• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids PST - Highly regarded brand of seeds making me violently ill?

Shatter

Greenlighter
Hello all, I'm honestly stumped with this one, and I need help because I would be ecstatic if my stash of these actually worked, since I'm running out of other things but still have plenty of these. I'd appreciate any input, so please bear with me...

I've been making PST for a while and it's a wonderful way to relax for 12+ hours without spending a lot of money or finding sketchy pill dealers. A few months back I heard about how good a certain brand was and decided to try them. I ordered a 5Ib bag of Tasmanian seeds. My turtle told me about how much they make him nod off, wink wink). These seeds were advertised as being good for making soap btw.

Anyway, the first time I tried them I used my usual 6oz and seemed to get out of control high, before puking endlessly throughout the next 24 hours. Then for the next 2 days I developed a terrible rash where bumps would appear like poison ivy and turn bright red.

At first I thought they were just super strong, and was super happy thinking that I had hit the jackpot.

However subsequent uses of 2-4 ounces have also made me varyingly sick, and I quite frankly can't take it any more. I don't know what to do. I believe there was actually one time where I successfully got high from these without getting sick, however I find it hard to remember due to it being after the first few times being sick (everything from that times kinda foggy) and I believe I was on Benadryl to combat the hives I mentioned earlier. I remember I sipped very very slowly throughout the day.

So what gives? I have only heard great things from this brand and it is pretty much known as the best and most consistent. These seeds taste very very bitter as well.

Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone gotten sick from this brand? If you're still having a hard time figuring out which brand (I believe my description of how they're regarded and the quantity sold should be enough for some people to accurately guess) any experiences like this from other PST is helpful too.

At first I thought it was from reusing my plastic bottles to make the tea however even after using a clean fresh bottle I still got sick from something like 4 ounces.

Like I said I really want these to work however I just don't know if I can stomach another bout of puking just to experiment. I believe I've had puking fits 3-4 times from using these. Could it be bacteria? Could it be thebaine? Could it be that they're just super strong? I can try another 2 ounce wash but last time I did that I don't think I felt much, and what I did feel I couldn't tell if it was a light high or just me feeling queasy. What's weird is there was one day a while ago where I actually got high successfully from sipping about 6-7 ounces slowly throughout the day.

Anyway, thanks all, I really wish I can find some answers!

Last edited:
It's not pure. Oxycodone or hydromorphone or whatever is from a lab and extremely extremely pure. Your basically ingesting hundreds of chemicals which even if they aren't harmful still can make u puke. I get the same effects of violent nausea and flushing red skin from green tea when I use a ton.

Even if something is labeled "organic" or a reputable brand, unless you grew it yourself you have no idea if it really is actually organic or not.

Nausea is a common side effect of opiates.

It sounds as though you're allergic to opiates if you get the rash and hives?

Stay safe. Maybe quit opiates while you still can?

Opiates-I only ever fucked with pharmaceutical ones like hydrocodone, oxycodone, and codeine in low doses-started to make me feel ill when I was coming down off of them and I would get horrible stomach cramps, and feel sick like I was going to puke. So that's why I stopped using them among other reasons more than a decade ago.

Last edited:
No turtle or swim kinda trash here. We use I.

Well since you feel the need to be rude, my turtle reference was supposed to be a hint at the brand disguised as a SWIM reference but thanks for completely ruining that one, eh?

as for being allergic to opiates I have had all diff kinds of opiates before, including many prescription pure opiates and am not allergic. I also frequently use PST from another brand and am fine, so it leads me to believe that something is going on with these in particular. I know they can have many different variables but this brand is always referenced as the best, so I was hesitant to blame the seeds and say they are useless here if that makes sense. Especially since I have about 4 pounds left

My apologies sir. Btw, no naming or sourcing. I did have a moment of being slightly agitated tonight. No excuse for attitude.

My apologies sir. Btw, no naming or sourcing. I did have a moment of being slightly agitated tonight. No excuse for attitude.

Its alright, we all get frustrated from time to time :)

im trying hard to give subtle hints without naming any brand, but since I'm kinda hoping someone can tell me if they've also had a problem with this brand I'm trying to balance it lol

Even if something is labeled "organic" or a reputable brand, unless you grew it yourself you have no idea if it really is actually organic or not.
No, that's what organic certification is. If something is certified organic, you can be assured it is.

If it's organic, it's most likely unwashed and definitely untreated.

The more natural my tea leaves are the more I want to puke. I think it has to do with minimal processing.

This is pretty much substance id. No one could tell you as no one has the ops specific shipment that could be an outlier.

Maybe you should complain to your vendor about your consumption of seeds leading to you being violently ill. Just a thought although I can see why you don't.

I'm not sure what the culprit could be but I have also gotten terribly sick from ingesting pst. Just toss whatever you have, it's obviously junk and will only make you sick.

The opium on the seeds could be high in thebaine. It can cause a plethora of unpleasant symptoms including vomiting, seizures, etc. in sufficiently high doses. That's the downside of seeds/opium in general-you never know exactly what you're getting, and it doesn't necessarily matter if the vendor is reputable because even if they consistently have unwashed seeds, you still have no idea what the concentrations/ratios of the alkaloids within the opium are and that will make a huge difference in what kind of effects you experience. The vendor has little to no control over that (some strains are known to contain higher ratios of morphine vs other alkaloids but the vendor could also be mislabeling them, whether they realize it or not). In short, this is just something that's basically unavoidable with poppy seeds, don't use the batch that made you sick anymore and possibly look into a new source. But no vendor discussion/sourcing is allowed in any part of BL.

All that aside, maybe they simply started to grow some mold? Poppy seeds grow mold faster than anything I've ever seen when exposed to moisture. It's important to keep them very dry when storing IME.