• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Psychosis and weed

Brainfucked

Bluelighter
Hello I last done MDMA 5 years ago and continued to smoke weed until 2 years ago then quit that because it sent me psychotic. Well I blame the weed but im unsure. It lasted about 1 month. For the past 2 years Ive been completely free from all drugs. My symptoms havent got any better since I last done MDMA 5 years ago. Dp/dr, low sex drive, lack of feelings, ocd and anxiety. While I was smoking weed it took away most of the symptoms. But I also ended up going psychotic so its scared me off and am worried about getting back in that situation. I hoped not smoking for a couple years would of made me feel a bit better but I still feel exactly the same as I have for the past 5 years. Ive been eating very good food and exercising. What are your thoughts on smoking weed again? I was smoking a lot probably 7 grams per day. I would really appreciate any replies. Thank you

Last edited:
Weed takes away symptoms of mental illness temporarily because it's a depressant. That's the same thing as saying being an alcoholic cures depression. Completely fallacious and it's like treating a gunshot wound by lighting yourself on fire. It numbs EVERYTHING, it doesn't just reduce psychotic symptoms (which it then makes worse during/after the comedown, by the way).

Yeah, you may just have a mental illness.

I'd consult a professional and try to figure that one out.

Good luck brother.

Hello I last done MDMA 5 years ago and continued to smoke weed until 2 years ago then quit that because it sent me psychotic. Well I blame the weed but im unsure. It lasted about 1 month. For the past 2 years Ive been completely free from all drugs. My symptoms havent got any better since I last done MDMA 5 years ago. Dp/dr, low sex drive, lack of feelings, ocd and anxiety. While I was smoking weed it took away most of the symptoms. But I also ended up going psychotic so its scared me off and am worried about getting back in that situation. I hoped not smoking for a couple years would of made me feel a bit better but I still feel exactly the same as I have for the past 5 years. Ive been eating very good food and exercising. What are your thoughts on smoking weed again? I was smoking a lot probably 7 grams per day. I would really appreciate any replies. Thank you

Cannabis can trigger underlying mental illness in people who are more susceptible. If it led to a psychotic episode before then it probably isn't the best idea. I doubt that smoking small amounts is going to have severe consequences, but it is likely that you pick up the habit again gradually until it becomes problematic. Maybe in small amounts on weekends with friends or in a comfortable environment

There was a period where I was heavily using dissociatives doing shit like dropping acid every day for a couple months and weed made me really paranoid for a couple years after but it went away.

A lot of times when people cross the paranoia/psychosis barrier with weed that's it, they just quit or continue bugging out every time they smoke.

Psychose and weed are not a very good match. A friend of mine was able to stop his cannabis consumption as it was worsening or triggering psychotic episodes or effects. His first, known, happened on a party weekend with some MDMA, Amphetamine, weed as always and probably the most contributing lack of sleep stress and unfamiliar grounds.

So don't would be my advice, what were the last cannabis products you smoked. My friend seemed to react to the hydroponic rich in THC 0 CBD we were smoking day in day out at that time. A product with equal CBD/ THC, King Hassan hash comes to mind would seem the least risky IMO. Be safe.

I'm my experience anxiety and psychosis are due to a nervous breakdown, I use to think waking up the beast with smoking will heal it the hard way but you need time to process what changed it you, sometime it just a call of your body asking for change

When my body was about to give up, and I was within several extremely stressfull events. I began experiencing borderline psychosis. Finally got what a friend of mine sorta must have experienced when he went psychotic all the way. This guy respect to him got in a rehab to get of THC and never touched it again.

I feel way more calm on weed, like if I'm ready to get rough with someone (I get very, very angry if people are dishonest with me) I smoke and I relax.

That said I haven't dealt with much psychosis in the last few/several years.