• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Pros and Cons to Daily Kratom dependency vs sporadic usage

Mycophile

Bluelighter
For people here into Kratom here I'd like to ask you a few questions:

How many of you that have a daily dependency and dose daily prefer it that way vs sporadic dosing and did you make a conscious choice to become dependent or did it just kind of happen over time??

What are the downsides (and upsides) to being addicted to Kratom and NEEDING to dose everyday??

To someone who isn't dependent on taking it every day (or at least who gets mild WDs but resists redosing till they are over) but greatly enjoys it and dislikes the WD, would you recommend continuing to fight against daily dependency or giving in and just taking it every day??

I personally just see too many downsides to giving in to daily dependency as I know I'd just dose like 2 ounces a day everyday and who knows what the repercussions on my body and mind would be.

Some people have said I'm crazy to want to dose a couple times a week and then feel lethargic on the off days but I see no way that it wouldn't bite me in the ass big time if I decided to just let myself become fully dependent.

That's why I choose to dose a couple days a week and deal with feeling crappy on the off days.

It seems like the path of least resistance to give in to daily use, but I just don't think it would be wise in the long run.​

This is stupid, only an idiot chooses addiction

I would agree with you, I'm not going to choose to get addicted to Kratom.

Even though I'm getting withdrawals I'm not going to give in to a daily dependency.

But some others have said it's pointless to feel like shit for 2 days from every day I dose so they'd just rather dose everyday.

I don't know, maybe this is a stupid thread, sorry if it is.

To some degree, I've thought about this before, choosing between having two or three large doses in an evening two or three times a week and having more side effects, versus having smaller doses spread out over the day a couple more days per week, with less acute side effects. I've generally chosen against the latter, but I think it possibly holds a few benefits over the former. The main thing holding me back is that tolerance develops far quicker, as well as eventual dependence and withdrawals.

The only good thing about daily use is that it gave me something to take that wasn't true (illegal) opiate/-oids. Other than that, any good feelings go away quickly, but negative effects remain and grow. I was only using 2 tsp's twice a day or less, and I didn't realize it until I stopped, but daily use was causing me moderate anxiety. My libido was also almost non-existent during my using.

Kratom is great. It's occasional use, or use for tapering off harder stuff is wonderful. Using it daily sucks though and is probably the least rewarding thing you could use daily.

I've been using Kratom for a week stright and the bad symtoms defiantly are more apparent, I can easily stop with little withdrawals because I have gabapentin but daily use still it takes away all libido! I could not get an erection with my girlfriend! I think it's best to use 1-2 times a week, much better effects but I know how tough can be. I tried stopping today and ended up dosing 1-2 tsp

Downside- constipation, a shorter diminished high, annoying withdrawal symptoms if you decide to not dose or dose less.

Upside- still helps with pain, energy and other medicinal effects.

I've been using Kratom for a week stright and the bad symtoms defiantly are more apparent, I can easily stop with little withdrawals because I have gabapentin but daily use still it takes away all libido! I could not get an erection with my girlfriend! I think it's best to use 1-2 times a week, much better effects but I know how tough can be. I tried stopping today and ended up dosing 1-2 tsp

I have no libido on kratom..zero desire or ability..

I'm gor taking small maintenance doses as it allows you to function..there is no way I would use 2 days a week and go through 4 days of lethargy..I'd figure out. Better system