misinformation.
I appreciate it, I most likely won’t go past a pod .org two every twelve hours, I’ll have narcan nasal spray soon as well. My girlfriend can give it to me if I did happen to od. Though in my experience, pod ods come on very gradually, so I’ve aleays had time to take 16 mg of buprenorphine to treat the od. Now I feel I od I’ll have to use narcan though, because 16 mg e would have me puking for days lol.

Oh God, yeah. I used to have extreme nightmares - like disturbing to the point where I didn't understand how my brain could even come up with such stuff - and I'd wake up every couple of hours, drenched in a cold sweat.
Sometime soon it would be every five minutes for me, but the nightmares felt like they lasted days or more, kind of like a salvia trip. I would be able to feel physical pain in the nightmares. They would consists of being eaten alive, or shot, or something of that nature, dying, and then respawning and dying again, and again, and again, I don’t usually wake up to the sound so of my own screams, then have to fall asleep again and do it all over again, I think after I came down off all those pods the acute withdrawals lasted around 2-4 weeks. Those nightmares scare me more than any other aspect of withdrawal
It’s like tripping on salvia 30 times a fucking night
I need to wean off the kratom, I’ve let myself get too addicted, but I’m afraid of the nightmares.

Sometime soon it would be every five minutes for me, but the nightmares felt like they lasted days or more, kind of like a salvia trip. I would be able to feel physical pain in the nightmares. They would consists of being eaten alive, or shot, or something of that nature, dying, and then respawning and dying again, and again, and again, I don’t usually wake up to the sound so of my own screams, then have to fall asleep again and do it all over again, I think after I came down off all those pods the acute withdrawals lasted around 2-4 weeks. Those nightmares scare me more than any other aspect of withdrawal
It’s like tripping on salvia 30 times a fucking night
I need to wean off the kratom, I’ve let myself get too addicted, but I’m afraid of the nightmares.

I usually dream just fucked-up stuff. Like once my mother was abusive and she had like inserted large shards of glass inside my legs as a kid (and somehow they had healed over them, IDK, dreamlogic) and I was in so much pain and trying to move my legs but every time I did the glass would cut me more and more deeply until HUGE long, wide, DEEP wounds opened up and I'd try and pull the shards out but they were so deep I could see my bones.
One time I had like Necrotizing Fasciitis, or the skin disease from Cabin Fever or something and painful rashes, gashes and lesions kept spreading as my skin and the soft tissue beneath began to rot and slough off and I was freaking out.