PRP Injections

GrymReefer

Bluelight Crew
To make a long story short, I injured my hamstring some years ago right at the insertion to the ischial tuberosity and it never fully recovered. There was no visible bruising from my memory, but it was extremely tender. Overtime the muscle has slowly atrophied in a very unusual way and I've been unable to fully re-establish any real functional strength or return the shape of the muscle to it's original structure. 30+ weeks of physical therapy off and on over the years along with an X-Ray and a recent MRI confirm there is no visible hamstring tear, but there is an extensive amount of inflammation at the tendon insertion.

Ortho is offering me PRP injections within his clinic as well as a few recommendations for reputable stem cell clinics outside the state. I'm on the fence with the gamble in regards to trying that biologic as comparing the price to say a protocol of equally questionable compounds (BPC157, TB500, MK2866, Ligandrol) would still put me at roughly half the price of a single PRP treatment. I was given the ballpark of paying between 700-800 USD for each PRP injection.

Has anyone had any success with PRP injections?

I haven’t done them but BPC is highly effective as is growth hormone

I'm highly considering BPC I'm just unsure how effective it will be if I'm not able to accurately inject it into the proximal hamstring tendons.

To make a long story short, I injured my hamstring some years ago right at the insertion to the ischial tuberosity and it never fully recovered. There was no visible bruising from my memory, but it was extremely tender. Overtime the muscle has slowly atrophied in a very unusual way and I've been unable to fully re-establish any real functional strength or return the shape of the muscle to it's original structure. 30+ weeks of physical therapy off and on over the years along with an X-Ray and a recent MRI confirm there is no visible hamstring tear, but there is an extensive amount of inflammation at the tendon insertion.

Ortho is offering me PRP injections within his clinic as well as a few recommendations for reputable stem cell clinics outside the state. I'm on the fence with the gamble in regards to trying that biologic as comparing the price to say a protocol of equally questionable compounds (BPC157, TB500, MK2866, Ligandrol) would still put me at roughly half the price of a single PRP treatment. I was given the ballpark of paying between 700-800 USD for each PRP injection.

Has anyone had any success with PRP injections?

Try the cheap options first, even if you can't inject precisely where you need to (kinda hard without an US scanner anyway...). If no luck going that route, try PRP or stem cells. Success of the latter does seem to depend on who you have doing it - hopefully someone with some familiarity and success with treating athletes. But even so, I've seen pretty mixed outcomes, thus it's a lot to invest without certainty of improvement - unless money is no issue.

Try the cheap options first, even if you can't inject precisely where you need to (kinda hard without an US scanner anyway...). If no luck going that route, try PRP or stem cells. Success of the latter does seem to depend on who you have doing it - hopefully someone with some familiarity and success with treating athletes. But even so, I've seen pretty mixed outcomes, thus it's a lot to invest without certainty of improvement - unless money is no issue.

I'm definitely willing to try out BPC. At this point I'm just rather desperate and annoyed as I've been through so much PT off and on with little improvement. Even considered running a cycle just to see if I could get some changes in it from the abundance of growth factors that'd be free flowing. Would suck though because I'm quite happy with my total T and Free for what shenanigans I've put my brain and testicles through.

In my experience MK 677 worked magic on old injuries and even reduced a 15 years old scar on my head to half the size.
You have to run it for a few months to really see it working but AFAIK and in my experience you won't have issues apart from a huge increase in appetite, and some water retention that will go away within 2 weeks of stopping.
If you are sensitive to the effects you may even get carpal tunnel symptoms from the water retention restricting your nerves but that also goes away with the water if you stop.
You need to keep your carb intake in check as with anything that increases your GH ofocurse.

In my experience MK 677 worked magic on old injuries and even reduced a 15 years old scar on my head to half the size.
You have to run it for a few months to really see it working but AFAIK and in my experience you won't have issues apart from a huge increase in appetite, and some water retention that will go away within 2 weeks of stopping.
If you are sensitive to the effects you may even get carpal tunnel symptoms from the water retention restricting your nerves but that also goes away with the water if you stop.
You need to keep your carb intake in check as with anything that increases your GH ofocurse.

I'm trying to gather a little more knowledge on SARMs, but I'm most likely going that route.

Did you do a PCT at all after MK677 for a few months? I've already had labs done in the last 3 months for a baseline regarding hormone profile and lipids. I feel somewhat confused in regards to a lot of SARMs having suppressive effects on endogenous T function, yet it seems like a lot of people don't run PCT coming off any of them and some don't even mention having any low T side effects while on them.

I'm trying to gather a little more knowledge on SARMs, but I'm most likely going that route.

Did you do a PCT at all after MK677 for a few months? I've already had labs done in the last 3 months for a baseline regarding hormone profile and lipids. I feel somewhat confused in regards to a lot of SARMs having suppressive effects on endogenous T function, yet it seems like a lot of people don't run PCT coming off any of them and some don't even mention having any low T side effects while on them.

SARMs are drugs that act by binding to the androgen receptors (AR) in a more tissue specific manner than steroids.
They are designed to favour AR in muscle and bone tissue mostly although they are far from being perfectly selective.
To give you a measure of their power the most powerful ones can be about as effective as Anavar when used at reasonable dosages.
Ofcourse some people are being pioneers and megadose, which I don't understand as it would make more sense to do a mild cycle.
It seems that as the dose goes up their effects become less selective and more like a steroid.
The only SARM that is not particularly suppressive is MK2866, better known as Ostarine: on reasonable dosages rather than shutting down T production it will lower it and the recovery is therefore faster, IME 1 or 2 weeks of PCT (Clomid+Nolva) are needed after 6 or 7 weeks at 25mg per day and I did bloodwork to check.
During the cycles I didn't feel the low T as MK2866 binds to SHBG so it raises Free T significantly and I felt slow and sleepy and depressed only the first week of PCT.
Couple of liver enzymes where slightly elevated but where within range in 2 weeks, LDL was increased a bit and HDL lowered a bit compared to baseline.
It feels nice, gives me energy and focus and good mood, and you can feel it less than 30 minutes after the first dose.
One time I was successful in avoiding shutdown altogether by taking low doses of Clomiphene while on Ostarine.

Regarding MK677 it is often referred to as a SARM but it is not one.
It is not an androgen so it will not cause any shutdown and there is no need for a PCT.
It is a Ghrelin Receptor agonist, so as Ghrelin is the appetite hormone MK677 will make you hungry as hell, but like Ghrelin it will also stimulate the release of GH.
If you want to try it I suggest a minimum of 3 months as like GH it doesn't instantly grow muscles and repair injuries but it is effective against old injuries IME.

I'm most likely only going to go into MK677 as I've got suitable test levels for decent anabolic function. My last bloodwork was 627 ng/dl for Total T and 1.2 pg/ml for Free T.

Did you have any blood sugar issues on MK677 or water retention?

I'm most likely only going to go into MK677 as I've got suitable test levels for decent anabolic function. My last bloodwork was 627 ng/dl for Total T and 1.2 pg/ml for Free T.

Did you have any blood sugar issues on MK677 or water retention?

Issues no, but you want to avoid eating eating big quantities of carbs at once and in general limit the total daily intake.
GH will be converted into IGF1 into your liver and IGF1 will occupy some of your insulin receptors so if you need to absorb a fuckload of carbs your pancreas will react by producing extra insulin and will get stressed and we do not want that to go on for months.
Sometimes when I ate too many carbs my gut would become noticeably bigger for a few hours, looked like water retention but can't be sure, but it always resolved spontaneously.
Water retention made my face slightly puffier and I did get the carpal tunnel syndrome tingling in the hands upon wake up and needed to stretch and move a bit for it to go away.
After a few months it would sometimes became very strong to the point that the sensitivity was reduced in some fingers and I had to stop for 2 or 3 days for it to fade.
IME the most efficient way of taking it is in the morning as soon as you wake up, I tried taking it at night but it seems less effective.
You need to take it on an empty stomach and wait at least 45 minutes before eating, and while it seems easy it's absolutely not as in less than 30 I would get a ferocious hunger, waaay stronger than the strongest weed munchies I ever had.
It becomes more tolerable after a few weeks but never goes away completely.
I would recommend starting low, say 10mg/day and gradually increase in 5mg steps up to 25mg/day to avoid suffering for excessive hunger. I always took it in one dose, the half life is at least 12 hours IIRC.
My skin was not noticeably puffy but I realised my joints where more lubricated than normal, it will increase the amount of synovial fluid.