• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Pseudoephedrine

Pabz

Greenlighter
I took some pseudoephedrine for head cold. I only did 2, 30 mg pills, kept me all night i felt like I was on adderall. Its almost time to start the day im thinking i should do a couple more anybody been this spot before? I dont jabe anything else to keep me going will it work the same way second time

It's not a huge dose so I don't think that it will be a problem as long as you don't have any heart related issues.

No heart issues. Just have to stay awake and alert. I was thinking 3 maybe 4 that would120mg is that to much?

Not too much. That's crazy it was like Adderall for you though. I've never really gotten any central effects from pseudoephedrine. Though I have read of people getting them.

I took some pseudoephedrine for head cold. I only did 2, 30 mg pills, kept me all night i felt like I was on adderall. Its almost time to start the day im thinking i should do a couple more anybody been this spot before? I dont jabe anything else to keep me going will it work the same way second time
Don't follow the instruction's next time taking a medicament. Start with a much smaller dose, you are obviously on the 'more effected by a drug' side.

But after missing a night sleep and if you have no obligation's I'd give it a rest.

Not too much. That's crazy it was like Adderall for you though. I've never really gotten any central effects from pseudoephedrine. Though I have read of people getting them.
Ephedra gave me CNS effect's. There is pseudo in there and Ephedrine.

During my Greenlighter year's though. Been illegal for a decade at least.

Last edited:
Claritin-D 24 Hour: Loratadine 10 mg (Antihistamine) Pseudoephedrine sulfate 240 mg ...thats a Hella dose of pseudoephedrine..!! I know its time release, but Damn Dude.! I take 60-120 mg just about every day for chronic sinusitis for decades now, and know problems so far.
Ephedrine is a lot stronger. The only way to buy Ephedrine these days is to get Primatene tablets. Primatene tablets only have 12.5 mg of Ephedrine. ...and yes you have to sign for them and show id at pharmacy counter.

Last edited:
Claritin-D 24 Hour: Loratadine 10 mg (Antihistamine) Pseudoephedrine sulfate 240 mg ...thats a Hella dose of pseudoephedrine..!! I know its time release, but Damn Dude.! I take 60-120 mg just about every day for chronic sinusitis for decades now, and know problems so far.
Ephedrine is a lot stronger. The only way to buy Ephedrine these days is to get Primatene tablets. Primatene tablets only have 12.5 mg of Ephedrine. ...and yes you have to sign for them and show id at pharmacy counter.

There is also bronkaid, with is 25mg of ephedrine sulfate and is certainly active.

Ive found that 60-90mg of pseudoephedrine has clear central effects.

Yes, I forgot about Bronkaid.! EPHEDRINE SULFATE 25mg, GUAIFENESIN 400mg ..hate all that GUAIFENESIN.! Same stuff in Primatene 12.5 mg EPHEDRINE and 200 mg GUAIFENESIN. Wish I could still get just plain Ephedrine like the good ole days.!!

Yes, I forgot about Bronkaid.! EPHEDRINE SULFATE 25mg, GUAIFENESIN 400mg ..hate all that GUAIFENESIN.! Same stuff in Primatene 12.5 mg EPHEDRINE and 200 mg GUAIFENESIN. Wish I could still get just plain Ephedrine like the good ole days.!!

Guaifenesin is certainly problematic. I took bronkaid at varying doses for years (for some time at a heart wrenching dose of 100mg ephedrine/day). I believe I finally developed kidney stones from all that ephedrine, perhaps even long-term kidney damage.

The difference between primatene and bronkaid is that former is 12.5mg of ephedrine hydrochloride, the latter is 25mg of ephedrine sulfate (with the former similarly having half the amount of guaifenesin). The sulfate salt weighs more so, technically 12.5mg of the hcl salt is more potent on a milligram to milligram basis and has different pharmacokinetics (the hcl salt being faster acting).

I used to pop a few upon waking and briefly fall back to sleep due to the sedating myorelaxant properties of guaifenesin, after which id gradually yet sudden awaken, wide awake, after the ephedrine took full effect approximately 35 minutes later. Its a nice way to wake up, you hit the ground running.

Haven't taken it in quite some time though, the guaifenesin is hard on the kidneys. I'd certainly be open to it if i had pure ephedrine hcl (which is superior to the sulfate, but is dosed too low in primatene).

Once, while dependent on 100mg of ephedrine a day (ie, 4 bronkaid tablets -- the most they will sell you per month), someone stole my wallet out my car the day before i ran out, and without a drivers license i was forced to wait 2 weeks before being able to buy more. The lethargy, and in some regards depression, was quite intense going from 8 months of 100mg ephedrine/day to 0mg.

I abused the hell out of both for years myself, and developed terrible heart burn from something in them.? I had to wean off, and switch to pseudoephedrine ...but still get primatene once a year so I can mix it with an opiate, and go do something fun :)

Ephedra gave me CNS effect's. There is pseudo in there and Ephedrine.

No, pseudoephedrine is a drug, it's not the same as ephedrine. There is no ephedrine in pseudoephedrine, and "pseudo" isn't a drug, it's just the first part of the word "pseudoephedrine".

Pseudo sucks.
Doesn’t relieve any cold and flu symptoms at all and it’s destroyed meth forever here.

No, pseudoephedrine is a drug, it's not the same as ephedrine. There is no ephedrine in pseudoephedrine, and "pseudo" isn't a drug, it's just the first part of the word "pseudoephedrine".
The isolated form's were never OTC overhere only the plant extract till that got banned.

And Ephedra contain's both alkaloid's if I am correct. To explain the 'pseudo- and ephedrine' part.
I meant pseudo-Ephedrine and Ephedrine. ;)

Last edited:

Ephedrine is the racemix DL-Ephedrine and pseudoephedrine is only the D isomer, D-Ephedrine. That's why you get D-Meth from a synth with pseudo and DL-Meth from ephedrine is it not ?

Pseudo sucks.
Doesn’t relieve any cold and flu symptoms at all and it’s destroyed meth forever here.

You must be confusing "pseudoephedrine" with "phenylephrine".

I don't see how pseudoephedrine (which *is* a pretty effective decongestant) can "destroy meth forever", when it is actually the preferred precursor for making methamphetamine.

On the other hand, phenylephrine - increasingly used as a replacement for pseudo in various cold relief products - cannot be made into meth, and is indeed virtually inactive orally and thus serves no purpose beyond placebo in these meds.

You must be confusing "pseudoephedrine" with "phenylephrine".

I don't see how pseudoephedrine (which *is* a pretty effective decongestant) can "destroy meth forever", when it is actually the preferred precursor for making methamphetamine.

On the other hand, phenylephrine - increasingly used as a replacement for pseudo in various cold relief products - cannot be made into meth, and is indeed virtually inactive orally and thus serves no purpose beyond placebo in these meds.

Pseudo doesn’t relieve my cold and flu symptoms like real ephedrine did.

And here in Aus it destroyed good quality meth when they banned OTC products with ephedrine in it because people were buying it to cook meth with.
Had the best rush for IV, and it lasted ages.
Can’t get it here anymore and whatever they replaced it with, gives me a bad reaction and bugger all rush