View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Questions : Regarding to Mental Illnesses

hoppedonPURPLEcandy

Greenlighter
Can taking psychedelics have effects in the long term after trips like: Increased, anxiety, hints of psychosis, or irrational thoughts and beliefs? If so, is this more prone with people who are clinically diagnosed with depression and anxiety?

"Taking psychedelics" can mean so many things. It could mean taking 2.0g mushrooms on a calm, sunny day in the woods with friends, or it could mean taking DOI at a nightclub with folks you barely know, or it could mean doing DMT or Salvia in your room alone...

So many factors. And I would dare to say that the factors surrounding the ingestion of the psychedelic weigh far MORE on the outcome than the fact that you took a psychedelic. You see, many people get psychologically hurt or confused by the trip, and also many emerge with their depression or anxiety healed, at least temporarily.

This is a complex subject and it isn't at all a black-and-white answer.

Thank you for the reply but from more so personal experience, specially after a very intense LSD trip, I suffered with certain factors of psychosis. Behaviors like extremely irrational thoughts to the point of immense fear and anxiety. I even noticed points where I could not even smoke marijuana because these irrational thoughts, anxieties, and even relapses of that trip occurred.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I personally and strongly feel that the natural (and unprocessed) psychedelics have a far lesser chance of causing lasting psychological problems. One of the many reasons I stray away from the synthetic ones (LSD, MDMA, 2c-i, nbomes, etc.)

The natural ones such as mushrooms, peyote, other cacti, ayahuasca, Salvia (chewed), in my experience have an intelligence that guides one through the trip--as if the plant itself is imparting lessons and wisdom throughout the trip, thus remedying any points at which your mind might go astray. I know that opinion isn't shared by many on this forum, but it's my experience.

It is commonly thought that psychedelics may exacerbate or trigger the onset of latent mental conditions that would have developed anyway, in individuals who have them. They are not thought to cause mental disorders out of nowhere.

Thank you for the reply but from more so personal experience, specially after a very intense LSD trip, I suffered with certain factors of psychosis. Behaviors like extremely irrational thoughts to the point of immense fear and anxiety. I even noticed points where I could not even smoke marijuana because these irrational thoughts, anxieties, and even relapses of that trip occurred.

Started medical marijuana last week and started feeling extreme panic of a bad mushroom trip from 23 years ago.

It doesn’t cause mental illness, but you’re going to bring anything you have brewing to the surface much faster.

Started medical marijuana last week and started feeling extreme panic of a bad mushroom trip from 23 years ago.

It doesn’t cause mental illness, but you’re going to bring anything you have brewing to the surface much faster.

Perhaps non-psychoactive cbd would be more appropriate for whatever medical condition you're looking to treat.

Can taking psychedelics have effects in the long term after trips like: Increased, anxiety, hints of psychosis, or irrational thoughts and beliefs? If so, is this more prone with people who are clinically diagnosed with depression and anxiety?

I find positive trips to be truly a help with anxiety problems. I have never had psychosis from psychedelics while I have had quite a few episodes on many other types of drugs as I do have schizophrenia but not suffer from it in daily life, nor do I take medication for it but I keep seroquels around just in case. Irrational thoughts and beliefs are completely based on your trip which is always different. I have seen people suffer from such things while in psychiatry but confusion can only be cured by understanding. I do not reccomend anti-psychotics unless you are aware of being within a psychotic mind state at the time when you use the drug. And never take any psychedelic whatsoever when you have any form of depression. That is just asking for a bad trip.

"Taking psychedelics" can mean so many things. It could mean taking 2.0g mushrooms on a calm, sunny day in the woods with friends, or it could mean taking DOI at a nightclub with folks you barely know, or it could mean doing DMT or Salvia in your room alone...

So many factors. And I would dare to say that the factors surrounding the ingestion of the psychedelic weigh far MORE on the outcome than the fact that you took a psychedelic. You see, many people get psychologically hurt or confused by the trip, and also many emerge with their depression or anxiety healed, at least temporarily.

This is a complex subject and it isn't at all a black-and-white answer.
I strongly second this.