• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Psychosis & Cocaine

StimulantTim

Greenlighter
Sup everyone,

Ive been reading up on stuff about cocaine, normal thing i do when im on it, interesting to me. But i read up on psychosis after using larger quantities of cocaine, and ive read about psychosis before and i always thought that ive never experienced it until just today. I dont remember word for word what i read but after reading about it, i had a realization that ive had more than a handful of what i think were psychosis episodes.

Let me explain. The way i am with cocaine isnt exactly safe but i do it fully aware of the risks i take, so i dont need lectures of the dangers of it or whatever, believe me, im aware. Anyways, in the past, ill be doing quite a bit of coke throughout the night up to a certain point, when i reach this point, its kinda hard to describe, but the main thing about it is ill make another line, but before i sniff it, im more hesitant than normal, in fact when its coke im not hesitant at all. But, ill just sit there and think about if i should do it or not, then ill tell myself i feel okay enough to do more, and ill sniff whatever line i made, and just sit back and enjoy myself. Then, not long after, THIS is a feeling i cant really describe but i will try my best, but after a short period of time after sniffing the line, all of a sudden, whatever mood im in, changes instantly, literally its an instant change in mood, and my anxiety skyrockets higher than anything else. My vision changes slightly, i dont know how to describe my vision but its just different. I also go from being super chatty and social to dead quiet,and id only speak if someone spoke to me, and my replies were short, i dont know why but i did not want to talk. I would also just stare, like a 1000 yard stare like i have ptsd, its hard to stop staring into space, well not hard necessarily but it requires much more effort than when i space out when im sober. Im not saying that im right and its definitely psychosis, but i believe its very likely that thats what the explanation behind that episode was. Ive been thinking this whole time that i overdosed and that if i did anymore i would surely die. So, i wouldnt touch it for at least the rest of the day. pretty fucking horrible to reach that point. I havent had a really bad episode in quite awhile. I do still reach a point sometimes where i know i should probably call it quits, and i push my limits and do a little more, ill do a smaller amount than normal. Yes i know its stupid, cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Anyways, if anyone has any other reasoning or explanation behind those symptoms id really like to hear it. I know i could be wrong, pretty likely, so i dont need anyone quoting me and turning on caps lock because i was wrong, i just want to get other peoples hypothesis or experiences as to what that feeling was.

Thanks guys, peace.

Ritalin and other amphetamine-like drugs gave me a similar effect to what you describe, so you're not alone there. It's possible that stimulants just aren't your thing; most stimulants have never agreed with me and tended to make me feel much worse afterward. Maybe you should start looking for a different drug of choice?

Yeah, I do cocaine on the occasion nowadays, but used to indulge daily, all day every day.. I started sniffing it, like you do.. and it was fun, until I found crack... then I began smoking it like crazy, and sniffed less and less... and finally, I began doing both crack smoked, and cocaine HCL IV... that's when shit got crazy!

I used to live in this house, in the middle of the woods, in very isolated unpopulated, rural area... my house was literally, surrounded by a forest, and that was the point in my life I was really badly hooked on coke/crack... every night I would get sooo lit on coke, no matter the ROA, and I would chain smoke cigarettes like I always do when on coke/crack.. after every bump, shot, or hit I smoke a cig... so anyways, I used to get BAD psychosis, when I was a daily, heavy user of cocaine... and living in the middle of a fucking forest DID NOT help! I would get so paranoid, I would think there was like 20 people, trying to "get me" sitting in my woods, which a couple times... I think I was actually correct.. but I would be talking amongst myself, and said "forest people" telling them to get the fuck outta here and if they didn't I was going to come into the woods and beat the shit out of them... sometimes carrying a baseball bat or a switch blade, thinking I might have to use it...

I then, stopped doing cocaine, when I lost my job and car... and phone.. and had no way of getting it. And I then began to not stare, like you mentioned OP that 1000 mile stare, blankly staring into oblivion, with giant geeked up eyes... I used to do that a lot! And living in a place, that looked like the scenery of every horror movie ever made, made me go crazy when on coke! I would also stay up all night, for nights in a row doing coke... each day getting more and more psychotic from it... But anyways, when I stopped using it.. I woke the fuck up, and said to myself.. "wow I was really acting insane!".

So, yes.. OP.. I know, all to well, what its like to experience cocaine psychosis... and now I will NOT go near coke of any kind, done any way, without some weed and my script of klonopin... it makes the cocaine experience much better, and takes away the psychosis almost completely for me at least! I cannot do cocaine on its own, I hate it! I lose my mind, stare out my windows, act crazy.. then don't even get me started on that dreadful comedown... uggghhhh... misery, in one word...

So.. yeah, coke is some crazy shit for some people... others can have fun, function normal, and party with other while on it... then people like me, party by ourselves in our room, and just like to be left alone when on it... I don't like being around others with cocaine.. maybe just like one other friend, or a couple... but not like a party with 100 people.. fuck that.. not my cup of tea. Youd be amazed how much smoking the right strain of bud can do, when freaking out on coke.. and benzos! but they are a whole other addiction, and unless you feel as if you must be on them, and have really terrible anxiety/sleep issues, like I do without coke or anything else, just in general I have bad anxiety, and need benzos to function fully, and be a normal person... don't wanna get hooked on benzos, now THAT sucks...

We don't like to see unbalanced people on stimulants.

When I say "we" I mean "the general public", because i'm speaking on their behalf!

When I say "unbalanced" I mean if drugs WORSEN your mood, you probably shouldn't keep taking them.

But I know you don't care...your StimulantTim FFS!
How the hell would it look if a guy named Stimulant Tim up and gave up speed?

It'd look pretty damn weak, that's what I say!

P.S. I'm completely full of shit.
P.S.S. Psychotic people are belived to have an excess of Dopamine in the brain...hence most antipsychotics practically reduce the impact of Dopamine in the brain.
Obviously if somebody with extra Dopamine floating around their brain takes something that RELEASES & inhibits the removal of Dopamine, that's basically a recipe for drug-induced psychosis, or latent psychosis brough on by drug use.
Either way, no es Bueno senor....

Unfortunately stimulants, cocaine mainly, are my go to choice when it comes to what i like. I've only been using it for a little over a year, had a few breaks during this time. I have been able to maintain more self control lately, I dont use daily anymore, and i try to use smaller quantities when i do use. I decided recently to try spacing out when i use, instead of everyday i plan on using once every two weeks, my goal as of now though is a month, we'll see if i can control myself and wait. I'm confident in myself.

So i guess my plan is to not use as often and see if it gives me a more enjoyable experience when i do use, and also i want to see if it'll lessen the effects i mentioned in my post.

I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but i think its possible it will be beneficial overall.

If it doesnt work out, ill just stop using stims altogether because then i'll know for sure that they arent the right thing for me, it'll suck, but its what has to be done.

Thanks for your input, glad to know im not crazy.

I would chain smoke cigarettes like I always do when on coke/crack.. after every bump, shot, or hit I smoke a cig...
I do this as well, i smoke after each line, its like a routine. For some reason, i HAVE to have cigs on hand while im using coke. If i do coke and i dont have any cigs, its all i can think about, and the craving is too strong and i cant enjoy myself. So i wont even do any coke unless i have cigs, might be just me thats like that, oh well.

One thing ive read about with psychosis is i read about people being convinced that they see things that arent real or people are out to get them, things like that. I personally never experienced anything that severe fortunately. However, i am curious about one thing, is it possible for me to reach that level of psychosis over time? I guess my question is, how likely is it that the symptoms i mentioned previously will evolve into the full blown psychosis episodes i keep reading about. They sound terrible and i hope i never experience something like that.

I'm sorry if this may seem like a dumb question. and i'm sure it most likely varies from person to person, but i thought id ask anyways.

The psychosis from coke usually involves an exaggerated sense that people are coming after you or listening to you with malicious intent. The only redeeming factor with coke psychosis is that it usually wears off by the next morning provided there's a few hours in between using. I'd say that what you're describing- not wanting to talk, feeling up in the air about using more- is the beginning of what could potentially turn into a psychotic episode if you were to continue using more without a substantial break period. Stick to your ROA as it's less of a risk.

Id describe stimulant psychosis as me being convinced my stomach is gunna pop because something is seriously wrong then just as im convinced the worlds gunna end its just massive gas.

I have had some very vivid visits from the shadow people after being awake for 3 nights on meth, sometimes meth and coke. I feel really lucky though, because somehow I always am able to tell myself that it's not real, nothings wrong except for the fact that I need to sleep. After that it's actually somewhat entertaining.

Obviously, in a perfect world, when we're prone to this, we stop using what creates the condition for us. Coke, meth, whatever it may be, but unfortunately it's far from a perfect world and that's easier said than done. Perhaps putting a note up where you are bound to see it that reminds you that what you are experiencing is a side effect of the coke, and that you are fine and safe, might help? For me, just knowing what it is and that it happens to many is all it takes to eliminate the fear. I know it's not much, but it's all I can think of to let yourself know it's a frequent side effect and the things seen and heard at that point in time pose no real threat to you.

Also, it's awesome that you are cutting down! Believe in yourself and you can accomplish whatever you set your mind to!