• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Psychedelic Safety: Guidance on difficult experiences & dangerous combinations

When you mix lsd and dxm you should be fully aware that the third plateau with acid is already very strong but the fourth plateau is something completely different and i'm sure you won't be able to handle the trip. I once mixed four cough syrup bottles with a microdot and the whole experience lasted for a week. I was looking at stuff in that room and the colours were changing so rapidly, the whole rainbow. I was able to look at an item but couldn't distinguish what colour it originally was. It's like a colour you can only see if you have dosed your substances in the rediculous way i did then.

Aeon dude.. if you're going that far into DXM you should have found a pure source already..

Like that one time in an isolation cell, strapped to the bed, on LSD, 12 hours long, I fucking screamed my own guts out, the whole hospital heard me. Oh well, shit happens. Let's focus on the good stuff : D

Hey, other nuttos need to strap themselves down to scream their guts out. I couldn't believe how much my concentration had improved afterwards. It's about hacking that shit. That's what it comes down to.

Godspeed to our fights.

We've just created this new thread in the hopes of having a place people can easily find and come to to get a general understanding on how to use psychedelics safely, and how to safely navigate the psychedelic experience. Thanks to TheBlackPirate for initiating this idea and producing the content above. I intend for this to be a community project, so if you have any ideas on how to convey that message and make this better, or any other feedback, please don't hesitate to share. :)

By the way, what sparked this idea is the sheer number of threads we always get from people who are having traumatic trips with lasting negative consequences. I believe that, except in the case of underlying mental illness, these traumatic experiences could have been framed as difficult but still rewarding experiences, if only there was more of an awareness of how to work through difficult experiences. So we want to try to do whatever we can to help people be prepared to undertake such a journey, in hopes they'll be able to face a difficult experience in a healthy way.

For starters, my first idea is that it would be a good idea to have a section with a checklist of the factors to consider when choosing to trip, and common reasons NOT to trip that keep coming up (ie, should I trip with my parents home? - No)

What do you guys think?
I need advice/help. I hope this is the right place to post.

My first experience with DMT was 6 months ago. I was a heavy heroin user and my connect was out. I called a few friends and finally found someone who knew where to get something to ease withdrawal. So, I drive over, buy some whitish powder, park at the gas station and cook it in the spoon. We (me & friends) pretty much hit ourselves at the same time. As soon as I finished pushing it in, my friend says “DONT DO IT! ITS NOT RIGHHHTTTTTTTTTTT” and his voice started fading away as I shot out of my body straight through the universe. There was no sense of time or reality or even my body. I instantly knew I had fucked up BAD. I was literally a ball of light, energy. After flying through space, I felt like I soared past the universe all the way to the end where there was absolutely nothing but blackness. I felt like there was something I needed to remember but just couldn’t grasp it. Then, it’s like I suddenly realized that absolutely NOTHING is real. There is no planet, no stars no reality. There is only my consciousness, and there has ALWAYS only been my consciousness. I’ve always been alone, in a dark void of nothing. I felt like a ball of light rolling at a million miles an hour wishing I could find the body I used to be in and go back to the blissful ignorance of not knowing this true reality. Every once and a while I would find it and slam back into my body before promptly getting ripped out again. After the 3rd time of leaving my body, I started seeing every decision I had ever made and what would’ve happened if I had made a different decision- I was suddenly every person that had ever lived, experiencing their lives at super speed. It was happy, painful, terrifying, peaceful and every other emotion in rapid succession.

The whole thing lasted about an hour but felt like a million years. I couldn’t function for a month afterward, scared to death I’d be ripped out my body again. It felt like my soul didn’t fit in my body anymore, everything was foreign and like it was only hanging on by a thread. I felt like I knew the secret of existence and wanted to forget it.

Since that experience, I’ve been experiencing severe PTSD. At least once a day, I get a feeling all over my body and feel the experience beginning again. Like every nerve in my body wakes up and I have to mentally talk myself down, that its not real, I’m safe in my body, the drugs are out my system and it’s impossible for me to get ripped out again. I honestly think I have permanently broken my brain.

I went to a doctor and she diagnosed PTSD and social anxiety disorder (two things I absolutely did not have before this trip). I don’t know what to do, I don’t know how to fix this.

The only positive from this is that it 100% cured my opioid addiction. Before dmt I was doing up to 2 grams a day. I haven’t touched it since. It reset my brain in that way. I have zero desire or physical need to do it on top of being terrified of ever putting anything in my veins again. Have I broken my brain forever?

Sounds like you IVed 5-meo dmt. That is the experince of 5meo. You will be fine you have just had your world view shaken and give it some time and you will be okay again. Shamans are usually their to guide trips to make sure re entry is smooth. But iving dmt or 5 meo dmt is whole another level of tripping. You have been upgraded to higher consciouness and experinced secerts of reality those who are wiling to take the ride find on it. Take up meditation and walk around in nature to ground yourself

Am on 15 mg lexapro, 2 mg risperidone and daily clonazapam .5 mg? Not sure of clonazepam dose. Anyways trying LSD for first time but am worried about serotonin syndrom and the drugs that could be sold as LSD but arent LSD. so 1). does LSD interact with these meds and 2). is a drug test kit for LSD enough to see if NBOMe is present. If NBOMe or others are present, will they caus SS with these meds?

You will not be able to trip on LSD while taking those anti depressants. Anti depressants completly block the effects of psychedelic drugs including LSD. LSD would only start working after two weeks of been clean from them. You will not get serotonin syndrome since the effects are blocked and the lsd wont work.

Using a ehrlich test kit on a small piece of the LSD blotter tab will indicate if it is laced with NBOMB or not. Even nbomb effects are blocked by anti depressants.

You still trip with psychedelics with benzos but the effects are quite reduced or muted.

Dosed 10mg amt and have snorted quite a bit of coke. Dnt feel right. Im stupid i know but thought that the combo be fine tho i have not much tolerance to stims.

Would never mix again. Had 10mg valium nt really helping but somewhat relief frm the anxiety.

Will i be fine? Last line was about 1.5 hours ago but still feeling wired and paranoid n anxious as hell. Heart rate feels high. will i be ok. Im cold but sweaty. Palms clammy sorry for spam jus anxious as hell right now :(

Why are benzos so rumoured to end acid trips? All they ever did to me, was to calm me down, and it did make the trip more calmer, but didn't end it.
Would there be any bad side-effects that I might not, or should be aware of when talking about benzo-tripping?

Last edited:
Why are benzos so rumoured to end acid trips? All they ever did to me, was to calm me down, and it did make the trip more calmer, but didn't end it.
Would there be any bad side-effects that I might not, or should be aware of when talking about benzo-tripping?
I doubt it would work anymore, but I ended the visual and most of the mental components of multiple lsd and tryptamine trips with benzos no problem back in the day. If you have a tolerance to benzos, they might not be as effective

Dosed 10mg amt and have snorted quite a bit of coke. Dnt feel right. Im stupid i know but thought that the combo be fine tho i have not much tolerance to stims.

Would never mix again. Had 10mg valium nt really helping but somewhat relief frm the anxiety.

Will i be fine? Last line was about 1.5 hours ago but still feeling wired and paranoid n anxious as hell. Heart rate feels high. will i be ok. Im cold but sweaty. Palms clammy sorry for spam jus anxious as hell right now :(
I hope you are okay. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Id never combine a stimulant with psychedelics, have had really bad experiences even in the days after. I even have trouble approaching psychedelics these days after some bad stimulant abuse