• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Pure theobromine? Is it even possibly worth it?

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
what would a normal person get from 10g of pure theobromine? I know, weird. I don't eat sugar except fruit so no chocolate for me. Is there anyone who tried to get high of this? I don't expect much results : /

Long ago I tried taking equimolar amounts of powder caffeine, theophylline, and theobromine to see if it was better than an earlier theophylline experiment that just give me sour stomach and a theobromine one that contributed to severe hiccups. It was not like chocolate at all, of course. My final attempt was to add the amounts equivalent to 400 grammes of dark chocolate to a proportional amount of dextrose, with some calcium carbonate, the surface scraped from green M & Ms and catnip. Then with citric acid and a lemon-juice catnip extract. All PO via parachuting or mixing into seltzer. An early attempt at an aphrodisiac when I was still in secondary school. The three of us working on it even had a trade name picked out for our chocolate alkaloids salts-chalk-catnip-green M&M concoction -- the Hershey's Hand Job, which was more to the point than PantChocPon-Pussy Forte or the like.

Last edited:
what would a normal person get from 10g of pure theobromine? I know, weird. I don't eat sugar except fruit so no chocolate for me. Is there anyone who tried to get high of this? I don't expect much results : /

I would imagine that you'd give yourself a very unpleasant case of theobromine poisoning - so possibly seizures, vomiting, heart arrhythmias, maybe some internal bleeding, though probably not enough symptoms to kill you as would happen in cats or dogs unless you have a pre-existing heart condition (LD50 is about 1g/kg in humans).

FWIW, you'd need to eat about 830g of raw cacao powder in one sitting (at about 1.2% theobromine) to get 10g theobromine.

i'm talking about pure extract, not chocolate. I do not know the dosage but i since i came across it i was just curious if it could lead to anything effectwise to anybody that is pleasurable...the tiny price is still not worth it, i hear..or read...

That's right -- that amount of powder is going to cause more problems, digestive and otherwise, than any kind of pleasure.

And maybe a seizure and hiccups like that farmer in Iowa had for 90 years

Id just stick to caffeine. It works, has lots of research, and coffee is everywhere.