• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc provigil sexual problems

mrs_mia_wallace

Bluelighter
So, basically I am having an impossible time achieving orgasm, period, and it really sucks and I think its medication related. Has anyone experienced this with provigil?

are you a chick?

if so then I cant help you... unless you want me to HELP you achieve orgasm... lol

jk jk

anyway.. I havent heard of this but I will give you a bump so an expert can help you :)

This is not a listed side-effect of Modafinil (Provigil). However all stims, if taken at relatively high dosage, tend to have that side-effect. How much did you take? 100mg is enough for therapeutic purposes if you have no tolerance.

I'm an off-script modafinil fan (male), and when the need arises I would take 100mg every other day for long periods and I have never experience this problem. But I will ask around amongst my female friends who take it.

^ thanks. The other meds I'm on are Welbuterin, Lexapro, Seroquel, and Neurotin. Do y'all think it could be one of those?

lexapro can definitely be the cause...all those types of meds related to laxapro (SSRIs & SNRIs) gave me total inability to get an orgasm

Lexapro big time for me. Wellbutrin helped resove some of these problems, but not totally. Did it start right after you started provigil.? Does provigil cause any euphoria for you?

Seems like you're on a lot of medications that have definite sexual side-effects. It may not be just the Provigil, but the combination you're on.

How do you like the Provigil btw? I was thinking about getting some for my fatigue from Fibromyalgia?

As other people have stated, the drug most likely to be causing this side effect is Lexapro. SSRIs are well known for their ability to cause delayed orgasm/sexual dysfunction at random times during treatment, with the side effect persisting once it begins.

^ thanks. The other meds I'm on are Welbuterin, Lexapro, Seroquel, and Neurotin. Do y'all think it could be one of those?

Of course, SSRI's (in your case Lexapro) often make orgasm impossible or hard to achieve for people, even if you go at it for hours on end.

Seems like you're on a lot of medications that have definite sexual side-effects. It may not be just the Provigil, but the combination you're on.

How do you like the Provigil btw? I was thinking about getting some for my fatigue from Fibromyalgia?
Its OK, it makes me super shakey and it isnt doing wonders for my ADD, but because I'm a recovering meth addict they won't prescribe me anything else.

I'm still having issues... should I talk to my psychiatrist?