• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Psychedelic Safety: Guidance on difficult experiences & dangerous combinations

Despite of that, why do so many acid-heads claim that it ruins the experience?
Maybe they don't like benzos? I honestly don't ever want to trip again without some benzo of one sort or another thrown in. For me, it's opioids that 'mute' trips, albeit I still enjoy adding them as well. YMMV.

How would you describe a benzo-trip, contra a pure acid-trip then?
Honestly, I can't remember, since it' been too many moons ago, since I've last tripped due to corona, and have no psych-source at the moment...

Last edited:
So, there's no danger or whatever from doing benzos when on acid?
Physiologically no but that doesnt mean ypu cant blackout from taking too much benzos and get hit by a Bus crossing the street or something. But the combo of LSD and a modest dose of a benzo is great for smoothing out a bumpy trip. I've eaten some ridiculously large doses of psychedelics while blacked out on benzos at times tho, one nite I dumped a vial containing 350mgs of 4-AcO-EPT in mouth...had entity contact and the whole shebang.

Physiologically no but that doesnt mean ypu cant blackout from taking too much benzos and get hit by a Bus crossing the street or something.
That's a good point; a benzo sensitive individual may black out and do otherwise unsafe activities.
How would you describe a benzo-trip, contra a pure acid-trip then?
It's like you take the dopamine aspect of LSD and turn it down just a notch. Or for instance, I enjoy preloading with clonazepam, as it's mostly physical relaxation for me, and thus helps with comeup jitters and such.

Generally speaking it just helps you slow down your thoughts and to not become hyper-self-critical. The visuals remain usually and so do the insights, just less 'in your face'.

In fact I'd recommend beer over benzos if you drink, it doesn't seem to affect the trip much but loosens you up well. But I don't drink really and have a bad relationship with booze so I opt for benzos which aren't quite as 'fun' but they do get the job done.

Aight y'all my Bluelight family, as some of you might noted I elected to try a sertraline prescription, 50mg, for GAD about 3 weeks ago, been pretty clean from drugs but had a kinda whim planned so not really whim dalliance with some ketamine just like 400mg on a Sunday eve, nothing unexpected, I know toploading psychoactive during an attempted medical prescription is inadvisable and I'm not gonna make excuses except that damn sertraline moodswings have really been up and and down and hard to deal with leading me to venture back into stuff like flmodafinil, PPAP HCl for a kick now and then. Anyway the ketamine dalliance went smooth and compartmentalised as plamned, 400mg, then done, no redoses. I know ketamine plays well with SSRIs for the most part so wasn't concerned. Problem was when I decided to break out the gram bag of DCK that I I thought could also coulda been 3-ho-PCP, aMT even although that was super unlikely. Eventually bit the sensible, life preserving, good example setting rules and chopped up a few solid lines of DCK. And it was DCK, praise be to the source of all eternity. Did 75mg total over a few hours with bo sleep, took my 50mg sertraline like a good medical patient on schedule and dont really know what happened between about 9 and 12 except several missed calls from the office manager who apparently eventually dealt with whatever it was anyway, she is a great asset and a kind and good person and probably honestly figured I was going through some shit since I accidentally copy pasted a message to her over slack discussing meth use- obviously meant for this forum- a while back which I turbo deleted and neither of us ever spoke of it again. God bless you V, you'll never read this forum and I doubt you're even aware of it's existence but if when we sell I have enough to be flippant with goodwill payouts I'll give you something. No questions asked.

I cant even login to my remote.desktop password at this point that I use every day from memory but I'm spangled enough to be physically unable to test random muscle memory patterns that consistently fail. So I basically just can't do anything. It's about 1 pm now and I'm starting to cocoon in bed with the uncomfortable knowledge that Serotonin Syndrome from DCK and SSRIs compared to just bog standard K could be dangerous.

I have only clonazepam and etizolam on hand rather than diazepam which would obviously be my usual preference. I plan to only use the former, I believe I'm at 4.5 mg right now over a fee hours and recorded on my drug tracking app. I have Semax, in fact N A Semax Amidate ÀND Selank NA-A also which I initially used to attempt to reverse my password memory blockade unsuccessfully. But I am hesitant to using any more drugs now compared to just riding this out.

I have a headache, some nausea and have just been under my blanket talking to my dead father for the last 3 hours. I think I will be OK. I will take a few more clonazepams if needed and otherwise just block all external input and continue to converse with myself ie, bodymind, I am potentially in a danger zone of serotonin proliferation, all units revert to fundamental mandates to reuptake serotonin into the synapse, do not trust these alien tourists trying to convince you to to otherwise. I do not realish the thought of my first ever personally instigated substance orientated medical emergency and the associated hassle that would come with that. I believe will be OK.

But, advice insight and opinions or experiences are welcomed and will be reviewed and taken into account. I am hot and nauseous but do not have an urge for diarrhoea. My last DCK dose most have been probably 8 hours ago by now. Should I take my 50mg sertraline tomorrow morning as planned? What can I do to ride out the danger - other than to truly, truly let go in a way that that possible threat of imminent death makes surprisingly easy..

Again thank you all in advance for your input and I am grateful eternally to this community for... just everything. The fact I've been able to write this post even if it took me a good half hour is surely another good sign.

No idea man, good luck, my advice isn't very valuable in this situation but I wouldn't take another SSRI dose. Anyone with more knowledge that could confirm of give advice?

Sounds like a pressing matter to me, sorry for the worthless advice but I'll give value in a bump ;) take care...

Update - I have survived! Clonazepam eventually knocked me out and when I came to... was still breathing. 😊

Well yes I should hope so! Without context that sentence would be considered heavy shit... I'd consider reprogramming instincts regarding considerations around hospital visits, it's always only a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. Glad to hear it though. :) What was it like? If you want to expand upon it of course

It was pretty frightening in all honesty, beyond that I'm not sure, it quite honestly might not have been serotonin syndrome after all, just anxiety from being needed to sort out some system-critical work issue and being too incapacitated to do so. I did it just now (3am) in about 20 minutes, requiring 4 lines of code over 2 module files and a short debug period, in fact it was one of those fixes that made me wonder why this was the first time it popped up since the previous versions should have bugged out sooner as far as I could tell... it was in a sense an outside context problem though since I did quite a bit of prep work Sunday evening with the explicit goal of making sure no one would need to contact me with anything urgent on Monday... alas... here we are.

DCK is more serotonergic than regular K I believe but my only remembered evidence of additional risk compared to K is a few anecdotal reports from reddit bros of people having seizures combining SSRIs with DCK. I seem to not be very seizure prone, in that I've never had one, but I'm also (usually) pretty careful... I'm overdosing benzos a bit recently too because fuck, man, I just can't handle the SSRI induced anxiety optical and the dragged out pressure of getting ready to leave the company I part founded and can no longer stomach working within. I definitely won't be doing any more DCK until after I'm done with SSRI treatment anyway. I actually applied for a consultation for adult ADD recently with the explicit goal of getting more prescribed drugs (my therapist suggested if you're going to self medicate, why not do it through the proper channels? This may not have been exactly what he meant but whatever). So we'll see how that goes. Today I want nothing more than to just lie in bed but I can't because of my complete abdication of my responsibilities yesterday so that will have to wait.

Noted also about instincts surrounding hospital visits... I have a strong, strong aversion. Partly I guess because I don't want anyone to be able to say oh well it was obviously going to happen eventually! Although that said, I think my decisions recently to get my obvious if arguably, mercifully, mild mental health issues on some kind of official record are a way to take some ownership of them and be able to have something to point at medically if shit ever does hit the fan, so to speak. Anyway my planned 6 months total abstinence obviously was indisputably cut short, I'll generously mark that K/DCK episode as my first true lapse since I find it hard to give too much of a shit about a few beers now and then. Maybe I'll try to follow it up with at least another 2, maybe a second attempt at 6, fuck knows I dunno, I'm sure it'll be OK in the end.

Evidently posting in this thread is not an appropriate substitute for dialing the emergency services in times of crisis 😄, not that it should be or I would expect anything different. Anyone else fearing the worst, call a fucking ambulance, don't just post on a forum where you might be in cardiac arrest before anyone sees it. 😄

Peace, love, and good fortune to you all.

Can anyone provide more information about the 2C-X MAOI combo? I'll I can find is tripsit.me which says: "MAO-B inhibitors can increase the potency and duration of phenethylamines unpredictably." This doesn't seem to be a problem as long as one proceeds carefully. There are very few reports I could find on erowid

I wouldn't. Only using a maoi for oral dmt or other tryptamines that may be needed.

2ct-7 and a maoi would be deadly imo

I'll echo that... I don't recommend it. MAOIs will greatly increase the power of a 2C-X, and could lead to issues with hypertension. Some 2C-Xs would be especially dangerous, as mentioned, 2C-T-7 combined with an MAOI would be extremely dangerous. Phenethylamines in general should be considered unsafe when combined with MAOIs due to hypertension issues.

I accidentally copy pasted a message to her over slack discussing meth use- obviously meant for this forum- a while back which I turbo deleted and neither of us ever spoke of it again.

LOL that kinda shit is the worst, I remember when I was doing my thesis for some unknown reason I accidentally placed a link to an article about LSD in a random place of the word document, and then sent it to my professor for her to review the text. I only noticed I had done that because of the corrections she sent me, "delete this link" without any further comments about it. I never knew if she even opened the link or just assumed it was a mistake lol.

Hey y'all

Any experiences with LSD + Gabanpentin? I tried it recently -- 4 hours into the 100μg acid trip, took 500mg Gabapentin. I think it kinda helped with some of my anxiety -- it was my second ever acid trip and I was going outside to a show. The visuals were really amazing, and I think the gabapentin might've helped with that.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Taking GABA effecting drugs on LSD = pleasure. Have you never had a few beers on LSD?

Edit: Oh, I see it was only your second trip. Well, I'm here to tell you that any GABA drug (booze, benzos, gabapentin, etc) will likely be amazing with LSD. LSD + downers = heaven.

Ehhh...not any GABAergic drug, eh? A lot of people find that benzos will end a trip. That's generally how it works for me, at least

Last edited:
Ehhh...not any GABAergic drug, eh? A lot of people find that benzos will end a trip. Tastes generally how it works for me, at least
Oh yeah. I always forget other people are actually able to use BZDs for their intended purposes :rolleyes:

Yea benzos dull a trip, things like Gabapentin and Phenibut seem to mix well though.

-GC