• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Psychoactive, not psychedelic: Salvia Nemorosa

throatgorge

Bluelighter
Read somewhere that Salvia Nemorosa had a mild narcotic effect similar to opiates. Finally ran into some "may night sage" while looking for another plant and decided to give it a try. For a week now I have consistently got a mild, but VERY pleasant effect-- would not describe it as opiate, but fear not because I most certainly CAN describe EXACTLY what it feels like...

If you've ever smoked Divinorum, there is a nice after effect, a peculiar feeling in the head and a brightening of the mood, plus a lingering dissociative drifting of the mind... this is so much like the afterglow of doing Sally D that I'm sure it must have at least some Salvinorin a or b in it, or else another psychoactive compound not yet known, in common with both species.
Posting this here because I don't feel that it is psychedelic or at least not a pronounced enough psychedelic to be noted for that effect... but yes, this is real, very noticeable, and yeah, like they say, very mild.

The kind of mood lifting you get from tea or pipe tobacco, but mirroring perfectly the afterglow of S.D.
Well worth <learning that there is no price discussion, or sourcing> even if the plant dies, I have plenty of leaf!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my favorite ethnobotanical. It's a very good anxiolytic, analgesic, and mood enhancer. The flower's make for an excellent smoke (don't fully dry them, a few hours in the sun is enough, the active components seem quite volatile). The leaves make a nice quid if their fresh, and smoke well when properly dried.

Just use it responsibly, don't ruin it for those of us who have been in the know for years.

Has anyone tried to smoke S. Nemorosa at a very high temperature, like what was necessary to have a breakthrough experience on S.Divinorum?

I may have to give it a go in the near future.

Has anyone tried making Nemorosa bubble hash? A simple EtOH extraction is effective if you get the solvent deposited on dry flower to dry. Don't let too much leaf get in the extract because of the chlorophyll and make it too hard to smoke and is not nearly as effective.

I've made extracts from both S. Nemorosa and Russian Sage. It's hard to remember exactly the effects (years ago, lots of drugs since then) but essentially a stronger version of the effects felt from the plant.

I always got the best feel from Nemmy via quids over smoking it. Drying the plant seems to degrade or dry off (too volatile?) the actives. I feel you'd never get a a S. Divinorum effect from Nemmy though, I could be wrong but these plants feel more "relaxant" than psychedelic.

One thing I'd suggest, be wary of overuse of Nemmy. I remember feeling some not-so-benign effects when used too often that felt toxic. I remember others reporting this as well. This is uncharted territory, tread with caution.

-GC

I could see a really high dose of Russian sage resulting in an experience one might perceive as psychedelic. Nemorosa shows absolutely no amount of psychedelic effects, despite some pretty high doses, smoked and sublingual

That's true, I take that back.. Russian Sage felt psychedelic at the higher dose, it's been awhile... I had to jog my memory with old reports I wrote. It felt psychedelic in a way similar to how high doses of cannabis can feel psychedelic.

Your right though, nemorosa is purely a relaxing experience. I wish more people knew about it, as well as Russian Sage.

It's been years but these threads make me want to go get some powder off a Russian Sage and smoke it.

-GC

Read somewhere that Salvia Nemorosa had a mild narcotic effect similar to opiates. Finally ran into some "may night sage" while looking for another plant and decided to give it a try. For a week now I have consistently got a mild, but VERY pleasant effect-- would not describe it as opiate, but fear not because I most certainly CAN describe EXACTLY what it feels like...

If you've ever smoked Divinorum, there is a nice after effect, a peculiar feeling in the head and a brightening of the mood, plus a lingering dissociative drifting of the mind... this is so much like the afterglow of doing Sally D that I'm sure it must have at least some Salvinorin a or b in it, or else another psychoactive compound not yet known, in common with both species.
Posting this here because I don't feel that it is psychedelic or at least not a pronounced enough psychedelic to be noted for that effect... but yes, this is real, very noticeable, and yeah, like they say, very mild.

The kind of mood lifting you get from tea or pipe tobacco, but mirroring perfectly the afterglow of S.D.
Well worth <learning that there is no price discussion, or sourcing> even if the plant dies, I have plenty of leaf!

I aquired sage that was similar to the effects you discribed. It was dry leaf mixed with other "herb". The effects were subtle but relaxing.

My friends enjoyed it also.

I don't know but it was a comfy relaxation, with no psychadelic effects.

I personally think you could make a great tea out of it.

If you care to elaborate on it more discriptively, I invite you to post in
Trip Reports.

Last edited:
I've experienced not-so-positive side effects off of home grown plants. I can't remember exactly what they were but I feel it was kidney or stomach related. I'll have to look back to see what I wrote.

-GC

To anyone who experienced negative effects from Nemorosa: how was your material aquired? I grow my own and have complete control over what my plants are treated with. I'm wondering if people are sourcing theirs from parksTo anyone who experienced negative effects from Nemorosa: how was your material aquired? I'm not talking about suppliers, just generalities. I grow my own and have complete control over what my plants are treated with. I'm wondering if people are sourcing theirs from parks or ornamental arrangements. You can't know your material without growing it yourself. This one is (luckily) not vendor friendly, so it leaves me wondering.

After the extremely strong results I got from Russian sage bubble hash, I'm going to start some Nemorosa bubble hash when I get time tonight or tomorrow.