• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Psychosis

Brainfucked

Bluelighter
Hello I last done MDMA 5 years ago and continued to smoke weed until 2 years ago then quit that because it sent me psychotic. Well I blame the weed but im unsure. I had other problems in my life like an abusive relationship. It lasted about 1 month. For the past 2 years Ive been completely free from all drugs. My symptoms havent got any better since I last done MDMA 5 years ago. Dp/dr, low sex drive, lack of feelings, ocd and anxiety. While I was smoking weed it took away most of the symptoms. But I also ended up going psychotic so its scared me off and am worried about getting back in that situation. I hoped not smoking for a couple years would of made me feel a bit better but I still feel exactly the same as I have for the past 5 years. Ive been eating very good food and exercising. What are your thoughts on smoking weed again? I was smoking a lot probably 7 grams per day. I would really appreciate any replies. Thank you

I would stop any psycho-active substances for years and live as healthy as possible, til your brain have a new norm and the chemicals find a good balance. Maybe the weed was stopping your recovery, but the symptoms from the MDMA are straight from the textbooks.

If you find a way to be happy will be the best thing you can do.

I would stop any psycho-active substances for years and live as healthy as possible, til your brain have a new norm and the chemicals find a good balance. Maybe the weed was stopping your recovery, but the symptoms from the MDMA are straight from the textbooks.

If you find a way to be happy will be the best thing you can do.

Hello mate. Do you really think after 2 years of sobriety my mental state could still improve?
Thank you

I would look at another way to deal with your anxiety my friend. Weed is not reliable looking at your past is it. What is your biggest issue that you feel weed will help with?

I would look at another way to deal with your anxiety my friend. Weed is not reliable looking at your past is it. What is your biggest issue that you feel weed will help with?

Weed got rid of all my symptoms. I wouldnt even have to be high just having it in my system was enough. Just when I went psychotic for them 3-4 weeks thats when I stopped smoking it and that was over 2 years ago

Weed got rid of all my symptoms. I wouldn?t even have to be high just having it in my system was enough. Just when I went psychotic for them 3-4 weeks that?s when I stopped smoking it and that was over 2 years ago

Yea I'm just thinking what might happen from your past experience. I can't smoke weed as it makes me extremely paranoid and causes anxiety and eventually panic attacks, I wish it agreed with me as I have lots of anxiety to deal with but hey ho.

The one thing that strong weed causes in people who smoke it alot is Psychosis, I think if you can keep how much you smoke under control and use it sensibly you might be OK.

Weed might absolve your symptoms but it might serve as a mask, and was possibly even a trigger. I honestly wouldn't bother smoking weed, these type of things tend to be accumulative. What exactly did the psychosis involve, if you don't mind my asking? Just trying to gauge how destructive the symptoms were here.

Last edited:
Weed might absolve your symptoms but it might serve as a mask. I honestly wouldn't bother smoking weed, these type of things tend to be accumulative. What exactly did the psychosis involve, if you don't mind my asking? Just trying to gauge how destructive the symptoms were here.

I dont even know if it was psychosis. I felt like I had a different mind. I wasnt able to think like I normally could and cried most the time for no reason at all. I wanted to pick up objects and smash them into my head for no reason. I was too scared to get help because I didnt want to be forced medication. I felt insane. Luckily it only lasted 3-4 weeks

Last edited:
Hello mate. Do you really think after 2 years of sobriety my mental state could still improve?
Thank you

That's your best bet, giving your brain time to regulate itself to a new standard. However are you talking about psychosis or LTC from MDMA?

+1 on consultation with a doctor

That's your best bet, giving your brain time to regulate itself to a new standard. However are you talking about psychosis or LTC from MDMA?

+1 on consultation with a doctor

I dont know if its LTC from MDMA or its that the MDMA brought out an underlying problem. Im seeing a psychologist in 4 days time

You have to be diagnosed with Psychosis mate its not something you can self diagnose as we are not objective in the situation

You have to be diagnosed with Psychosis mate its not something you can self diagnose as we are not objective in the situation

Yip, this.

It's really hard to know whether or not you experienced psychosis here. Either way, I would generally recommend people with severe mental health problems to avoid all drug use, including weed!

If it is really psychosis you experienced you need to be very careful with weed, it is a known and studied trigger and aggravator of psychotic episodes. I do not only say this because I have read literature saying this, I have extensive experience with psychosis + weed, I have seen up close and for a long time what it can do to a person, multiple people even. It can have very long lasting consequences, sometimes permanent even. It's not because it helps now that that will remain that way. Please, tread very carefully, more than that even, please don't smoke any more. All it takes is one very serious episode and you will be stuck picking up the pieces. I have seen a guy stab his brother because of a weed induced psychotic episode. You are playing with fire. IT. IS. NOT. WORTH. IT. I hope I don't come off as too pushy but I feel I need to make this extremely clear

If it is really psychosis you experienced you need to be very careful with weed, it is a known and studied trigger and aggravator of psychotic episodes. I do not only say this because I have read literature saying this, I have extensive experience with psychosis + weed, I have seen up close and for a long time what it can do to a person, multiple people even. It can have very long lasting consequences, sometimes permanent even. It's not because it helps now that that will remain that way. Please, tread very carefully, more than that even, please don't smoke any more. All it takes is one very serious episode and you will be stuck picking up the pieces. I have seen a guy stab his brother because of a weed induced psychotic episode. You are playing with fire. IT. IS. NOT. WORTH. IT. I hope I don't come off as too pushy but I feel I need to make this extremely clear

Your not pushy at all Im glad you told me how it is. All I have had on my mind for the past week is weed its all I can think about but If I find out it is psychosis I will stay well clear. Your help was appreciated

Some
Research
Here
It is well documented. However as said it is not advised to self-diagnose psychosis. I would consult with a doctor, if you are really worried about psychosis it is more than serious enough to seek some counsel for it from a professional. If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask. If you would like to ask personal questions you can shoot me a PM. Wish you the best

*edit*
Oh by the way, I want to add that I am a daily weed smoker myself. But I am still absolutely certain that if you are prone to psychosis you need to steer clear of it. I add this detail about me so you know I'm not prejudiced against weed or something, to add gravity to my warning

Last edited: