• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

punctuality/People's Concepts of Time (merged)

Raz said:
...Merged these cause they're pretty much the same topic...though I will spare you all me bitching about late people again... ;)

you were a bit late merging dont u think??

;) ;)

Hmmm. I am notorious for being late. Always.

Basically I put it down to my eternal optimism/over estimation of my capabilities.

I always say to myself - no that's cool, I can drive to 5 different shopping centres on opposite sides of the city, get lunch, go to work, find a cure for cancer, dance a jig and get ready in two hours. NO PROBLEMS. Needless to say - this never eventuates - and sacrifices are made (normally the jig and cure for cancer) and I am late. A good tactic I have lately started is if I am say, meeting someone in the city, go into the city like 5 hours early and do some chores or whatever in there so at least i'm THERE. My friends started doing the same thing as Up All Night - telling me to meet them 1/2 an hour earlier than needed....hmmm

Perhaps hypocritically - I loathe and get REALLY pissed off when people cancel on me. Late is fine...but when you are waiting for someone to pick you up, or to give you a call and let you know where they are - and they just don't, that really gets my goat. Even though I'm always late I'll always try and let the person know (except if I'm really scared of them) but I will never, ever cancel on my friends.

what was happening was that we were waiting at the gate, on time for the boarding time, and the "boarding time" on the screen kept getting moved by 10 minutes. we'd reach the boarding time, then they'd push it back by 10 minutes. this kept happening for 40 minutes... if they had given us a reasonable time frame at the start, like "i'm sorry ladies and gentlemen, but this flight will be delayed by 30 minutes" or wotever, i could have actually done something with my time (like head back to the bar) not just stand there at the gate, grumbling along with everyone else..

What fucking shits me is when you're waiting for a train, and the time that it's due comes and goes, and you're waiting 5,10,15,20 mins and *then* do they announce that the train is running 20 mins late. Fuckers.:X

Im usually annoyed at my drug dealers LOL especially if there heads are fried on meth. When they txt and say theyll visit in 1/2 an hour then I know they really mean 2 hours later. Can be a problem as I end up contacting the next dealer, finding out that he too is late, so I contact another dealer. Then what happens? they all turn up at once haha. My mates are quite curtious with being on time, like I am myself, will txt to let mates know im a little late.