• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Pure terror from psychedelics - sans the bad trip!

Transcendence

Bluelighter
I had a unique experience on 2C-T-7 three days ago. I administered 30 mg rectally (first 20 mg, then 10mg about 2 hours later). After enjoying the overwhelming euphoria for a few hours, the visuals grew to an extent where I could no longer easily read my computer screen.

At ~+3 hours I vaporized a few hits of cannabis. I was subsequently thrown into a psychotic state that I had never previously experienced before.

I experienced delusions of grandeur wherein I would contemplate my future and then feel absolutely certain that I would one day 50 years from now find myself as a philosopher on the scale of Socrates or Descartes. I could not only picture it vividly, I could feel this "truth" within the depths of my soul. After entertaining these thoughts for several minutes (or several hours, I had no concept of time at this point) I had a moment of clarity in which I realized how truly insane I was at this point.

Now this is the part where a classic case of a bad trip would begin. However, even in my delusional state I recognized the signs and pulled myself from the depths of a train wreck. My trip continued as it did, but with one notable exception: I could control my sense of fear as acutely as I could control my breathing. I would picture a familiar scenario, a person, an object, whatever, and then I would psychically tell my fear instinct to kick in and I would suddenly feel a sense of pure terror that I hadn't felt since I was a very small child. It was as easy as pressing a button.

This would seem like a very, very bad mind game to pursue while on a high dose of a psychedelic. However, I recognized my fear as being completely unfounded and irrational, and so I grew to enjoy it. The fear was at once exhilarating and horrifying. I found it fun in the same way one might enjoy a scary movie or rollercoaster. I continued this game until I started hearing audio hallucinations and catching glimpses of Silent Hill or Jacob's Ladder-esque purgatory (you know, the deformed, tortured bodies shaking their heads rapidly) and I decided this would be a good time to go to bed :D

So I suppose my question is this: has anyone ever experienced a state of pure, unadulterated terror on psychedelics that you actually found enjoyable? Or should I just commit myself to the psych ward immediately?

Very interesting. I'd be fascinated if someone else had a similar experience to yours, mostly because I tend to see terror as perhaps a true obstacle to having a "good," valuable trip. In this context though, that doesn't seem to be the case. Neat-o.

No kidding neat-o :)

Psychedelics are so unpredictable and continue to throw surprises from thin air. Can't say I've ever had terror that I enjoyed and played around with.

I certainly wouldn't worry about it if I were you. If you continued to have terror or delusions of grandeur after the trip's gone it may be something to look into but if you're fine don't worry about it.

It would be even neater if you could extend your control to more pleasant emotions. Psychedelics might become addictive for you if you do.

With real high doses of cannabis i get terrible anxiety that I've learned to almost entirely suppress but it can take hold if I don pay attention to it, however I don't find it enjoyable. I'm guessing such anxiety is highly atypical?

Uh both? Well I've had trips before where terror was just horrifying and there were other trips where I tumbled through the spectrum of human emotion and on other occasions still, I've indeed been able to relativate anything that would happen to me and see it all from a marvellous perspective :) So yah its all possible I guess

I like this phrase. Rather poetic. :)

Here's what I do for anxiety during the cannabis high.

:D Sounds like meditation to me! But maybe I'm totally projecting or something...

I meant that tumbling pretty literally by the way, pretty nervewrecking at times to be pushed around so much, like with the shifting winds.

Its the Cannabis I can't smoke while peaking or else i'm almost garranteed a really horrible trip!!! Some people get this effect while others not but I would say be careful if you choose to smoke while +++ tripping because it may happen again even at smaller doses!!!

Also terror and panic is simply NOT pleasant hence why its called TERROR it means by definition a unpleasant state so if one can say they found such pleasant then there either lying or are sadistic bastards lol!!! Now one can learn and become a better person because of such states but I doubt one would wish to repeat such experiences unless exploration of that state is on ones agenda personally it is not on mine cause I know i'll get there again so why hunt for it???

So I suppose my question is this: has anyone ever experienced a state of pure, unadulterated terror on psychedelics that you actually found enjoyable?

No. However, I have overcome extreme panic on psychedelics- which is a very liberating feeling. Psychosis, on the other hand, is plain awful.

One must remember that pure bliss and pure terror are very closely realted IMO...:)

I've had the "fear" on a lot of LSD and nitrous.. it was a beautiful experience, I learned a lot about myself. I let it all happen, there was no fighting it. I wasn't going to say anything to my fellow trip partners at the time, but I genuinely felt the most scared and helpless I have ever felt in my life.

Good times :)

One time I was convinced I was going to trip forever and had gotten psychosis. Afterwards I thought it was the funniest moment of my life, but during it was certainly the most terrifying, thinking I would have to tell my GF, parents, friends, that I was mentally insane because of doing to many psychs.

i had pretty much that same fear when i first started using psychedelics....scary thought...

This fear has never left me, it runs through my mind at least once a day, and how ever hard I try to think its just stupid bullshit my mind always seems to believe it as real.

^Stop trying to think ie. meditate :) It will help to a huge degree. I meditate a few times a day, and used to be considered "disabled" by govt. bodies due to anxiety/PTSD. I am no longer that way, and the only way I got out if was by meditating and deeply examing my fears....there were none.

I think that such as confronting your fears is essential. Your fear will turn out to be nothing more then a collective of unrealistic thoughts. Live in the Now- you have no choice anyway, so do it! :) <3

How would I go about meditating Ive never attempted it lol do you just sit and empty your mind close your eyes and shit?

I understand what you are talking about Transcendence, Ive been in a situation similar to that, only it wasnt fear i was toying with, it was euphoria. One time on a combination of MDMA/4-Aco-dmt I was examining my mind when i found the "source" of my euphoric pleasure. Like a water faucet I was able to turn it either on or off. It seems like whilst tripping we have the ability to lock and unlock certain parts of the mind, which are responsible for certain emotions. Im sure theres something somewhere which can back this up.