• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction propranolol, performance, and cocaine

cdin

Moderator: H&R; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
Alright, I think I pretty much know what the answer to this is gonna be, but I want to make absolutely sure. I'm a musician, and as such like to take a small dose (~20mg propranolol) of a beta-blocker an hour before performance. We go on at around 9, so somewhere around 8pm I'd like to take the 20mg. Now, I know for a fact that after hours, I'm going to be offered some good cocaine. I don't mind a bit after a performance, and my preferred ROA is IV, I will probably do 2 - 80/90mg shots if I do any at all. My question is - is it going to be dangerous to take the cocaine 4 - 6 hours after 20mg inderal. I know it should not be administered AFTER for cocaine tachycardia, I know they can be dangerous combined. I know the half life of propranolol is 10 hours. So, I'd estimate I'll still have roughly ~10mg left floating around my system by that time.... Any input would be appreciated.

na i wouldn't do it man.. i take propranolol sometimes and its sketchy. Either take something before the concert in place of the propranolol to calm your nerves or DONT take it at all... that is if you still plan on shooting coke afterwards.

better safe than sorry, I myself deff wouldn't shoot coke 4-6 hours after taking propranolol- just my advice

yep, guess good ol alcohol is the solution here. Thank you for the advice.

na i wouldn't do it man.. i take propranolol sometimes and its sketchy. Either take something before the concert in place of the propranolol to calm your nerves or DONT take it at all... that is if you still plan on shooting coke afterwards.

better safe than sorry, I myself deff wouldn't shoot coke 4-6 hours after taking propranolol- just my advice

Yep, propranolol is hit or miss..sometimes it works great, other times I just feel foggy and slowed down on it..I've combined it with stimulants on numerous occasions and played sports...I found out the hard way that this is extremely dangerous even though at the time I saw it as harmless..it can cause some very troubling chest pain/problems...don't do it