• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Proper Nootropics for a 92-year-old Woman

jackie jones

Bluelight Crew
If you have minimal knowledge of this subject, please move on.

I care for my Grandmother for three hours daily. She is beginning to slip. She has always been highly intelligent, and still speaks fluent French. She has recently decided to stop driving (I obtained a new Buick in the process, booyah). She says she is tired constantly. She has anxiety and has trouble sleeping. She also has moderate back pain She knows that I am a drug geek, and trusts my instincts. My knowledge of Nootropics could use some work. I really do not want to use her as a test subject, but I think she could be helped with an addition to her current drug regimen, which is Lorazepam, Cyclobenzaprine , and Apixaban. I have convinced her to take the Cyclobenxaprine at night and the Lorazapam during the day, which would be a 180 switch. I have offered her some of my Bupe for her pain, but she is reluctant to take it. I think she would be okay with Nootropics, as they are not of the controlled side of drugs, which she has a negative viewpoint of.

I could use the help of those knowledgeable in the Nootropics field, so I can add the right ones next time I order my Phenibut.

Help is greatly appreciated. She is the only Grandparent I have left and she is a lovely person. You should see her artwork.

You should not administer nootropics to a 92 year old.

The complaints you listed were fatigue, anxiety, insomnia and chronic pain. There is no single nootropic drug that could address all of these complaints. Although phenibut could ostensibly address the latter three complaints, I would advise against giving a 92 year old woman phenibut. Or any drug really.

I will give you a safe option that can assist with the last three. Black seed oil. It is a surprisingly effective anxiolytic and sleep aid and has definite analgesic effects. The overall effects are not subtle at all and very apparent; it's powerful stuff. It is also extremely safe. I would start at 1 capsule in the evening. It does not interact with other medications though it can increase the sedative properties of other sedating medications. The active component, thymoquinone, has analgesic, anxiolytic and relaxing qualities that are suprisingly strong but also very safe. It is also a potent antioxidant with a number of health promoting effects.

L-theanine might be good for day time use. I'd start that at 100mg.

As far as the black seed oil, if you are in the US i recommend this brand as it seems to be the most consistent (its also dirt cheap):

I respect your knowledge on the subject, neurogesic, and will likely go with it.

This woman had the life. Two houses and a vacation house, active in the community and Church. Able to do anything she wanted.

And she still can. Since my Grandfather died, she is just waiting to die herself. It is sad to see. I do cook well for her, and make sure she is loved, but there is something missing.

Try the black seed oil, great for pain, anxiety, mood and sleep yet very safe. I can almost guarantee that she will respond well to it.