• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pupil size after oxycodone binge

Tak97

Greenlighter
I'm not sure if this is the right section for this thread, my apologies if it isn't.

I've noticed that after going on an oxycodone binge of a week or so the day after stopping my pupils become incredibly dilated. Like, almost covering my entire eye dilated. They usually stay like this for a few days of not using. I've read that this is a sign of withdrawal but I don't really experience any other symptoms? Is this unusual or has anybody else experienced this?

I've experienced it but as you've read it would come with withdrawal . The first few times I went into wds it was subtle and didn't realize it(had little anxiety and sniffles nothing serious) until much later when wds became worse then I had that ah ha moment,thats what that was. If that's the case watch out because there a fine line from mild withdrawals to the pitts of hell.

ive heard of ppl getting really diluted pupils from heroin withdrawal so, oxy im sure would be similar, idk ive never withdrawaled very hard from heroin/oxy so idk.

also dont pay much attention to my pupil size so idk.

My pupils start dilating noticeably at about the 8hour mark between my doses of oxycontin ER. It's just the very beginning signs that my body would like it's next dose. As a pain patient I've been using oxy for just over 12 months, I'm addicted and dependant and on average I've got a 180mg per day habit. I hate it and look forward to putting it behind me. But the dilated pupils come with the territory as you rebound from it's use ime.

legaluser it's not so much paying attention to your pupil size as it is feeling like a gremlin with light(you know "bright lights,bright lights).Maybe that movie reference is dated but anyhow you get extreme light sensitivity cause your pupils are so big everything gets in.Then after getting a headache from the light you might go in the mirror to have a look and your pupils look like you've had a hit of crack or look like the ppl from soundgarden video blackhole sun(another dated reference).

I'd hazard a guess that you're not too many binges away from becoming acutely aware of how shitty you feel.

I always could tell what my step daughter was going through at the time of her"secret"addiction.She'd come over a couple days in a row pupils so tiny and very talkative.Toward the end of the week she would come over and her pupils were huge,and she was "sick".Glad over the years I had paid attention to the warning signs of addiction.I helped her help herself twice but she won't stay off the oxy's.She's a beautiful girl and only 23,I hope one day she wakes up and can see how she's throwing away her life,oxy's are a bitch!