• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Psychedelic Sulfur-Substituted Amphetamines and MAO Inhibition

sekio

Bluelight Crew
Sulfur-substituted alpha-alkyl phenethylamines as selective and reversible MAO-A inhibitors: biological activities, CoMFA analysis, and active site modeling.
Gallardo-Godoy A, Fierro A, McLean TH, Castillo M, Cassels BK, Reyes-Parada M, Nichols DE.

XRkOwdu.png

What is interesting in that paper is that the 4-substituted S-alkyl compounds are mostly pretty weak MAO inhibitors. This doesn't support the common hypothesis that the 2C-Ts are toxic because of MAO inhibition, since they would be even weaker inhibitors than the Alephs. Note that the most potent inhibitors are the 2,4,6-substituted compounds (22a, 22b, 29, 30) rather than the 2,4,5-substituted ones, with the exception of 12c. Compound 30, one of the most potent, is TMA-6, which doesn't contain sulfur, and yet I've never heard of any toxicity issues with TMA-6.

Off-topic regarding the N-benzyl phen correlation thread, so these posts were split off and moved PD >> ADD

These alkyl mercaptan compounds may have potential but this data is only in terms of maoA, if someone can recover papers regarding its other values, would be appreciated..

I know, I've been saying that for years when people call 2C-T-7 an "MAOI." It is still repeated often by even those who should know better.

What is interesting in that paper is...This doesn't support the common hypothesis that the 2C-Ts are toxic because of MAO inhibition, since they would be even weaker inhibitors than the Alephs.