• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Psychosis episode? PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

halgyo

Posting in anonymous as I do not know where this should go.

[ For reference methamphetamine is nothing new for me, a relatively heavy user and have almost never been paranoid at all ]

So recently i had some time to kill. So i buckled in for what i thought would be good couple of days riding the ice dragon.

This was not the case.

After doing some research im certain that i was put into psychosis, having nearly every single symptom.

This is my entire experience, and again this or anything even close has never happened to me.

All starting about 4 ago...

Day 1 :

I rack up some lines, get going, and im feeling great.
At first everything is normal, i'm high as can be chilling listening to music.
A few hours go by and i begin to notice a strange feeling, almost like paranoia but not quite, but i just ignored it and tried to go with the good vibes.

Day 2 :

Still fairly amped but not as much as could be so i decide to redose.

This time around i dont get the initial rush of euphoria from snorting a line.
Another line and still nada. Tons of energy and ready for anything but, no actual euphoria.

A few hours later, and a couple more lines yet i feel the same still.
Still just lazing around not really doing anything then, the feelings of paranoia get noticeably stronger but again i kind of just ignore it.

Day 3 :

At this point i get very paranoid and can take it any more,
so i figure ill smoke some weed (for me this always ends the binge and ill fall asleep for day or so and wake up feeling fine)

So i smoke a few bowls and rather than getting stoned and passing out(as im used to) i get paranoid beyond belief.

I become disconnected from reality, having intense visual hallucinations, hearing voices and strange sounds,
and finally having a 'psychotic episode' putting me into a horrible state of fear. I could go into detail of the episode but maybe another time.

Somehow i manage to fall asleep.
Although, i did not wake up feeling fine as i had hoped.
I still feel sort of fuzzy and not all the way there.

Honestly i do not know what to do as drugs are extremely taboo where i am.

Should i stop all drug use entirely?
Will this psychosis( if this actually is psychosis ) go away once the drugs have more time to get out of my system?

Does anyone have more information on this or any thoughts on what should be done to get back to feeling normal?

Honestly i do not know what to do as drugs are extremely taboo where i am.

Should i stop all drug use entirely?
Will this psychosis( if this actually is psychosis ) go away once the drugs have more time to get out of my system?

Does anyone have more information on this or any thoughts on what should be done to get back to feeling normal?
Of course you should quit your drug use. Or, at least, your neurotoxic drug use.

Yeah cease use of the meth, thc can also have stimulative properties. One of thc's side effects, is paranoia.. If you're already in a state of paranoia, it will only exacerbate that effect.

Stop the meth, drink water, eat a good meal, then sleep. Repeat. It's not permanent, but it can linger for a couple of days.

Yeah cease use of the meth, thc can also have stimulative properties. One of thc's side effects, is paranoia.. If you're already in a state of paranoia, it will only exacerbate that effect.

Stop the meth, drink water, eat a good meal, then sleep. Repeat. It's not permanent, but it can linger for a couple of days.

This
And maybe get something to sleep, like a benzo or quetiapine

If the problems don't go away in a week go to a psychiatrist

It's funny because I'm kinda going through this now, I just smoked weed and it often puts me into minor psychosis for a bit. But I've learned to control it better. I'm at 40 hours awake right now

It sounds as though you took way too much meth and are having a meth psychosis from your binge.

It's from the large amount of the meth you took. Take a break from all drugs including herb. Get some rest, force yourself to eat food and drink water, and whatever you do, don't take more meth. Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.